AtlasOLimbo

DM Rights transferring to a group.

All reports are handled on a case by case basis; while previous rulings can be used as a loose reference, they are not to be taken as "precedent"; roleplay scenarios are too dynamic for that.

Instead, you should immerse yourself into your character and it's surroundings, and try to act in a way that makes sense for an average person to act. (i.e. average Joe not hardened navy seal).

8 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

All reports are handled on a case by case basis; while previous rulings can be used as a loose reference, they are not to be taken as "precedent"; roleplay scenarios are too dynamic for that.

Instead, you should immerse yourself into your character and it's surroundings, and try to act in a way that makes sense for an average person to act. (i.e. average Joe not hardened navy seal).

I've yet to receive proper explanation why unarmed, while related to the situation, posed zero threat individuals were gunned down besides the fact that myself and one other were involved in the escalation. Therefore the entire group had valid DM rights against all of my group and they got gunned down similar to SEALs against innocent civilians.

It implies a precedent.

21 hours ago, AtlasOLimbo said:

I've yet to receive proper explanation why unarmed, while related to the situation, posed zero threat individuals were gunned down besides the fact that myself and one other were involved in the escalation. Therefore the entire group had valid DM rights against all of my group and they got gunned down similar to SEALs against innocent civilians.

It implies a precedent.

Here is your explanation, Eclipse just like Real life has consequences for the company you keep. you don't want to get shot? don't hang around people who are going to get themselves shot 

1 hour ago, Dirty Mike said:

Here is your explanation, Eclipse just like Real life has consequences for the company you keep. you don't want to get shot? don't hang around people who are going to get themselves shot 

So we should also be one-shotting officers in the head and be able to shoot cops for traffic stops, commit mass killings, etc, right? If Eclipse is just like real life? Garbage argument.

23 hours ago, AtlasOLimbo said:

So we should also be one-shotting officers in the head and be able to shoot cops for traffic stops, commit mass killings, etc, right? If Eclipse is just like real life? Garbage argument.

If a cop intends to arrest you then you do have DM rights on all the cops that are in the area unless they surrender. Hunting them down while they drive off/run is obviously seen as Non-RP but that's because it's something that does not happen in real life so it's seen as very unrealistic. You chose the wrong paragon here because cops are more vulnerable to getting shot out of the blue just because they are cops and they are obligated to arrest dangerous individuals.

Street gangs really do start conflicts and kill each other for the dumbest shit so even if the reason for starting the shootout is objectively seen as idiotic, it is realistic. I agree that you should not shoot at someone that hasn't shown intention to be part of the conflict and we can see that they are shooting at people that are running away. At the same time, however, "roleplay scenarios are dynamic" and armed gang members can be seen as a threat after you just gunned down their leader. Keep in mind that some of the members did retaliate and pulled out their weapons, showing the intention to join the fight.

You will have more chances of not getting shot if you raise your hands instead of staying still in the middle of a shootout like you don't know what's going on.

Edited by TheCactus