FarmerJesus

The addition of saving accounts through the bank.

this is an extremely simple concept, lets say you make 100k on a paycheck you can put 50% of that into a saving account then the other 50% goes in your actual spendable account. now with that 50k that went into the savings account it will earn interest 1-5% and you can get that once a day as long as you were online for an hour in total that day (same as the daily credit thing). This account shouldn't be able to access by anyone but you if you are in debt you have the CHOICE to take the money out and use it to pay off your debt and you have to use the app on your phone or go to the bank to pull the money out of the savings account and move it to the normal account. I feel as if this would help people earn the money back that they lost from taxes (which is a lot if your in the higher bracket and don't have vip) and it would be an overall good thing to help save for the house or car you want to buy.

• Like 3

Cool idea but to be honest there’s too many grinders and people with literal millions that would make this just a money spawn. So a -1 on the interest part.

However , I like the idea of something taking $x out if your salary until you hit a savings goal.

For example:

you want to buy a car for 100k but you are bad with money so you set the savings in the bank to 100k and it takes say 20% of your salary each time until you’ve hit that 100k then it’s there to withdraw. That would be a super fun mechanic and way to implement savings. Maybe withdraw early but at a cost or cool-down on making a new savings account.

• YAY 1

Cool idea but to be honest there’s too many grinders and people with literal millions that would make this just a money spawn. So a -1 on the interest part.

That is fair, i was thinking the interest bit would take place of the 1k-100$ you get an hour. and there would be a cap on the amount that gains interest

5 hours ago, Ash said:

However , I like the idea of something taking $x out if your salary until you hit a savings goal.

For example:

you want to buy a car for 100k but you are bad with money so you set the savings in the bank to 100k and it takes say 20% of your salary each time until you’ve hit that 100k then it’s there to withdraw. That would be a super fun mechanic and way to implement savings. Maybe withdraw early but at a cost or cool-down on making a new savings account.

(to manny grinders and to manny people with millions)
how is this a bad thing.

- you have loyal people in the server for years, and you demean their long earned status in the server.
- there are people in the server with an actual goal to earn something that wil benefit their rp later on.

how is having people online for hours a day ( that becoming an IC reward) for the effort they take, something that would not be a beneficial thing.
even if it means a person to log on for 2 hours, sitting in car on a freq, it would mean an oppertunity to jump in to a sudden event taking place.
if not at least the city feels more alive for simply seeing a car pass by on your left window.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bill Breacher said:

-1. Its bad for the economy of a server such as this to spawn more money from doing nothing. If anything, we need more money sinks. 

I just wanted to point out the amount of tax that you put in when you have an expensive car and dont have vip

Like i said it would be a way to earn the money back from the money you toss into taxes, and i do believe that you only have a PD character unless i am mistaken so you dont have a hard time saving money the savings and interest would be more beneficial for crims, mechanics, taxi drivers and such.

Edited by FarmerJesus

-1 for additional accounts for the sake of gaining interest, there are plenty of ways to earn money by doing something.

I also disagree that this will somehow help players "save money".. Money Management (saving money) is an inherent skill and not simply gained by having another account to move cash into, people who cant manage their money will always be bad at managing their money. Having money locked away from you touching it, isn't "managing" your funds. Taxes or VIP have nothing to do with this.

Below is a post from developers which is the beginning of where they wanted to go with Banks, Bank accounts and bank cards, their intended usage of the RP being that you can separate personal finances from business finances and possibly even include other people in being able to access those finances (As a store manager would be able to make purchases for the day-to-day activities without the involvement of top ownership).

image.thumb.png.efa175f44c687e52587d5a2e4721e1d0.png

Unfortunately we can only assume that this idea has either been shelved indefinitely or is heavily delayed due to other issues, which is a shame because I think the ability to separate business and personal finances and involve other people in those finances with multiple bank cards is a great idea and would get a +1 from me.

3 hours ago, Kjaer said:

-1 for additional accounts for the sake of gaining interest, there are plenty of ways to earn money by doing something.

I wanted to say, i didnt make extra accounts to gain interest but okay 

3 hours ago, Kjaer said:

I think the ability to separate business and personal finances and involve other people in those finances with multiple bank cards is a great idea and would get a +1 from me.

But i do agree with this it would be nice to have other accounts and bank cards, i kinda blanked on that whole idea and it would be a wonderful thing to add. (just aslong as they werent thinking about it 2-3 years ago)