BruciebearTV

[BUG] Maxed out drags being slower.

Date and time (provide timezone): 11/8/2022

Character name: Bear Byrnes

Issue/bug you are reporting: maxing the drag actually makes it slower. tested it with Chunder. we had one that was completely maxed out and one that was just 1 from being maxed out. now some will say its an fps issue but it is not. I will provide screenshots of what setup makes it faster when in reality maxing it should make it  faster. along side both drags the maxed one only topped off at about 190 ish and the one that is not maxed out tops off at about 200 ish. (my drag is currently fixed since i took off the maxed mods but there's a lot of drags out there that are maxed and that are not getting the full potential they should).

Expected behavior: having the maxed out mods making it faster instead of slower. 

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate: 
https://gyazo.com/de021e27fb4d7402f06b87783873b425
(this would be the faster mods)
Chunder tested it I will see if I recorded testing it myself. will provide video if I have it.

As well as a common report being made about it awhile back:  

Vehicle license plate number*: 

Edited by BruciebearTV
  • hand 1

5 hours ago, Chunder said:

Can confirm. I tested these two bikes out and the bike with less mods went significantly faster than the maxed out one.

you just need to make the engine thingy 4/5 that's all it goes faster 200+ for brakes and transmission you don't need to lower them , just 4/5 engine stage and you're good , same as i did for mine

11 hours ago, Harveyyy said:

That's happening because of a recent rockstar update, it is not a bug. They added extra performance mods that makes the drag handle slightly better but have slower acceleration/top speed.

Is there a source? I'd like to read this patch note.

1 hour ago, Aieos said:

Is there a source? I'd like to read this patch note.

https://www.dexerto.com/gta/everything-thats-changed-in-gta-5-next-gen-update-full-patch-notes-1784175/

It's the HSW performance upgrades. If you test drive a HSW drag and a non-HSW one, you'll find the non-HSW significantly faster on a straight line. The update itself doesn't mention that its a nerf, because it is still considered an upgrade since it makes the drag handle slightly better with beefier brakes. Tho you won't be able to notice that here since it's nerfed by the server. 

On 11/8/2022 at 11:55 PM, Harveyyy said:

https://www.dexerto.com/gta/everything-thats-changed-in-gta-5-next-gen-update-full-patch-notes-1784175/

It's the HSW performance upgrades. If you test drive a HSW drag and a non-HSW one, you'll find the non-HSW significantly faster on a straight line. The update itself doesn't mention that its a nerf, because it is still considered an upgrade since it makes the drag handle slightly better with beefier brakes. Tho you won't be able to notice that here since it's nerfed by the server. 

However it's supposed to be for PS5,Xbox, not PC

41 minutes ago, Victus said:

So just to be clear, the drag being slower when fully max is and faster when de-upgraded intended? Have done a lot of testing in-game and don't seem to see much of a difference.

might be fixed now, but engine 5/5 on the drag used to be slower than engine 4/5. its not intended, as stated above its a rockstar issue.