Josh_Mercer

San Andreas Tourist Trophy

The Isle of Man TT is the ultimate 'must see it' event for motorsport fans across the globe. Every May and June the Isle of Man, the tiny country between England and Ireland, turns into motorcycle nirvana as the world's greatest road racers gather to test themselves against the incredible 'Mountain Course' - a 37.73 mile beast of a course carved out of the island's public roads. For over 100 years, the Mountain's siren call has drawn fans and riders to experience the unique atmosphere of the Isle of Man TT Festival.

A spectacular event to watch and an even greater feat to enter as one of the racers, the mountain course has claimed many lives over the years and also enabled eternal glory for the very few people to claim the top step of the podium during race week.

This event would be huge if it was able to make a footprint on San Andreas, the course would be a combination of roads through the Vinewood hills area leading back through a small part of the city to the start finish line. 

A glimpse at this year's comeback after Covid should leave you with hair's standing up on the back of your neck... Please watch and enjoy.

I'd really like to be able to get a time trial event with timing for each competitor, and I would happily work on the posters and the final name for the event in the city. Hopefully, with the help of some others, put together an announcement trailer with the hope to create a good build-up prior to the event.

Thanks!

• Like 2
  • YAY 1
  • Upvote 1

I like the idea of a vinewood hills time trial track as those roads can be quite technical to manoeuvre at speed. We could do some custom mapping to make a fixed route and everything. I'll make sure the rest of the event team sees this idea 🙂

FEel free to draw out on the map and suggest a route or something also!

2 minutes ago, Ash said:

I like the idea of a vinewood hills time trial track as those roads can be quite technical to manoeuvre at speed. We could do some custom mapping to make a fixed route and everything. I'll make sure the rest of the event team sees this idea 🙂

FEel free to draw out on the map and suggest a route or something also!

Perfect! I'll add a lot more to the build up and create some posters for the event! Definitely will be testing some different route's for the track!

SA-TT-Track-map-for-event.jpg

I've drawn up a track map, this is just an idea of the kind of track I was hoping to create, just wanted one that's very difficult and requires a lot of skill with the start finish line near the bank for a populated spectator area and pit lane... 

The event is a time trial so it should be a longer than usual race, possibly 3 laps, with 1 mandatory pit stop for fuel and a fresh set of tyres! Which I think would be great RP especially with a functioning pit crew for each rider.

Also Marshall's would be needed at a couple of points around the track as well as a travelling marshall on a bike to check the track is clear before a race is started!

Edited by Josh_Mercer
Spelling
  • Like 1