Femo

Shortcut for inventory / Item stack

So a few days ago I was with some other people crafting drugs as it's a daily routine for me. I came across some improvements that could be done and could save some time while not giving any advantages or disadvantages to anyone.

Overall it's an improvement to make the experience better and smoother.

the first improvement is having shortcuts for item drop and as well as moving item from inventory to cars inventory or from a bag to players inventory.

as of now if you are willing to drop items you have to individually click on each item then choose the drop option
what can be done is, for example, holding the Ctrl button and clicking on an item triggers the drop command for that item and makes it easier to drop so you can just hold Ctrl and click on each item to drop them faster.

the same thing goes for item moving, imagine having a bag and you open the bag up, so you see your own inventory and the bag. by for example holding
Shift+Ctrl (or any other key which could be decided later) and clicking on an item you could quickly move the item back and forth from player inventory to bag and the other way around. This makes it so that you do not have to click, drag and drop the item to the desired spot.

The other thing that I came across is item stacking, I do NOT mean stacking items in inventory, what I mean is the dropped item on the ground. take a look at this picture

volAvcl.jpg

imagine having dozens of for example Powdered Lime on the ground, they would be so messy if they are not stacked.
What instead could be implemented is a system where when you drop items they stack together, showing only one of that item but noting that there are multiple above the item.

here is a picture:

qELVVWY.jpg

• it will surely make everything look cleaner, and easier for the player to track as it's counting the amount.
  • as well as, I am not sure that if this is how it works in GTA as well but when you have lots of entities in the same spot it causes the game to suffer and eventually causes either server lag or player lag if they do not have a high-end computer. (correct me if I'm wrong)

• the downside by making the second change is that it would not be as realistic as the first picture because it will just be one item on the ground which is not really how it works in real life. if you have 100 items in real life there would be hundreds of them on the ground.

Feel free to improve this suggestion by responding down below if you have any other ideas as well as correcting me!

Edited by Femo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

+1 support for this

In addition to having the O Key be pressed to pickup items, I think if there's multiple different items stacked in one spot on the ground, the text for each one doesn't necessarily have to be separated for easier reading, but perhaps a CTRL + O option to open up your inventory as well as the same "secondary inventory" window we're all familiar with in cars and bags and such. The only different is in this case, the "secondary inventory" when using CTRL + O will show the items on the ground which can be dragged and dropped. Then on the menu you can see a list of items and the item amounts near your player. From this menu you can then choose which items to pick up. I think avoiding adding a "pickup all" button would be a good idea. This isn't really a looting server, so picking up individual items is still the best way to go about this, but cleaning up the ability to choose which items to grab would be beneficial.

• Upvote 1

+1 
However i dont think the shortcut to transfer items between bags/cars/inventory quickly will be added due to people already complaining that "you shouldnt be able to search/loot that quickly" with the drag and drop feature

BUT a shortcut that would transfer items over into the player's inventory that has a slight delay would be nice. It solves the problem of looting people too fast and removes the inventory bug where you drag something in your inventory and then cant move anything else until you relog.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1