hrxvey

200AP

If you notice in the video, the rulebreaker AFTER shooting the officer runs over and shoots a civilian standing on the sidewalk at least twice in the head as well without them going to an injured state. Perhaps server staff can clarify if this rule breaker's damage was reduced from being in a NCZ? I don't know if that is a thing or not in the script. 

Also, I can verify that there have been multiple occasions where body armor did nothing when I got shot in the head. I was sitting in a car in one situation and was shot in the head twice with a handgun from the side door window when I had full armor on and I instantly went down to an injured state and my armor was untouched. 

I don't think we should be using rulebreakers committing mass DM as a situational example for suggestions such as these...

On 9/25/2022 at 1:39 AM, XeV said:

Regardless of the nature of the said shooting. obvious clear rulebreak

What  are the LEO's made of inside of this server, I knew the armor situation was like a problem brought up, BUT this is actually insane the whole "just do not fight the police" meta is clearly true. 

I was under the impression armor did not negate headshot damage, but I guess it does which is just sad

Im all for PD and SD being better in terms of like access to better guns and armor, but this is ridiculous at a balance standard

This is just ridiculous really. Would be curious to know if this is 100AP? Cant even imagine how OP 150 or 200 would be if it is.  

• Like 1

The player shooting a cop in the head clip shouldn't be dismissed. It exposes how strong a low rank PD officer is despite the context around it.

I think the simple fix is. Decrease import price of armour by half and cap body armour for general officers at 25. When I was a PO2, I felt invincible with my 100AP. NEVER needed swat when fighting gangs, I had a huge amount of armour and a shotty.

+1 To everything Ranger said!!

-1 to what Bill Reacher said. This isn't WW2, PD arent gearing up to fight the Germans. Council don't exist, theres a backup rule. To fight any more than 20 crims against PD/SD's hundred is super rare.

Edited by MrDisciple
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, MrDisciple said:

The player shooting a cop in the head clip shouldn't be dismissed. It exposes how strong a low rank PD officer is despite the context around it.

I think the simple fix is. Decrease import price of armour by half and cap body armour for general officers at 25. When I was a PO2, I felt invincible with my 100AP. NEVER needed swat when fighting gangs, I had a huge amount of armour and a shotty.

+1 To everything Ranger said!!

-1 to what Bill Reacher said. This isn't WW2, PD arent gearing up to fight the Germans. Council don't exist, theres a backup rule. To fight any more than 20 crims against PD/SD's hundred is super rare.

Thanks for the insight, but respectfully I can safely say I have more experience with shootouts in PD than you, especially in SWAT where we have different weapons are armor levels.

As I already mentioned, there should be clarification from a script side if the people being shot in the head were influenced by being present in a NCZ. There may be something in place that lowers the damage due to this. 

This isn't an FPS game, its a RP server. If you would like to find an example of some criminals having even a small chance of beating a SWAT team IRL, please be my guest. To make an argument to say we should balance as if its an FPS isn't correct. PD is supposed to be stronger than crims.

• NAY 1
  • Confused 1
  • dead 2

With respect @Bill Breacher I'm not here to argue with you. I never said crims should beat SWAT. I never even mentioned changing SWAT armour. My SUGGESTION was, cap general patrol officers armour at 25AP. This means, more need for calling SWAT and Fear-RP for cops who IRL wouldn't rush a bank or fight a gang, outnumbered.

May I also add, PD and SD have 200 members. The biggest crim factions have 40. You beat the BIGGEST crim factions 5 to 1. Plus, you all have 100AP minimum. That's like 2 sets of health. So it's more like 400 VS 40. Ontop of that you got SWAT with 200AP, Carbines and Snipers VS crims pistols and no armour. It's very rare you will see more than 2 or 3 crims wear body armour in the biggest crim factions, very rare. You won't even see heavies on the smaller factions. For example, not a single Balla owns a heavy weapon. Not out of choice, out of price.

For you to say that this change will make crims beat PD is laughable honestly Bill. Currently it seems every cop is SWAT then SWAT are the National Guard and National Guard are The X-Men.

PD relies on crims for 100% of their RP. But right now, factions are disbanding and players are leaving. The balance is off, keep shutting down SUGGESTIONS and see where we end up in a year....

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Bill Breacher said:

Thanks for the insight, but respectfully I can safely say I have more experience with shootouts in PD than you, especially in SWAT where we have different weapons are armor levels.

As I already mentioned, there should be clarification from a script side if the people being shot in the head were influenced by being present in a NCZ. There may be something in place that lowers the damage due to this. 

This isn't an FPS game, its a RP server. If you would like to find an example of some criminals having even a small chance of beating a SWAT team IRL, please be my guest. To make an argument to say we should balance as if its an FPS isn't correct. PD is supposed to be stronger than crims.

videogame 

• POG 1
  • hand 1

6 hours ago, Bill Breacher said:

I have more experience with shootouts in PD than you

this is just a joke, you have experience from the swat side, i'd love for you to put 15 .50 bullets into a swat member and him not go down, then get 5 hours in prison afterwards and actually spend the 5 hours in doc, i can't actually believe you've just said that

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AnakinB said:

videogame 

Video game that simulates real life and is balanced as such. You are free to go play the new COD if you just want to shoot and have balance with the opposing side. 

16 hours ago, hrxvey said:

this is just a joke, you have experience from the swat side, i'd love for you to put 15 .50 bullets into a swat member and him not go down, then get 5 hours in prison afterwards and actually spend the 5 hours in doc, i can't actually believe you've just said that

It's not a joke at all. It doesn't take nearly 15 bullets to eliminate 200 AP and 100 HP. As I have mentioned previously, I have been headshot while wearing SWAT armor and have been taken down in 2 shots, both headshots. So sounds like a skill issue buddy. Secondly, if you make the decision to try to win a gunfight with a SWAT team, you are asking for the 5 hours in DOC. Make better choices. Not everything in this server has to be about gunfights. 

• NAY 3
  • dead 1

With respect @Bill Breacher I'm not here to argue with you.

Sounds like you are. 

My SUGGESTION was, cap general patrol officers armour at 25AP. This means, more need for calling SWAT and Fear-RP for cops who IRL wouldn't rush a bank or fight a gang, outnumbered.

If people are rushing banks or fighting outnumbered, thats a rule break problem, not a balance problem. Secondly, I agree with you that some LEOs have a problem with this and need to be calling on SWAT when appropriate more often. It would be better to wait and see what the new gun damage will be after the update before thinking about altering any armor values.

May I also add, PD and SD have 200 members. The biggest crim factions have 40. You beat the BIGGEST crim factions 5 to 1. Plus, you all have 100AP minimum. That's like 2 sets of health. So it's more like 400 VS 40. Ontop of that you got SWAT with 200AP, Carbines and Snipers VS crims pistols and no armour. It's very rare you will see more than 2 or 3 crims wear body armour in the biggest crim factions, very rare. You won't even see heavies on the smaller factions. For example, not a single Balla owns a heavy weapon. Not out of choice, out of price.

Irrelevant and you should know that. There are never more than a dozen PD on at one time at the busiest times, and if there are, its during the time of a supervisor meeting when all the supervisors are tied up and they have to be online. Even when there are quite a few PD online, they are normally split between multiple situations, especially when a bank robbery occurs, and you won't ever have more than 2-4 units at the bank when anything happens, and there will be 12+ crims in the bank with the zerg rush strat on BF400s. So its more like 12v6 against PD in most cases at these banks, and thats usually best case. 

For you to say that this change will make crims beat PD is laughable honestly Bill. Currently it seems every cop is SWAT then SWAT are the National Guard and National Guard are The X-Men.

I didn't say that. You are exaggerating the armor way too heavily. You are also not thinking about all scenarios. You are tunneling on situations where cops outnumber crims, but there are PLENTY of situations where I have seen the inverse, especially when a LEO rolls up to a situation and doesn't have backup and won't have it for several minutes, and by that time can already be dead. What is laughable is that you were in PD and don't understand any of this or see the issue from both sides. 

PD relies on crims for 100% of their RP. But right now, factions are disbanding and players are leaving. The balance is off, keep shutting down SUGGESTIONS and see where we end up in a year....

I 100% agree with you. Legal factions need illegal and vice versa for proper RP. If you honestly think that the armor values PD has are the reason people are leaving, you are delusional my guy. The finger is being pointed at LEOs for the issues on the crim side and its doing no one any good. Go read this discussion and some of the suggestions on there where the real problems with crim RP is being talked about, all of which I agree with and I believe just as much as everyone else that changes are needed for crims RP and server development focus put on adding more opportunities for illegal factions.

Edited by Bill Breacher