Antonio_Colombo

Minigame purge

Since last update for GTA minigame that worked almost flawlessly in before, now is ruined due to the lag. One can say to just adjust time of space press to the lag, but that is just a lazy workaround.

What i suggest is to reverse all the minigames with plain wait time as it was in past, or maybe even make it longer than it was to adjust for difficulty.  Once Rockstar decides to patch things up ( if ever ) then this system can be reversed. Because of these issues, player actions are rather limited, which sucks ass IMO.

*** UPDATE ***

After giving it a little bit of thinking, my intention is not to purge the minigame as such, but just shape this activity to be not dependent on muscle memory and / or internet connection or anything around that, instead minigame could be changed to

some sort of intellectual game, where you need to solve small riddle, or mathematical equation to get answer, or anything in general that promotes using brain rather than just pressing a button at right time.

Edited by Antonio_Colombo
update

Still wonder, why this has not been reverted as of now. This does not help RP immersion in any way, instead people are just wasting a couple of brain cells each time some of their items are lost because of this lag, causing utter anger and impossibility to play normally as it was before. 

It should not be that hard to just revert to old system, where you had to wait some time for action to be completed, instead of spamming space on your keyboard and trying to keep in mind where the ring should be at what time, its just doesn't make any sense!

When the game is fixed, place this sistem back and players will be happy for that, maybe even pay more in "donations" 😉

1 minute ago, Bill Breacher said:

I think the minigame system is fine(most of the time). Maybe you have internet or latency issues? 

Minigames likes these shouldn't be based on connection latency, that's straight up a bad design decision. I have less than 30 ms ping and I am not aware of any high jitter, yet the minigame fails for me from time to time. 

https://streamable.com/r0djy8

• Like 1
  • YAY 1

I will try to get some of my perspective, but its not even close as good as in Mr. Thang's perspective. It ruins all aspects for me where this minigame is implemented, simply because its impossible to complete with such lags. Previously, before Rockstar update that fucked up many things, it worked like charm, and only in rarest of occasions it lagged for a few ms ( when the line is in green zone, but doesnt register my keypress in right time )

Maybe it is possible to implement something that is not reaction-based, but instead logicall minigame like orient parts of picture in rotation so it makes one big picture or something like that?

There ya go, my side of view.

Previously i had enormous lag of the circle progress bar, but that might have been on my end, after tweaking game for a lot of time, I was able to get almost perfect result, but as you can see in provided footage, it still fails to detect the press of space key at right time. Will update with more videos eventually.

After extensive tests after last announced latency bug fix, I can confirm from my side that it works perfectly now. Only couple of times I failed was indeed because pressing too late, or too fast outside green zone. If Noone else has any complaints regarding this issue, please archive this tread. 

Thank you for listening and fixing problem, respect!

Edited by Antonio_Colombo