XeV

Fix Voip (No "coughdrops")

21 minutes ago, IAmTurtle said:

People struggle to realize how hard it is to fix voip. The voip on rage is just ass. The devs can on so so much with out building there own thing. Plus most of us rather have better content in game than a voip fix. 

i have played on multiple diff rage server of many different variety's and ECRP is the only one with this VOIP issue. I've never had to reset voice chat on any other server

21 hours ago, IAmTurtle said:

People struggle to realize how hard it is to fix voip. The voip on rage is just ass. The devs can on so so much with out building there own thing. Plus most of us rather have better content in game than a voip fix. 

this message is embarrassing and pathetic.

Im sorry but as someone who messed with game files and helped another server implement a lot of new plugins and codes, VOIP IS SO EASY! If they can’t fix it, it honestly worries me that they’d ever be able to handle this server having any mild technical difficulties and being able to fix and deal with it efficiently and quickly.

• YAY 1
  • Confused 1

Having to /vr 1 or "cough" is something I've never come across in any other server except Eclipse RP. Every RP server has their own bugs and issues, so its not a big deal.

On 8/4/2022 at 10:45 PM, IAmTurtle said:

I don't think you understand on how not /vr 1'ing can ruin a whole role-play situation. Most times on radio I don't know whether I'm being ignored during a pursuit or me needing to cough, or me trying to give comms during a shootout/chase and wondering why I'm not being responded to. 

To make the situation better, devs should let us keybind commands like this to our keyboards ( for example, /setcommand "vr 1" E  <-- now you can just press E to reset voip ) which could make the situation better. 

Or you can just add a automatic /vr 1 every X times you push to talk or every x amount of time ( for examples after 10 times of pushing to talk, an automatic script does /vr 1 for you, or every 5 minutes it /vr 1s <-- can be set by player with / commands )

Or if possible, give you an indicator that you cannot be heard rather than having to wait for someone to tell you " you can't be heard, please cough".

These are just ideas to make the /vr 1 situation easier to deal with because its current state is very shit...

• Upvote 1

On 10/10/2022 at 9:15 PM, zaygmto said:

Having to /vr 1 or "cough" is something I've never come across in any other server except Eclipse RP. Every RP server has their own bugs and issues, so its not a big deal.

I don't think you understand on how not /vr 1'ing can ruin a whole role-play situation. Most times on radio I don't know whether I'm being ignored during a pursuit or me needing to cough, or me trying to give comms during a shootout/chase and wondering why I'm not being responded to. 

To make the situation better, devs should let us keybind commands like this to our keyboards ( for example, /setcommand "vr 1" E  <-- now you can just press E to reset voip ) which could make the situation better. 

Or you can just add a automatic /vr 1 every X times you push to talk or every x amount of time ( for examples after 10 times of pushing to talk, an automatic script does /vr 1 for you, or every 5 minutes it /vr 1s <-- can be set by player with / commands )

Or if possible, give you an indicator that you cannot be heard rather than having to wait for someone to tell you " you can't be heard, please cough".

These are just ideas to make the /vr 1 situation easier to deal with because its current state is very shit...

Don't count on this being fixed, instead just use auto hotkey or other software like that, it works pretty well for especially "fixing" server sided issues, same goes for /resync which you need to do every time you enter vehicle with hat and it dissapeares for you, list of such "hot fixes" just go on and on...