CycloneDavid

Criminal vs Honest Working Players

I've read multiple posts over the last week regarding the issues with people being frustrated with robberies. I'm trying to keep my character clean and do his regular job, but even tonight I've played for about 3 hours and honestly been robbed 4 times just doing my delivery routes (including taking back roads and driving completely off road just to avoid it). Being robbed is just boring now because its expected. When I first got here it was exciting, but now its the same old crap. It's so bad infact that I don't even bother buying anything for my inventory anymore or take cash out because I'm sick of simply being held up for it in my sluggy truck.

As I said at the start; I'm trying to keep my character clean because that seems to be the unique thing to do, but with the way everything is going the entire server will be criminals soon because if you cant beat them, join them, but where's the realistic side of things in all of that? Cops versus criminals with paramedics in-between.

Its all good to say its crap and boring, but what can we do about it? Perhaps take a look at gameplay options. For example; if a gang has itself invested in a certain business (whether it be known to the public or not) all its members are told to steer clear of the workers (ie; gang and/or member of said gang that holds rank owns a petrol station. The members are instructed to leave all tanker truck drivers alone, and even protect them if they see them being held up because without the honest hard working tanker driver, they're fuel business is going no where). You obviously don't own the tanker business the truck driver is working for, but you need that business to deliver your fuel, so their services becomes vital. 

Gangs associated with importing illegal weapons etc, leave the postal service and truck drivers pulling cargo trailers alone and protect them if you see anything. (You need the postal and freight system)

A gang has control or influence over one of the financiers/banks? Well there's your answer to leave the money transporters alone and protect it.

I can go on but you get the picture, or at least the concept of what I'm trying to propose. If your gang or one of its well respected members is invested in a business, then you and your gang are going to protect it at ALL costs. Heck, this could even create better roleplaying situations and reasoning for gangs to hold grudges/issues with another gang who has targeted one its services.

Perhaps even look at the pay these slower vehicle jobs are paying because again; whats the incentive to players who are no longer new to continue doing it when its so easy to be held up and lose everything? The easiest thing for a player to do these days is join a gang, get some backup, and go make/sell drugs for quick cash, and that's exactly what happens to new players after they come to the realisation that working in a sluggy truck that will NEVER get away from criminals is doing them no justice. But there IS players here (I for one) who as I said above; DONT want to revert to what's easy. Everybody seems to want to be in a criminal gang with all your badass character personalities, and its just getting predictable and boring.

That's my two dollars of hot chips. I'd appreciate hearing what anybody thinks.

Cheers.

Edited by CycloneDavid

That's good feedback, and thank you for that. We are all here to learn from each other, so a better understanding from the other side of the RP scenario helps. I agree too from further posts I've read on these forums regarding more criminal activities that its no doubt just a boredom thing. People are driving around bored, see a truck drive past and think "what the heck!" and go for it just to have something to do, not realising the poor guys already been stopped multiple times, but I get it. And worst of all; whether the guy has inventory or not, 9 times out of 10 the criminals will take the truck (that's not owned to the player) just to leave them stranded. Tell me what the purpose of that is? That is literally bringing inconvenience to the player, not the character. Its the player that now has to run for a long/short period of time just to get to a vehicle location. And all the criminal is going to do is ditch the truck because he/she obviously has no desire for it.

Criminals obviously need more to do, but I still stand by my comments that people need more incentives to have clean civilian characters on this server, and by clean I don't just mean being a Police Officer, Medic, Cab Driver or Mechanic (in which some don't even have to be clean once their signed).

Thanks again @lenx

22 minutes ago, gohena said:

Get a gun lol

It's not that I don't want to be held up and RP the situation, its a case of having other things to do other than hold up the old truck drivers; and giving more players more incentive to want to be clean civilians to balance the civilian/criminal ratio.

Besides... If two of three guys jump out of a car waving guns would having a gun in my possession be of any use? (Honest question) Cause that's how it usually happens. A car will pull up in front to stop you, and all occupants jump out armed and pointing demanding you get out. Having a gun on my end of things would be useless based on the rules I've read because my interpretation for being in that scenario states that I'm out numbered and should follow the orders, meaning I'd lose said gun and any other possessions.

Edited by CycloneDavid

All Government jobs require the members to stay clean, they all have limitations on breaking the law. I am the owner of Los Santos Customs if one of my members breaks the law for example robbing someone, and it is caught on camera and reported to us they are fired. MD, PD, DCC, Weazel are all the exact same way, if they are caught they are fired depending on the charge. At LSC if someone is charged with brandishing a firearm which seems to be a normal thing now cause we use them to defend LSC and the cops arrest us pretty much no matter what that is looked over simply cause I know they are defending people and property at LSC. Even if the gangs banded together and said don't rob postal trucks there are many solo criminals that have small groups that have no reason to not rob you it would be a never ending thing they are criminals so they are going to rob you. I do agree however if there were more things for criminals to do that would draw their attention away from robing people that just simply are not provoking the rob it would be good and the development/staff team is working on things on a daily basis to improve such RP.

12 hours ago, ABroHam said:

All Government jobs require the members to stay clean, they all have limitations on breaking the law. I am the owner of Los Santos Customs if one of my members breaks the law for example robbing someone, and it is caught on camera and reported to us they are fired. MD, PD, DCC, Weazel are all the exact same way, if they are caught they are fired depending on the charge. At LSC if someone is charged with brandishing a firearm which seems to be a normal thing now cause we use them to defend LSC and the cops arrest us pretty much no matter what that is looked over simply cause I know they are defending people and property at LSC. Even if the gangs banded together and said don't rob postal trucks there are many solo criminals that have small groups that have no reason to not rob you it would be a never ending thing they are criminals so they are going to rob you. I do agree however if there were more things for criminals to do that would draw their attention away from robing people that just simply are not provoking the rob it would be good and the development/staff team is working on things on a daily basis to improve such RP.

Again, great feedback. Thanks @ABroHam