Berge

The possibility of winning a war

As of lately there has been a huge war in the city. The war is taking part in game and on the forums. Problem is: how is it gonna stop?

There is no rules that states when a war has been won or lost. If a group of 10 players fight 200, they would simply have to wait 30 minutes and then be back at it again, even tho it's totaly unrealistic that they would have a chance. But today the same 10 people can simply regroup, make a forum report and drain the will of the 200 over time. There is a lot of problems to this, because a well organized attack that takes down all rival players would be a total waste after 30 minutes.

I think there should be a set of rules that decides when a war has been lost/won, it could be if alliance "A" kills 50% of "B"'s players within 30 min, they would be able to demand victory, the demand can be denied up to 3 times, but the final time - it's accepted. The demands/spoils of war will be discussed with the leader of the winning faction and an impartial admin.

I think this would improve RP, because now numbers actually matter and 10 people that just want to have big shootouts all the time, can't force a much larger gang to stay at war with them forever.

Glad someone brought this up.

If the whole server isnt able to deal with one gang for more than one time, fight constantly (which is pretty pathetic in my opinion) they shouldnt even fight or be in the war in the first place. Group of "10" have their ideas, movements, etc to fight back, even if they get killed, they have been planning on to whats next, future moves, attacks for war situations. Wars should end once one side decides to end the war by not participating in it anymore OR both sides agreeing on peace for the time being. 

Massive -1

shoutout to big alliance which is having fun fighting one group, well rp'ed.

Best regards.

Edited by Tjml_

I agree, also there is an issue with the fact that the more powerful group is always at a disadvantage. When a bigger group goes on the offense they have to trigger the initiation this already puts the attackers to a disadvantage because if they have a plan then they need to go into an ambush for example and send someone to their death or worse just to get that initiation to be able to shoot. In my opinion this is rather unrealistic and during gang wars there should be a KOS at all times where if you see an enemy you should be able to spray them down because they are at war with you. 

In real life when gangs, organisations go to war they know who to hit and sure sometimes they mess up but i think some kind of new WAR system with KOS and like OP mentioned  should be implemented where lets say for 1-2 hours you could declare battle and all opposition members would be marked with a certain colour on their name tags to let everyone know you can KOS them. While this is a little bit meta gaming but i think if given 1-2 hours of battle it would make sense and each group would be under the same rules. Because currently it is impossible to set up anything interesting for example if you want to do a surprise ambush you cannot just start firing, you need to initiate action which in my opinion ruins a lot of scenarios and possibilities of showing total power and dominance over opposition 

While there is certainly going to be some salt going around from the current situation of a certain group in the server i would suggest for everyone to keep their IC drama out of this post and have a reasonable discussion on how a war system could be implemented allowing for everyone to have more fun on the server and up the RP level in the server 

Edited by shiroq
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tjml_ said:

Wars should end once one side decides to end the war by not participating in it anymore OR both sides agreeing on peace for the time being.

If one side continues to provoke fights, doing stuff as they would while they are at war. Should the side that wants out of the war just take the bullets? No.

33 minutes ago, shiroq said:

While there is certainly going to be some salt going around from the current situation of a certain group in the server i would suggest for everyone to keep their IC drama out of this post and have a reasonable discussion on how a war system could be implemented allowing for everyone to have more fun on the server and up the RP level in the server 

+1, this is a post to improve criminal RP, the recent war have just made me realize that we need a new and better system

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.