XeV

Some Sort Of Time Served Mechanic

In it's current state when you get caught for a crime, like felony evading and illegal firearm. You now have this TIME just sitting there ready to go down ONLY when some /prison 's you. Now that time will not change in the time it takes them to arrest you, search you, search your vehicle, read your rights, read you your charges, and now transport you to DOC, walk you in, Pat you down again, take your phone, get you a jumpsuit, and have you change, THEN /prison you 

I know I am not the only one who has been caught with friends and had to sit on scene for well over liked 30 minutes while PD or SD take their sweet time doing something. And also the way it works builds this mindset of get me to DOC as fast as possible so I get this time served which the easiest way is to just plead guilty and do not talk with officers and just GO.

Now I wanna RP with cops when I get caught and shit and maybe do a little foot pursuit I KNOW I will not escape from, but it would be funny and fun, but what deters me from it is that my time WILL NEVER CHANGE and it will always be the say 2 hours until I am /prison 'd, 

I want to suggest the ability for cops to freely change the time, just type in instead of 30minutes they say "hmm well he was fun to interact with lets do 20" still the same charge just a little less time. Like I said earlier the fastest way to just get your time served is to shut up and plead guilty. There is no reason to RP with the police further unless you want to delay your time getting served. Essentially a small Incentive to RP with cops even when caught. Cause like I said all your doing in its current form is delaying your time being served as it sits at this perma number till /prison'd

• Like 4

I can see the idea behind this, as it's a real thing. When someone is demanded in custody until their final sentencing or their incarceration at a correctional facility, that specific time spent is usually, at least in my country, deducted from the total sentence length.

I don't know how something like this could work on the server, but some sort of calculation from when an individual is arrested with /cuff until their sentence has begun with /prison. Maybe deduct the time spent between the two commands, or half of that time. Either way, it seems very plausible, and could perhaps lessen the feel of prison sentences being more OOCly restrictive than IC.

I don't think this should qualify for /jail, though, seeing how small these sentences are in comparison to prison sentences already.

Big +1

Least amount of time that gets *wasted* in such scenarios is around 30mins, only goes upwards depending on how many suspects there are and how deep the scene is and having it excluded from your sentence time just makes it that you spend an extra hour on top of your charges.

I think it would be a good idea under specific circumstances. If someone is RPing as resisting arrest the time taken to RP this shouldnt count towards time served however if its natural RP such as processing someone, questioning them or gathering evidence then it would be great. There are times as a cop where I am trying to speed up a scene to get someone to jail because im mindful they are just sat in the back of the cruiser and have a jail time to serve. If this was in place it would allow me to take more time with my RP scenes without pissing off the person im arresting who wants to get their time started quickly.

Also it may make longer sentences more "enjoyable" as part of the sentence will be served doing RP with the officer and gives an incentive to make the processing RP longer than speedrunning a pat down and chuck them into a cell.

+1 

Always an issue when a big scene happens and you have 6 criminals sitting in cruisers, by the time the scene is finished and you're actually in jail you've already been cuffed for an hour. Very rarely will that be removed from your sentencing time.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Pegasus_ said:

I can see the idea behind this, as it's a real thing. When someone is demanded in custody until their final sentencing or their incarceration at a correctional facility, that specific time spent is usually, at least in my country, deducted from the total sentence length.

I don't know how something like this could work on the server, but some sort of calculation from when an individual is arrested with /cuff until their sentence has begun with /prison. Maybe deduct the time spent between the two commands, or half of that time. Either way, it seems very plausible, and could perhaps lessen the feel of prison sentences being more OOCly restrictive than IC.

I don't think this should qualify for /jail, though, seeing how small these sentences are in comparison to prison sentences already.

not sure how easy it would be to create a script for this, but if there was something on the MDC that an officer could do (like a check box) it would make it so the time from that moment will be taken off of the persons prison time. This way when charges are placed its easy for the cops to do and pretty hard to forget to do it. (again im not sure if this would be possible/be able to be done but would be a pretty good way to do it)

40 minutes ago, ize said:

+1 

Always an issue when a big scene happens and you have 6 criminals sitting in cruisers, by the time the scene is finished and you're actually in jail you've already been cuffed for an hour. Very rarely will that be removed from your sentencing time.

Yeah! I agree, but when was the last time you experienced this man?

• yooo 1
  • POG 1
  • dead 1

I am torn on this one, it really depends on how dynamic the RP is from both sides. If the LEO is RP'ing with you and trying to keep you involved in the RP, I wouldn't say the time is wasted. However, if the LEO is just running around the scene waiting to be cleared from a supervisor on a clear-cut charge, then yeah I could see this being an issue.

I will say, something that I desperately want to see added is a OOC modifier for members of SD/PD that lessens a fine/sentence for demonstrating goodRP. I've stated this before, I have had truly wonderful interactions with some crims that were fun and left me and the rest of the people on scene satisified and happy, However, at the end of the scene, the suspect still has to deal with a three hour sentence even though it was fun for both sides. Now, in-character it makes no sense to drop a charge from someone for a crime they committed. However, by adding an OOC modifier, this allows us to reward and incentivize goodRP in interactions with LEOs.

With this goodRP, I am not talking about responding quickly in /me and /do, I'm talking above and beyond the call of duty for RP.

9 hours ago, Icarus said:

I am torn on this one, it really depends on how dynamic the RP is from both sides. If the LEO is RP'ing with you and trying to keep you involved in the RP, I wouldn't say the time is wasted. However, if the LEO is just running around the scene waiting to be cleared from a supervisor on a clear-cut charge, then yeah I could see this being an issue.

I will say, something that I desperately want to see added is a OOC modifier for members of SD/PD that lessens a fine/sentence for demonstrating goodRP. I've stated this before, I have had truly wonderful interactions with some crims that were fun and left me and the rest of the people on scene satisified and happy, However, at the end of the scene, the suspect still has to deal with a three hour sentence even though it was fun for both sides. Now, in-character it makes no sense to drop a charge from someone for a crime they committed. However, by adding an OOC modifier, this allows us to reward and incentivize goodRP in interactions with LEOs.

With this goodRP, I am not talking about responding quickly in /me and /do, I'm talking above and beyond the call of duty for RP.

The goodrp thing existed some time ago but was abused by players and thus was removed. There is no way to moderate or control this currently and as such it isn't practical to use, also the feeling of good rp vs rp vs bad rp is heavily construed by the standards of one player vs that of an other. 
What you and I may consider good rp could be extremely different.

14 hours ago, Icarus said:

I am just saying like I want to RP with cops more then just the standard rush RP to get me in DOC faster so I can get this time started. An OOC modifier to literally just be like I still get the illegal gun charge on my record but instead of 60minutes you deleted the 60 and gave me 30 cause I was being nice and compliant and not a dick. It incentives goodrp cause I am sure no one is happy when they get caught I have seen personally so many heated interactions cause of this exact thing, Crim gets caught has 4 hours to serve in jail, throws a fit, cop takes his sweet time getting him to DOC or clearing the scene because said criminal is being a dick, I just want more positive interactions instead of for every 1 good interaction there is 10000's.