DoubleA

Flip a Coin!

Honestly this is just a small suggestion that could add a command similar to /dice -- but add in /coinflip - obviously the two results would be heads/tails.

Example for it is I have a lot of times people will say "dice me for it" or "/b 1-3 yes 4-6 no" - I think that a simple heads or tails would bring a bit more fun, also for those who are big into betting money IC it would be a 50/50 chance that could bring some fun!

-1.  Both Dice and Coinflip are not realistic the way they are used. Let me explain. 

If you're cuffed, you're not supposed to throw any coins or roll any dices rply.  Why don't you change the command with /TRY <text> <auto50/50result>

Example:  t /try to kick the other person {enter}
Result : Sebastian Papadakis tries to kick the other person(50/50) and succeeds / and fails.

12 hours ago, Papadakis said:

-1.  Both Dice and Coinflip are not realistic the way they are used. Let me explain. 

If you're cuffed, you're not supposed to throw any coins or roll any dices rply.  Why don't you change the command with /TRY <text> <auto50/50result>

Example:  t /try to kick the other person {enter}
Result : Sebastian Papadakis tries to kick the other person(50/50) and succeeds / and fails.

The goal of it isnt to use it in RP like that, and most of the time those times you try to dice higher isnt RP its more of just a game of chance. I just think it would add more variety, the way it would be used is more in a fun way. Ill toss you an example

Papadakis and a girl he picked up from the bank are going to Paleto and Papadakis says heads or tails? She says heads. "/coinflip" *The coin would land on heads* Ah well now I pay for the toll. Some small things like that instead of "1-6" its "1-2"

• YAY 1

@PapadakisI'd assume unlocking a vehicle while handcuffed for an officer after rp is also unrealistic? But people need to be cooperative OOCly to make rp fun. The /Dice command has been used over the years to fairly decide the outcome of the performed rp, and it's completely optional; players ask each other if they want to dice. 

The coinflip would be another great chance calculator method, or it can be used for IC decisions better than a dice and @DoubleAhas already provided an example but here's two:

• Heads, I'll finish him off. Tails, he lives. 
  • Heads, I'm going to use the Komoda today. Tails, I'm using the Raiden.
  • etc.

On the other hand, the dice can be used for multi-option decisions.

What I find annoying when it's used in deciding rp is that people rely on it to see if they'd fail or not, without creating a reason of why they would have failed or not, and rather end the rp there. For example, kicking: Vixxey swings her right-leg backwards, then swings it forward at the man's groin. She lost the dice/coinflip and failed. So she adds a reason to why she might've failed, like slipping, etc.

Anyway, +1 from me. It's another good alternative. 

10 hours ago, DoubleA said:

The goal of it isnt to use it in RP like that, and most of the time those times you try to dice higher isnt RP its more of just a game of chance. I just think it would add more variety, the way it would be used is more in a fun way. Ill toss you an example

Papadakis and a girl he picked up from the bank are going to Paleto and Papadakis says heads or tails? She says heads. "/coinflip" *The coin would land on heads* Ah well now I pay for the toll. Some small things like that instead of "1-6" its "1-2"

Makes sense, +1