number2gk

Plastic Surgery = Alias wipe!

To add to a more realistic game... It would be idea to  wipe out alias people gave you when you do plastic surgery so when you do, they would not know you and can RP! This will fix metagame and fail RP! But the person would have to change name just in case somone ask them for license, if that happenes and its the same name, then they will know whats up! I hope yall see how much of a great idea this is! love eclipse! RP forever! please tel me what you think and tell if its good!

• Upvote 2

+1 if it would only wipe it after major changes done in the menu (such as pushing multiple sliders far away from where they were at because the person would be unrecognisable). If it's a minor, change, no. The voice might be similar and such but the looks works out a lot more on the changes over a voice.

Edited by Asterisk

+1 in total, and big +1 to the comment above.

Asterisk pretty much summed up what I was thinking with this. The only issue is that players who would use this feature to make a "new" character (which I've seen happen plenty of times, and some people have used their extra slot or don't want to buy more) would still hold all their assets from their "past" life, which would be odd for the RP of a new character.

The role of plastic surgery is not to "make a new character". Like IRL, you make a plastic surgery just to change your look. The option in game to change the name  is good in case you RP marring someone.

If you really want to RP a totally different person, then make a New Character.

Edited by Prozacel

@Prozacel

I can see where you're coming from, but i think it would give some amazing RP scenarios, maybe a Cop goes undercover in a gang, or a criminal needs to break his friend out from prison so he kidnaps a cop and RPly takes his uniform. 

it would lead to some awesome RP in my opinion

But to balance it out they would have to increase the cost of plastic surgery a bit

Edited by Ollie Williams
added the last line

Do you guys think that it'll be a good addition to add the possibility of applying for your name to be wiped from everyone's (Alias) given sufficient reasoning and cause?

I think it'll be a good addition for players that are on the run from a specific group of people or possibly even officers/detectives who are going on an undercover/covert infiltration of a gang perhaps?

Of course an application needs to be submitted and approved by possibly the director of game affairs, leading to a facial reconstruction via surgeries and what not.

Why do you need an application? To assure that you won't just re-revert back to your original face and call it a day(abuse).

Good example of how people look totally different after plastic surgeries(for those saying, no you can still be recognised)
Kylie Jenner Before And After: Pictures Of Her Drastic Transformation  Revealed - Capital

Let me know your thoughts below.

Edited by Saif

+1, although this could be abused by people making simple changes like shorter ears. I'd propose having to apply for an alias wipe, where you send before and after photos to staff, and they judge whether or not they believe the cosmetic changes to be significant enough for you to be unrecognisable as the same person.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.