Iriael

Chopshop Suggestions:

These suggestions are here to increase accessibility into the awesome new Chopshop system.  I love the ideas behind it, but unless you are in an official faction, access is limited at the very best.

Make Car Jacks Portable

• Car Jack - This furniture item functions similar to the Car Lift but is a more budget version. It'll allow players access to one side of the vehicle at a time, making the process slower, but cheaper. 

I would love to see this be made portable, to be used without the tool chest.   This gives a way for players who aren't in an official faction to have some ability to do things on their own to cars, by being able to only take doors and tires.  This way, you can quickly run off with a tire, for a quicker buck, rather than trying to steal the whole car.  Mechanics (LSC, Bayview) could replace the tire in repairs, or have general stores sell "Spare Tires" to make it drive-able again.

Three strikes for Hotwiring & Lockpicking

Simple enough, with ping, desync and lag, people can make mistakes they can't avoid for one round.  This would make the system a touch more forgiving, while still being the newer skill intensive system.  I would also suggest expanding the whole wheel's size slightly by 10%, for visibility and less eyestrain.

Thank you Kris for the clarification that anyone can use the toolbox, its just official factions that can import them.

I would like to clarify your point regarding the accessibility of the new system to players that might not be part of official factions. Any player can place and dismantle the tool chest, but it can only be acquired by an official faction. But once you got your hands on one, you may use it - which in return negates the need for any static chop shop to promote interaction between players. All a player would have to do is obtain a tool chest to then run their own chop shop (with the right tools, of course).

Have a Permanent Chop-shop on the Map

I would have the suggestion to have a "Rusted Tool Chest" in a static location, such as in the Industrial area garages by Voodoo Place, and/or one of the abandoned sheds in Grapeseed.  The rusted chest would have a slower timer to encourage players to use the player run ones, but would still allow newer players, or gang members of unofficial gangs to still use the system at a cost of time.

This would provide a place for active criminal RP, such as the drug labs that could encourage fights over car parts, or cooperation if there's lots of cars to chop from a gang fight. 

Edited by Iriael
  • Upvote 5

Have a Permanent Chop-shop on the Map

I would like to clarify your point regarding the accessibility of the new system to players that might not be part of official factions. Any player can place and dismantle the tool chest, but it can only be acquired by an official faction. But once you got your hands on one, you may use it - which in return negates the need for any static chop shop to promote interaction between players. All a player would have to do is obtain a tool chest to then run their own chop shop (with the right tools, of course).

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Kris said:

I would like to clarify your point regarding the accessibility of the new system to players that might not be part of official factions. Any player can place and dismantle the tool chest, but it can only be acquired by an official faction. But once you got your hands on one, you may use it - which in return negates the need for any static chop shop to uinteraction between players. All a player would have to do is obtain a tool chest to then run their own chop shop (with the right tools, of course).

So seeing this. Can I make a chop chop where ever I want then? And what if all official gangs decides to not sell those things and once again limit the server for Criminals gains. I see it makes sense but I can almost put $100 on the line it costs WAY too much to order in one of these making them not worth for gangs even to order in since they can do guns instead and sell for way more profits. But if so I can place it anywhere on the map that is cool and all but I feel as this update is good and looks amazing it limits criminals once again to make money because it being "you have to order in" and knowing that official gangs can just choose not to order in or say fuck it lets not sell and take all the cars coming in and not give them shit as an example..

Having a switching chop chop like Iriael is saying here will benefit both the players not knowing all gangs. And those who are a bit more on the solo side. I talked to some about this and having OOC corruption allowance from a faction and adding this removes a big part of being "sneaky" about it and such more. I know NBDY and them did a a great update wanting more "Roleplay scenes". Yes this update definitely will add these things but is still limited behind a big wall from gangs. I logged on my criminal for couple of hours checked around and found no way to chop cars or anything like that since it is a limit. My criminal as of now have legit $2,000 in bank maybe used to have apartment back in 2020 and such but quit it. I wanted to test the update and try to grow him again. But not knowing the locations for drug sell points any longer since new system and turfs. It feels empty for a criminal that is solo. I checked every old chop-chop and that was my go-to way to make money to get back on the feet on Richard(My crim). But now it is limited and near impossible to do anything like this. 

Talking about the MDC and a lot of PD/SD officers using /mdc way too much. So even if I were to drive LEGALLY 80/120/145 a lot of PD/SD use their MDC for no reason seeing a car drive past them. or even in front of them not even suspecting them of a crime. Have seen and been with PD officers that do this, having the "stolen NPC car" flag back as a "Stolen Car" is really unfair towards criminals now since MDC really is too OP against it with you being able to check with 1 button click "stolen car". Even if you drive 100% the cops will do it anyway. Not sure how to counter this thing but maybe adding a % it gets reported as stolen or something? Just feel like 1 button click "STOLEN" is way too OP for PD now. 

So question is how much does it cost to order in one, how long does it take and as well as the server is struggling a bit with official "real" gangs that do these things. I remember LFM, Aztecas, FSO and many more ordered all the time but as of now I feel ordering is not worth the price, % of cops getting notified and power it costs to order. 

Somethings might not make sense but I hope it does wrote this while in a stress kind of.

Edited by Trevor Zelias

1 hour ago, Trevor Zelias said:

alking about the MDC and a lot of PD/SD officers using /mdc way too much. So even if I were to drive LEGALLY 80/120/145 a lot of PD/SD use their MDC for no reason seeing a car drive past them. or even in front of them not even suspecting them of a crime. Have seen and been with PD officers that do this, having the "stolen NPC car" flag back as a "Stolen Car" is really unfair towards criminals now since MDC really is too OP against it with you being able to check with 1 button click "stolen car". Even if you drive 100% the cops will do it anyway. Not sure how to counter this thing but maybe adding a % it gets reported as stolen or something? Just feel like 1 button click "STOLEN" is way too OP for PD now.

I'm assuming the idea here is to promote being cautious and smart. It isn't just about driving safe and normally, but also about driving through areas with low police presence, let's say you have a chop shop at the airport. If you grab a car from vinewood you should be looking for routes to get there that have the least amount of police presence. Perhaps have a friend in a getaway car in case you get caught as an escape route, etc...

I was honestly surprised to find out that the car jack and the tools themselves (wrench, lug wrench, consaw) have to be used within the area of a tool chest. This kind of renders the whole theme of budget tools useless considering the insanely expensive price of a tool chest. Not considering that you also have to get them through official factions and also these orders can get compromised.

In my opinion, requiring a tool chest for everything has basically removed the ability to chop a vehicle for newer criminals or criminals on a budget. For this reason, I don't think the car jack and the tools (lug wrench, wrench, consaw) should require a tool chest within the area to be able to use them.

+1

Edited by Spizor