NexonBG

Official Faction Vehicles

Back when SA:MP was active we all could remember some server that we were playing on, most of them all had gangs that would have their own set of cars which you would have access to if you were in the crew. I never knew why that wasnt implemented in here.

We all know there are tiers for illegal factions, what if there is another tier added to give a faction personalized vehicles. It could bring much RP potential and Chops would be much more active. 

-Most people will be concerned about abuse of it here are some answers to some concerns i thought abuout:
-"What if people abuse it and chop their own faction vehicle?"

- Losing double/triple influence if you chop it, or its just not scriptly allowed, as its now.

-"What if other faction wants to chop at the original factions chop."

- If a factions vehicle is getting chopped by another faction / not them, they lose double/triple influence since the Mechanic loses respect towards them.

-"People would just stop buying their own vehicles."

-These vehicles would be much more slower / worse ( Maybe not allowed to tunes, just stay stock ). 

There are multiple vehicles that even now represent a gang, we all know how much ISSI's does LSD have, they are knowns about it, Goblins had their Brawlers if im not mistaken, Russians had their G Wagon. 

And there is a lot of faction members that own vehicles that it doesnt make sense for that faction to have, why not help it and give them some suitable vehicles just for lore pourpose. On the plus side chops would become much more active and people would keep it safe even more.

• Like 1

+1 Illegal official factions should have access to "gang vehicles" and custom outfits just like Leo and Sed. If a group takes the time to go official it would be safe to assume that gang has enough resources  to provide cars and outfits for the gang. just like Leo and sed.

Maybe this is a good place to suggest official gangs have weapons locked to their body's and be able to spawn weapons like police, it would be safe to say Crims are being targeted for their weapons in public and to avoid people loot boxing crims I think it would help rp if we locked weapons apon being downed to crims as well😙

4 minutes ago, Dirty Mike said:

Maybe this is a good place to suggest official gangs have weapons locked to their body's and be able to spawn weapons like police, it would be safe to say Crims are being targeted for their weapons in public and to avoid people loot boxing crims I think it would help rp if we locked weapons apon being downed to crims as well😙

I disagree with this but i agree with the first sentence.

I'm a little confused about what the actual need for this is but beyond them being free, how is that much different from what they can do right now? In the past and even right now, some faction leadership has enforced lore/theme friendly vehicles. Off the top of my head I can name a few obvious examples such as low riders for Ballas and Black Disciples, Mesa (I think) and other SUV-like vehicles the Russians used for a long time. You see it in a lot of official factions actually (both past and present), as lore-friendly vehicles is one of the many aspects that's looked at when it's relevant.

4 hours ago, NexonBG said:

And there is a lot of faction members that own vehicles that it doesnt make sense for that faction to have, why not help it and give them some suitable vehicles just for lore pourpose.

This argument of gang representation/lore is not very relevant as they can very much do that currently. The hard truth on the matter is, a lot of people prefer vehicles they like or that perform well over vehicles that suit their faction lore.

The majority of faction-spawned vehicles that currently exist, exist for things such as: logo's, ram bars, lights, sirens, faction-specific functions (towing, ambulances, taxis with their script support etc). And because it wouldn't make much sense for people working the jobs that do have it to have their own personal vehicles when on duty, and instead use government or company funded vehicles, unlike criminal activity. 

4 hours ago, Dirty Mike said:

If a group takes the time to go official it would be safe to assume that gang has enough resources  to provide cars and outfits for the gang

They can do this currently though, with the illegal money the gang makes, I've seen a few factions do exactly this, fund lore friendly vehicles and clothing for their members. Pulling it out of thin air doesn't quite make as much sense as it does for the gov factions.
Sure, I get that government jobs/factions take in some level of money or are funded by the government and personally I'd like to see some sort of actual finance tracking for assets like spawned cars but that's a bit beyond the scope of this suggestion. But I don't think spawned vehicles for criminal factions is really valuable enough to justify implementing 

Overall, I am 1000% for more faction script support, especially for official factions, but I do not believe this is it personally as someone that's worked alongside many factions in the 2 years I've been in faction services. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ash said:

I'm a little confused about what the actual need for this is but beyond them being free, how is that much different from what they can do right now? In the past and even right now, some faction leadership has enforced lore/theme friendly vehicles. Off the top of my head I can name a few obvious examples such as low riders for Ballas and Black Disciples, Mesa (I think) and other SUV-like vehicles the Russians used for a long time. You see it in a lot of official factions actually (both past and present), as lore-friendly vehicles is one of the many aspects that's looked at when it's relevant.

This argument of gang representation/lore is not very relevant as they can very much do that currently. The hard truth on the matter is, a lot of people prefer vehicles they like or that perform well over vehicles that suit their faction lore.

The majority of faction-spawned vehicles that currently exist, exist for things such as: logo's, ram bars, lights, sirens, faction-specific functions (towing, ambulances, taxis with their script support etc). And because it wouldn't make much sense for people working the jobs that do have it to have their own personal vehicles when on duty, and instead use government or company funded vehicles, unlike criminal activity. 

They can do this currently though, with the illegal money the gang makes, I've seen a few factions do exactly this, fund lore friendly vehicles and clothing for their members. Pulling it out of thin air doesn't quite make as much sense as it does for the gov factions.
Sure, I get that government jobs/factions take in some level of money or are funded by the government and personally I'd like to see some sort of actual finance tracking for assets like spawned cars but that's a bit beyond the scope of this suggestion. But I don't think spawned vehicles for criminal factions is really valuable enough to justify implementing 

Overall, I am 1000% for more faction script support, especially for official factions, but I do not believe this is it personally as someone that's worked alongside many factions in the 2 years I've been in faction services. 

Well I guess I'm a little confused why police and gov factions can spawn in endless cars, and I think the argument that they have gov funded money blah blah blah is an excuse to make it harder to being a crim and a cop out. If were here to Rp why should crims have to grind for hours to get cars that would be considered "lore" and go through all these costs, Meanwhile I see streams or clips of police officers with $1,000,000 in salary, Not to mention how many hours need to be accounted for getting a load out that could even stand a chance against a fight against pd or sd. That fact that if your in pd can log in hop on a shinobi, load up your carbine and heavy body armor with no cost to you and no effort to gain those things really makes being a crim discouraging 

Note: I honestly just kinda wrote this as ideas popped into my head, so sorry if it jumps around a bit.

More script support for official factions would be awesome, but giving them unlimited spawnable vehicles/weapons isn't it. Having this would be insanely unbalanced and demotivating with current script capabilities.

Here's my take on adding the ideas you've mentioned, but also making it fair to other players, not devalue currently available RP opportunities, and make logical sense in the RP world itself.

Now if it cost money from a treasury to pull out individual vehicles or weapons, and returning them puts the money back into the treasury, and of course faction members can freely deposit money into the faction treasury to fund it, since obviously they have no governmental backing, (with only higher up members being able to pull it out as cash) then it'd be pretty cool. Maybe owning a specific territory with a chop shop can be a requirement for the vehicles spawns since they'd be reusing the chopped parts. And having a territory with a gun weaponsmith or something as a requirement to be able to buy the guns.
Possibly make the weaponsmith require a stockpile of raw minerals from the mines to manufacture the weapons for faction spawning. Obviously don't make it a ton of materials required per gun, with how often crims lose weapons having to spend any more than 10-15 minutes mining to get enough materials for one gun would suck, especially since you still pay the weaponsmith money for it too. But at least it's something to give players the option of the faction treasury bought guns, or the current weapon import system.
Go through the effort of depositing ore at the weaponsmith so you can buy cheaper homemade guns? Or just pay a higher price for an import. Depositing with the weaponsmith would be better than needing materials on hand at the time since players will be more inclined to spend time collecting and stockpiling materials with the weaponsmith for the future rather than having to carry it around or go get it every time they want to buy a gun from them.
For example, (now idk what gun prices are like so sorry if this is unbalanced) an AK costs $10,000 of treasury funds to spawn, and consumes 6 iron, and 5 steel. But the weaponsmith doesn't have the materials available to buy an AK from him so you'll have to procure those and give them to him before he can sell you a fully built AK, or if your faction is ahead of the game and already gave him a ton of materials to work with you're good to go. Cops wouldn't need to give materials for weapons when spawning them, since RPly they have legitimate connections to obtain them.
Or if crims want to be able to spawn the weapons via the faction loadout similar to PD, members can go to the weaponsmith and buy the weapons, and they'll be sent to their HQ and added to the stock of available to be spawned weapons. (this method might be easier to code since it'd partially reuse the already built in loadout system)
Overall this would be a cool reason to have more power struggles over territory. Having the chops & weaponsmiths spread amongst them. All this would make criminals being able to just spawn in weapons and vehicles make sense RPly.

Now I don't know about weapons being locked to the player or not. We don't want players to have the mentality of "Lets go kill cops to stock up on gear" so keeping them locked for LEO would be best imo. Maybe if the LEO dies the weapon is lost, and they'll need to spend treasury funds to withdraw another one.
I do believe crims shouldn't get locked weapons though, as it makes much more sense realistically to ambush some rival gang bangers for their weapons if you see them than it would with a police officer. Maybe if players believe weapons should be unlocked for everybody cops can have a way to track weapons that are taken from a fellow officer (maybe with a global cooldown on the tracking feature usage similar to /showvehicles to actually make escaping feasable), and crims gain a way to take stolen police weaponry and pay a hacker NPC to remove the tracking from it. High risk, high reward.
Obviously hunting down cops specifically to steal their guns should be considered non-rp, but in the event a criminal legitimately gets the opportunity to take a weapon from an officer it would be cool to do so, and allow for some interesting rp, as obviously police don't want their weapons getting into the hands of criminals, and criminals would realistically take a chance to secure some fancy new weaponry that they otherwise wouldn't be able to get if given a good opportunity.

Obviously the same 'costs-money-to-withdraw-assets' system would have to apply for other legal factions as well, as currently the treasuries are really just massive money pools they use to pay employees. Not a whole lot actually goes into the treasury compared to what gets withdrawn for salaries, so they could definitely afford to have it apply to them as well. Like despawning a cruiser instead of returning it could not repay back the full cost of the cruiser to the treasury as a fee for the retrieval, and if the vehicle is below X health it pays back less money due to needing to cover repair costs. Obviously if it's destroyed completely it wouldn't return any money and just be a waste, or be very minimal. So players would actually have to take care to not damage their faction vehicles, being more careful as you would irl. Cars aren't cheap, and im sure recklessly driving a cop car and damaging it, or taking a gangs vehicle out and tearing it up wouldn't make your superiors very happy. As for the ownership of the spawned criminal faction vehicles, I'd assume the best way to handle it would be the same as any other faction vehicle where tracing the plate leads back to the player who spawned it. RP can be that with the connections the gang has, having grown to it's size ((gaining official status)) they have a connection with a guy who forges documents, registrations, and plates on the vehicles, making them completely legit as far as a cop can tell with their MDC. (they wouldn't be able to scan the plate and know it's a spawned vehicle created from repurposed chop parts as I explained in the idea in first paragraph of this post) Finally in regards to chop shopping criminal faction vehicles, the cost to withdraw the vehicle would need to be at least slightly higher than the chop payout to make it not worth doing at all, otherwise it would be an easy way to make money if it was profitable, or open up a potential RWT method if the chop payout is equal to the treasury withdraw cost. I believe if withdrawing it and having a friend chop it loses money it would deter people from purposely doing that.
As for territory influence, I think the idea stated in the original post is good. If your faction vehicle gets destroyed, or stalled and left to despawn, it could hurt influence in your territory, adding yet another reason to rp with an enemy group.

Custom clothing? That'd be epic. Just need to find somebody who actually knows how to make custom models/textures for GTA V.

• YAY 2