dominykas

UI for changing seats inside of a car.

Would it be better to have a UI for changing seats or simply roleplay it?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be better to have a UI for changing seats or simply roleplay it?

• It would be better to have a UI to change your seat quicker.
    • It's better to roleplay changing seats.

New UI for changing seats whilst inside of a car.

Content:

1. Explanation;

2. Command example;

3. How it would affect roleplay scenarios;

4. UI example;

5. Summary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.1. What I propose is that a UI or command be implemented that allows individuals to change seats while inside a car. You must choose an empty vehicle seat to change into. I also recommend adding a slight delay between switching seats so that this newly implemented feature cannot be misused.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.1. So, if this feature were to be implemented as a command rather than a UI, I would recommend a simple command. Lowering your window would be comparable to this command. If you wanted to reduce your window in-game at the time, you could use the command ((/window 0-4)). ((/changeseat 0-4)) would be a good example of this command.

3.1. If this command or UI were to be implemented, and average players were given the ability to change their seat, many roleplay scenarios may be altered. If the average player wanted to change seats during a stressful roleplay scenario, he would usually either jump out of his car and take a seat in his preferred seat, or he might roleplay it and step out of character and, as previously said, choose his preferred seat.

4.1. Most people have noted that there is a UI for changing your seat in other popular servers, as mentioned in this suggestion. To get to this UI, I recommend creating a key bind that will allow you to change your current seat. Under this recommendation, I'll provide an example.

4.2.  f7c2a9aba9436fdb94656343fbdefbac.png.6e09284117e064040be351fce887a094.png

5.1. To summarize, I would love to see something like this to be implemented. The rationale for this is that it would change and provide variation to numerous roleplaying scenarios. Please leave a remark if you have anything to suggest.

Edited by dominykas
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

For sure a +1, realistically speaking you can move around the car from seat to seat without too much stuggle. To balance this in situations such as chases or whenever you'll need to switch seats you could have a little timer like when you drink water/eat food say for example 2 seconds so its not abused when PD need to identify people in a car etc..

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 12:48 AM, Destuin said:

+1 very cool, don't really see any negatives. How would it work with a driver? Would they be able to swap seat and then a passenger move to driver?

The way I believe it should work is if the driver decides to change seats it would turn off the engine. If someone were to take his place they would need to start the engine once more. Thoughts?