Jay Endo

Gloves do not work and can leave fingerprints (70% of the time)?

Date and time (provide timezone): 00:00 GMT

Character name: Jay Endo

Issue/bug you are reporting: Gloves work randomly and can leave fingerprints regardless

Expected behavior:  Gloves operate as actual gloves.

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate: N/A

Here are some screenshots provided from the LEO's who arrested me as well as Support. I was taken to DOC for fingerprints on a weapon that I 100% never touched with my bare hands. Is this a bug or a feature?

YQIUmVo.png

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, jason said:

Please provide proof of these incidents so we can properly elevate this. It's extremely easy to forget whether or not you've accidentally touched something without gloves and statistics can be altered by people lying to get out of situations. 

The only time I ever not wear gloves is the journey from MD to the nearest shop.

I have no proof that this isn't the case, but I can ensure you I'm not lying. I've already carried out my 2 hour DOC sentence because of this bug, I have nothing to gain from this.

The only reason this was brought to my attention and confirmed to be the case was anecdotal evidence from LEO's, along with the confirmation from the Support member.

These "statistics" of course are not bulletproof but they're brought up from LEO's themselves who have direct access to the script.

Thanks.

Edited by Jay Endo

I cannot replicate any potential bugs. I have tried putting it in and taking it out of a bag, briefcase, car, dropped it on the ground, tried interacting with food and water items with the gun in my inventory & loadout, tried switching gloves whilst having the gun equipped, and then with the gun in hand, tried loading/unloading, same results on a pistol .50

• Black Gloves - No Prints
  • Green Gloves - No Prints
  • Leather Gloves - No Prints
  • Long Black Gloves - No Prints
  • Blue Gloves - No Prints
  • Working Gloves - No Prints
  • White Gloves - No Prints
  • Fingerless Gloves - Prints

What I can confirm:

• SED & METRO (SWAT) uniforms come with gloves that do not actually function like scripted gloves. It leaves their prints behind unless they go back into /fl after equipping their uniform and choosing their gloves manually. This is what may confuse some officers as they will, if they don't have this knowledge, leave their prints on an item whilst they believe they have gloves on, and thus potentially and unintentionally spread misinformation. 
  • Unequipping your gloves when your gun is in your loadout will not leave prints regardless of how you interact with the gun, as long as you don't drag it back into your main inventory. 

As for this bug report, I'm willing to test further if you have any ideas as to how the store-bought gloves are supposedly bugged and leave prints. I don't think "I always wear gloves" is appropriate to confirm that there is in fact a bug. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FatherOsborn said:

As for this bug report, I'm willing to test further if you have any ideas as to how the store-bought gloves are supposedly bugged and leave prints. I don't think "I always wear gloves" is appropriate to confirm that there is in fact a bug. 

That is completely understandable and I appreciate yourself going out of the way to confirm this, It seems ridiculous but it is the case.

The only other considerations I would make is interacting with the weapon when downed, or another player interacting with the weapon in your inventory when downed.

Another consideration is that the gloves and weapon have been in my possession for an extended period of time. This logically points to user error but I'd also argue it opens the time span of an unseen bug occurring.

I'd be interested to see if prints have also been left on other weapons in my arsenal. Or if it was just for this particular firearm, which would confirm 100% in my opinion it was user error as I regularly switch firearms depending on the vehicle I use.

If possible, checking the serial number on the weapon might also clear this up - is it registered to myself? I've only ever brought 2 or 3 legal firearms since joining the server in 2018-2019. I have over 150 .50s so I find this unlikely but that's the only circumstance in which I could of left them legitimately.

Either way that's a few hoops to jump through and your investigation seems conclusive so I apologise for wasting the time of those involved.

Thanks.

Edited by Jay Endo

1 hour ago, FatherOsborn said:
  • SED & METRO (SWAT) uniforms come with gloves that do not actually function like scripted gloves. It leaves their prints behind unless they go back into /fl after equipping their uniform and choosing their gloves manually. This is what may confuse some officers as they will, if they don't have this knowledge, leave their prints on an item whilst they believe they have gloves on, and thus potentially and unintentionally spread misinformation.

Would also help if a LEO who has encountered this "bug" before could confirm this is what might of happened.

Edited by Jay Endo