Pistol Pete

Add "ninjalooting" to rules, explicitly

I've seen lots of reports recently for "ninjalooting". I also see players occasionally kicked by staff for this.

However, it's not explicitly mentioned anywhere in the rules that this is not allowed. Until these reports and staff action I had assumed it was allowed.

I guess the following taken from 6.3.1. does touch on it, "Players are allowed to rob other players by either roleplaying it or by forcing them to raise their hands and
using the /mug command" but I think another clause should be added (6.3.5.) that explicitly outlines ninjalooting as a violation. It would obviously be useful to explain exactly what it is so people cannot use the ignorance excuse. 

Would be nice to confirm my understanding of "ninjalooting" too if anyone wants to help. I understand right now that if I saw an injured body and wanted to loot it I would simply have to roleplay searching the player ("/me attempts to search the man" and "/do success?" etc)? I understand "ninjalooting" would occur if I simply ran up to a body and looted it without any roleplay whatsoever?

To conclude and tl;dr version, add specific clause for "ninjalooting" to rules as it seems many players including myself do not fully understand it.

Edited by Pistol Pete
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ninja looting is an idiotic rule, unless not well role played.
If you still have the option to make a 911 call, I agree there should be some resistance when someone tries to rob you and you're down.

I think a proper use for this type of robbing would be something like:

- PLAYER 1
/me checks up on the stranger's body laying on the ground
/do what do I find?

- PLAYER 2
/do A cracked skull

- PLAYER 1
/do is stranger unconscious?

- PLAYER 2
/do yes

- PLAYER 1
/me looks around to see if there's anybody around
/me attempts to search the man's pockets
/do is there any resistance?

- PLAYER 2
/no
(if yes - player must explain why, but I don't see a realistic approach towards a cracked skull)

- PLAYER 1
/me looks for a wallet
/do does stranger have a wallet? (by default - yes)

- PLAYER 2
yes

- PLAYER 1
/mug (attempts to take money if any)

---------

This is just a short example of how it SHOULD go. But if it's just random dudes walking up to people and taking their stuff, I agree they should be warned at least.
There a lot of things that are not implemented in the rules and there are many things missing as well. I hope devs and content creators get up to par with the new rules and follow up on adjusting the info that needs to be updated.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, YandarZone said:

Ninja looting is an idiotic rule, unless not well role played.
If you still have the option to make a 911 call, I agree there should be some resistance when someone tries to rob you and you're down.

I think a proper use for this type of robbing would be something like:

- PLAYER 1
/me checks up on the stranger's body laying on the ground
/do what do I find?

- PLAYER 2
/do A cracked skull

- PLAYER 1
/do is stranger unconscious?

- PLAYER 2
/do yes

- PLAYER 1
/me looks around to see if there's anybody around
/me attempts to search the man's pockets
/do is there any resistance?

- PLAYER 2
/no
(if yes - player must explain why, but I don't see a realistic approach towards a cracked skull)

- PLAYER 1
/me looks for a wallet
/do does stranger have a wallet? (by default - yes)

- PLAYER 2
yes

- PLAYER 1
/mug (attempts to take money if any)

This is how it was back a few months ago before the rage client, but it was pretty shitty because salty downed players wouldn't comply/would stall /me's and /do's until their backup arrived. In a perfect world, your example should be how it goes, but especially right now (with all the new players, who barely know what /me's, and /do's are) I don't think this is our best option.

I'll +1 the ninja looting being added to the rules... If people are being punished for something, it should be explicitly stated what they're being punished for so they can do better in the future.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, JackD248 said:

if you have been shot and are downed how can you really resist someone robbing your stuff? Is it even worth a /do to confirm RP on other side?

I find myself agreeing with this. This resulted in my initial confusion when I started seeing people getting punishments for it. Realistically, I don't think there will be much resistance if you're actually injured and someone wishes to relieve you of your possessions. 

That said, people are still being punished for it at this current point in time and without it being clearly stated in the rules I can only see it continuing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pistol Pete said:

I find myself agreeing with this. This resulted in my initial confusion when I started seeing people getting punishments for it. Realistically, I don't think there will be much resistance if you're actually injured and someone wishes to relieve you of your possessions. 

That said, people are still being punished for it at this current point in time and without it being clearly stated in the rules I can only see it continuing. 

Exactly if you have been shot and can’t move then how can you start resisting and struggling to stop someone stealing your stuff if you made people RP it the /do on the other party would have to be positive answers as you can’t resist and people would just stall until backup comes And enough of the new immigrants don’t know how to use /do /me properly so it’s a no no for me.

You get shot your shot, you ain’t resisting unless you have supernatural powers aka powergaming 

Correct me if I’m wrong aswel but there is not currently a rule saying you cannot take someone’s inventory without RP. Obviously you can’t just DM someone so you can steal there stuff nor can you take the inventory of anyone below 1k XP however, I do not believe any rule at all in the CURRENT server rule book states you can’t do this. It is not powergaming as you are just looting a person that has been immobilised due to serious bodily harm and is unable to resist. 

Edited by JackD248

Just now, JackD248 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong aswel but there is not currently a rule saying you cannot take someone’s inventory without RP. Obviously you can’t just DM someone so you can steal there stuff nor can you take the inventory of anyone below 1k XP however, I do not believe any rule at all in the CURRENT server rule book states you can’t do this. It is not powergaming as you are just looting a person that has been immobilised due to serious bodily harm. 

I think it would be classed as a robbery and therefore covered under the following -

6.3.1. Players are allowed to rob other players by either roleplaying it or by forcing them to raise their hands and
using the /mug command. There is no limit on how much money or items you can take from a single robbery but it
must take place at one location. A criminal is allowed to demand their victim to hand over vehicle keys.

It's a roleplay server so I think some should definitely be done prior to relieving an injured body of it's possessions. 

3 minutes ago, Pistol Pete said:

I think it would be classed as a robbery and therefore covered under the following -

It's a roleplay server so I think some should definitely be done prior to relieving an injured body of it's possessions. 

It doesn’t come under that robbery. That just covers forced sever commands such as /cpr as you MUST RP /cpr and have a positive /do to be able to preform it should you not it’s FailRP so if anyone has been punished for “ninjalooting” I personally don’t see why as no where in the rules does it mention that... 

We need an admin to give an announcement on a very clear answers to if it is allowed to take inventory or not with/without RP as currently it’s causing mass confusion within the server, including myself! 

Or if we can just do a /me loots him and we don’t need a /do as they IRL wouldn’t be able to resist 

Edited by JackD248