RowanMonty

Jail, PD/MD RP, Criminals suggestions/story

If you were involved in our RP situation you'll probably bicker about it amongst yourselves. Go ahead.

Recently I was involved in an RP situation where I was gunned down by 5/6 officers. I was hit only 4 times in the spinal cord and was then told I would survive something like that. I was nearing death when a medic rushed straight from their vehicle straight to me and did the /whateveritisbutstopssomeonefromdyinginstantly command with 0 RP. Obviously, I feel this was a bit unfair but it is what it is, I was then driven about in the MD vehicle whilst they sorted whatever they were doing out, this was for about 15/20 minutes IRL. Finally, I get to prison after 25+ minutes and I ask if they can /ringprison - which they completely ignore, they then tell me I need to get snapshots and fingers prints done - fair enough. I respond to every command nice and quickly so I can get on with my extremely long, extremely boring 2 hours in prison. (Thankfully I can rant here whilst being there) BUT instead of helping me out and doing it quickly they start pissing about "oh this isn't working, let's try it again". "oh no it's not working again" - and the "/do 5% /do 10%" really nice and slowly. I'm a little fed up with their bs so I reply every command as "/me does what the officer says" - to which I am told by a moderator or admin or whoever that I must RP - Which I am quite clearly doing. Just fed up with the bs which is genuinely wasting my time and making me want to log off for good and uninstall - Well done cops! 

Now you're probably wondering where the suggestions are as it sounds more like a report, the truth is, I'm not that low to report someone for pettiness so below are the suggestions I have to... 

Prevent players wanting to log off for good, prevent FailRP/Not FailRP reports, make life less boring for those that go into prison and make everyone enjoy the server that little bit more.

-When you are arrested, there is a lot of time where YOU as a criminal are spent, cuffed, doing nothing, waiting for PD to take you here and there. Most of the time I'll RP this perfectly fine and just accept the fact I have 2 hours on top of it all. Other times, I just want to be put in prison and go through 2 hours of OOC feeling jail. - SUGGESTION - Once you are detained or arrested, the time spent lugging you around, RPing within the prison should be taken off the time. WHY? - this would create more RP for people going to prison, me as a criminal, I'd rather RP going into prison, do some really good RP and have some time taken off my prison sentence, almost like a reward for doing so good RP. Alternatively, you can just be taken to prison as quickly as possible and do the time that remains. ------ I'm sure you'll say "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime", and yes, you are right, but this isn't real life. Police RP would be pretty boring if there were no criminals don't you think?

-SUGGESTION - Can we as the players be made publicly aware of PD and MD RP rules. I feel I was hard done by above that there was no RP with the medic. To then be told by an admin that I'm not RPing properly when I quite clearly was responding. Feels a bit unfair really. WHY? - this would prevent FailRP reports coming and going if everyone knew the RP rules for MD and PD. It just seems to be decided on the spot if its okay or not.

-Again, felt pretty hard done by that 4 bullet wounds to the spinal cord wouldn't kill me, (btw I work for the police and oh god, it definitely would kill you) nor would them being 35 minutes old whilst I was spent being lugged about by MD as they were more interested in flipping the police cruiser then getting me to the hospital. (Seems a bit like FailRP to me, but again I'm not THAT petty to make a report about it, but I am petty enough to make a point about it.) Can it please be script based whether your injuries would kill you or not? It is not realistic right now, it will be set in PD mind whether they want to let you die or not. If they don't want that, you'll be going to prison for 2 hours. Whether you are going to die or not is their OOC choice, the actual injuries have no effect on it if PD doesn't want you to RP death. This was told to me by a support staff. SUGGESTION - As above, Injuries/death determined by SCRIPT! WHY? - This would prevent unfairness by PD and unfairness by criminals trying to long out your RP because you feel there is enough to die. -- Simple - If you can survive - Medic can revive you. If there isn't, the medic can attempt but their attempts are unsuccessful. WHY? - Prevent unfairness, prevent whiny posts like this, get some realism into it.

-As it stands, if you have to go through the long, boring, being dragged about by this and that and finally get to prison, you have to wait, AFK, not even in the game, watching a video, writing a snotty suggestion or whatever you may want to do (which we do not need to hear about) SUGGESTION - Give us something to do? A way to earn money? Games to play? Chores to do? OR lower the sentence. It is literally like an OOC punishment or IC 2 hour nap, "Hm, wonder why this player isn't responding to me? Must be asleep". No, actually, I'm currently in the garden cutting the grass because jail is boring asf. I didn't even realize someone had beaten me to death multiple times. WHY? - This is an RP server, not an AFK farm. Again, you may say, "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime" but guess what? Same answer. Would be reaaallll boring if there was nothing for PD to do other than RP buying and eating a donut.

I'm sure there will be plenty of -1 from police, especially those involved in the RP situation, but c'mon, let's stop putting so much effort and work into PD and actually think about how boring criminal life can be like. Pretty much no way of making money unless you own turf (Which I do and it is still quite a challenge) and it can get boring sometimes. I want to have a cop chase, get caught, have some fun and get out again. Not waste 2 hours writing a post about suggestions. 

Let's be honest here, if there is anyone who works for the police, fire or ambulance IRL, you know. Criminals have way more money than you do, but on this server, just feels like police earn loads and loads and loads and loads of money, with no real reason to spend it. Anyway still got 4300 seconds left in prison so someone replies nice and quickly so I can stay occupied? The grass is cut, the house is tidy, shopping has been done, movies watched. I'm outta ideas here.

Much love - No hard feelings... ish.

Edited by RowanMonty
  • Upvote 1

This is most definitely a bias response as myself and Rowan are IRL and IG mates but from a PD perspective it does suck when you have a really cool police scenario (i.e an extensive chase or hostage etc) and then it's ruined because you have to send someone to AFK for 2 hours. I don't know who would actually sit in the prison for 2 hours and RP consistently, this coming from both my PD Matt Trustson character and my Criminal Ben Rucks. I understand that it's probably 'being worked on' but I feel that SOMETHING needs to be added to make it far more interesting, because now I find myself sometimes trying to find a way to reduce sentences for good criminal RP but I can't because the system is very biased. Playing on Matt Trustson doesn't present a challenge of true police work, it's a simulator of me typing in someone's name into the MDC and then adding charges and when I tell them they've got 120 minutes to spend in the prison alongside however long the preliminary RP takes they're just left with "ah.... cool, I work hard to try make engaging RP and I'm just punished in what's practically an OOC timeout."  

So yeah, something needs to be done about criminal RP and how they're 'punished'. If I was to make my own suggestion here it'd be reduce max sentence to like 60 minutes but I also agree about the activities. 

+1 

-SUGGESTION - Can we as the players be made publicly aware of PD and MD RP rules. I feel I was hard done by above that there was no RP with the medic. To then be told by an admin that I'm not RPing properly when I quite clearly was responding. Feels a bit unfair really. WHY? - this would prevent FailRP reports coming and going if everyone knew the RP rules for MD and PD. It just seems to be decided on the spot if its okay or not.

Why do you think we have separate server rules than you do? Internal rules set by faction leaders are faction rules, there's no reason why you as a non-faction member need to know these rules. Factions follow the server rules just like anyone else is meant to, and those are public. If you feel that there are rules missing from the server rules, or if something is there that shouldn't be, that calls for a separate suggestion where you can suggest changes to the server rules.

I'm sure there will be plenty of -1 from police, especially those involved in the RP situation, but c'mon, let's stop putting so much effort and work into PD and actually think about how boring criminal life can be like. Pretty much no way of making money unless you own turf (Which I do and it is still quite a challenge) and it can get boring sometimes. I want to have a cop chase, get caught, have some fun and get out again. Not waste 2 hours writing a post about suggestions. 

This is a problem. This is a role-play server. You are not meant to just cause havoc, cause havoc, cause havoc, cause havoc. There's meant to be IC consequences to your actions, that's what makes a role-play server REALISTIC, this is not a COPS AND ROBBERS server. Character Development is a thing, everything you do should develop your character further. 

Now about the prison not having anything to do, that's a problem for developers, they're well aware of issues in the prison and how they can make it better. 

Playing on Matt Trustson doesn't present a challenge of true police work, it's a simulator of me typing in someone's name into the MDC and then adding charges and when I tell them they've got 120 minutes to spend in the prison alongside however long the preliminary RP takes they're just left with "ah.... cool, I work hard to try make engaging RP and I'm just punished in what's practically an OOC timeout."  

When you get caught by the police In Real Life, they don't just immediately drive you to the jail and jail you. There's a whole lot of steps in between, which is what we portray. Stop trying to rush role-play, you are meant to enjoy role-play. We don't force anyone into role-playing, players initiate criminal role-play themselves. There's also meant to be things to do in the prison, but again, that's a development issue.

Bottom line is that there is a lot of missing things from the prison, there is meant to be things to do in the prison, to further RP in there. But regardless if the prison gets fixed, the preliminary role-play prior to going to prison is just like any role-play and won't affect the outcome of your prison sentence. Players even want a court system and that will add even more preliminary role-play before you get sentenced and serve your time. 

Here is a suggestion with a bunch of ideas for the prison, you can add more onto it and I'll add it to the top post.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, F@therOsborn said:

When you get caught by the police In Real Life, they don't just immediately drive you to the jail and jail you. There's a whole lot of steps in between, which is what we portray. Stop trying to rush role-play, you are meant to enjoy role-play. We don't force anyone into role-playing, players initiate criminal role-play themselves. There's also meant to be things to do in the prison, but again, that's a development issue.

Correct, but if you do know police procedure, when you are arrested, the clock starts ticking, all I’m saying is, it will help better role play. 

Also unfortunately as it stands it is NOT and IC punishment... it is an extremely unfair, long, boring OOC punishment. That is not REALISIC

20 hours ago, RowanMonty said:

Correct, but if you do know police procedure, when you are arrested, the clock starts ticking, all I’m saying is, it will help better role play. 

Also unfortunately as it stands it is NOT and IC punishment... it is an extremely unfair, long, boring OOC punishment. That is not REALISIC

Actually, when you are arrested, the clock does not start ticking. In the UK, it is when you get booked in at the police station the officers then have a maximum of 24 hours to develop charges, find evidence and if none of these can be done, release you. 

In real life, the pull over/arrest, declaration of rights, transport and processing are not when the timer starts.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2018 at 10:52 AM, Roberto_Sanchez said:

Actually, when you are arrested, the clock does not start ticking. In the UK, it is when you get booked in at the police station the officers then have a maximum of 24 hours to develop charges, find evidence and if none of these can be done, release you. 

In real life, the pull over/arrest, declaration of rights, transport and processing are not when the timer starts.

This. Also, if you don't want to do the time don't do the crime. I get the appeal of the criminal life and can't say I've not been tempted myself, but... If someone is not RP'ing, record, report OR have a conversation with them. Most people in the server, especially in legal factions, will try their upmost to improve their RP as time goes on.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.