Pistol Pete

Ability for police to retract a warrant if ongoing IA review

So my character got 2 tickets for the same incident that he believed were frivolous and therefore filed a complaint with IA. The server has a process where if a ticket is not paid in a set time frame, a warrant is issued for the player's arrest. Both together are not a good mix since an IA review can take a long time (I've currently waited 3 IRL days) and therefore the warrant is almost always going to be generated despite having the IA complaint active. 

My character has been stopped 4 times for these warrants and each time I had to explain they were in for IA review. After the 4th time it's just annoying now. It would be much better if an officer could retract a warrant if there's an ongoing IA review. It should also be possible for an officer to set the warrant as active again in the event the IA review comes out in the PD's favour (should allow the receiver of the ticket time to pay the fine though). When my character was stopped by a cadet they had to reach out to a lieutenant or captain to confirm my IA review so I think it would make sense if only a lieutenant or captain could retract warrants or make them active again.

2 minutes ago, Kay133 said:

-1, then every player could file an IA report and not get arrested. While yes, it is sometimes frustrating to get arrested for false charges, I think a court would be a better solution to this problem.

That's a fair point. I guess to avoid this the PD would have to deal with the reports as and when they come in. In addition, the PD could apply further charges if the appeals are complete BS to deter false IA submissions.

The court idea sounds interesting. In the scenario I included in my initial post, how would that work with a court system?

Basically, you could have a court of appeals. There the charge would be looked through, evidence would be gathered and statements were taken. If the court finds the defendant to be not guilty, he/she get's recompensated for their losses. If found guilty, they would be incarcerated. Furtherly, if the case would take too long, the defendant could be held on bail, until the trail is. @Pistol Pete

20 minutes ago, Kay133 said:

Reckless Driving is not only a ticket but also jail time. 

Bollocks, my character has had two of these. My character is only apparently serving time for one and the officer who gave the one that apparently applied jail time did not bring my character in. My character was not wanted until a few days after not paying the tickets (as my character was awaiting the IA review to conclude) hence my use of "apparently". Broken.

Edited by Pistol Pete

45 minutes ago, Pistol Pete said:

Bollocks, my character has had two of these. My character is only apparently serving time for one and the officer who gave the one that apparently applied jail time did not bring my character in. My character was not wanted until a few days after not paying the tickets (as my character was awaiting the IA review to conclude) hence my use of "apparently". Broken.

As soon as you get prisoned, the fine of your charge automatically gets withdrawn from your bank account. You were wanted for "Reckless Driving", a misdemeanor, that's why every Officer tried to arrest you.

1 minute ago, Kay133 said:

As soon as you get prisoned, the fine of your charge automatically gets withdrawn from your bank account. You were wanted for "Reckless Driving", a misdemeanor, that's why every Officer tried to arrest you.

I hear you but I was not fined when I was imprisoned since I already paid the fine. So there's very clearly something afoot here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.