Arrta

Song delay/stutter start issue

Date and time (provide timezone): Various

Character name: Julia Knox, Shana O'hara, would assume Fred Bathsheba as well but he cant afford a speaker/radio and RPly would probably never get one. lol

Issue/bug you are reporting: The song system for me starts the song on time, but it stutters for the first ~45 seconds of playback. If the starting section of the youtube has a dead few seconds, it sound like its just a delayed start, but if there is sound in the first few milliseconds of the youtube it will repeat that section, seemingly "stuttering" the entire time. This also causes the song to extend the playtime after when it stops for everyone else. As a result I am delayed/stuttering for 45 seconds at the start, and if someone is playing songs back to back, I also miss the last 45 seconds as the new song is started and the process begins again. This happens for both cars and speakers, and for songs both started by me or started by others.

Expected behavior:  No stuttering/delay

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate: Current, August 2021, https://streamable.com/qnk9cy Old, from October 2020, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDw5afv1BTE
I have been informed that @jason and @KimeyBear101 are also seeing this same issue. Jason and I have attempted to work together to find a common denominator, but we have not yet done so. But we know it is not simply regional, as he is Western US, I am Eastern US, and Kimey we have been told is UK. System hardware also seemingly does not play a factor it in.
Incidentally, I saw a similar issue last year on the original song player system before it stopped working, and a few weeks back when it was working for a select few I did not have this issue. It returned when the functionality became widely available.
Another interesting thing of note, was that the other day, I started a song a split second before I was kicked for failure to complete AFK math, and the song started without issue.

Vehicle license plate number*

Edited by Arrta

@Arrta hello, thank you for your bug report. We've recently found the potential cause for the delayed audio, which might happen if your computer's clock is out of sync with the actual time. Check https://time.is/ and if your clock is either behind or ahead by a significant amount of seconds, you should resync your time. Let me know if this does anything for you!

7 hours ago, alpha7610 said:

@Osvaldon Hi , car speaker seems to work after syncing the time ( it was off by 1 minute )

Haven't tested the actual speaker ( I think it works the same )

It's the same script and will work for both when I tested the issue after finding the temporary solution. Let me know if you have any issues and I'll be happy to help you personally over discord.

butterknife#0001

5 hours ago, jason said:

It's the same script and will work for both when I tested the issue after finding the temporary solution. Let me know if you have any issues and I'll be happy to help you personally over discord.

butterknife#0001

Really Appreciate your help ! For now it seems to be working flawlessly. 

• hand 1

22 hours ago, Osvaldon said:

@Arrta hello, thank you for your bug report. We've recently found the potential cause for the delayed audio, which might happen if your computer's clock is out of sync with the actual time. Check https://time.is/ and if your clock is either behind or ahead by a significant amount of seconds, you should resync your time. Let me know if this does anything for you!