\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

TRUCKING

20 minutes ago, exdi said:

Farmes are risking more than truckers.

I agree, but it shouldn't be about the risks only. They re different jobs. Also, not everyone likes farming and not everyone likes trucking. Hell, as incredible as it sounds not everyone can truck even (as far as I ve seen so far). 

I heard that now you make ~15k an hour farming. 10-11k trucking sounds about right considering you're realistically using your own fuel and, and the 'but you re going to swap the truck everytime you run out of fuel' is not only time consuming but arguably failrp. I should add that while trucking or even doing deliveries you hardly interract with anyone(in a videogame) so yeah at least money should be the reward, besides the experience of doing the job itself.

It'd also presumably make the streets more populated. 

Edited by \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Higher risk, higher reward. When you are farming, you risk losing 5k worth of wheat everytime you are working (and trust me it happens all the time). When you trucking you earnings is basically safe and you dont risk losing anything.

I dont think you understand my argument.

Sure, both have their ups n' downs. What I am trying to tell you is that when you risk more, it is understandable you earn more, because you lose more. Let me break it down for you. 

You are a trucker, and you said 10k an hour sounds right. You work for 3 hours and earn 30k.

I am a farmer, and after what you heard I earn 15k an hour. If I work 3 hours I get 45k.

Lets say you did not get robbed, because it very unlikely unless they want your truck.

Lets say I get robbed 3 times, because it very likely. People are always scouting for farmers to rob for an easy 2,5k profit.

That brings your total sum of money after 3 hours of work to 30k,

and it bring my total sum of money after 3 hours of work to 30k.

Sure, I can be lucky and not get robbed, earning 45k, or I can be unlucky and get robbed more than 3 times and earn less.

You posted this on an open forum, so you should expect replies.

I did not understand this part: (I don't understand how'd that fuck with your farming schedule besides making less people interested in robbing your stuff so you'd be so against it lmao.)

12 minutes ago, exdi said:

I did not understand this part: (I don't understand how'd that fuck with your farming schedule besides making less people interested in robbing your stuff so you'd be so against it lmao.)

It means I m unsure why are you against earning good money in different ways than joining ng a governmental faction or farming. How does that affect anyone?

Now let me break it down for you:

You do farming alone (mostly by choice) and you get robbed once every hour(that is already unlucky my friend, been havin 800hrs total in ecrp)- you get around 45k down to 30 every 3 hours, socializing and/or just interracting with other players. 

You get on the road and drive, being required to be mostly focused at least 90% of the time on that and earn 30k an hour. Now if ANYTHING happens to your truck OR your trailor. 

(like it happened to me today in my 1hr of doing the job - 2 guys tried to rob me just for the sake of it-, cause that's reason #1 for these petty crimes not that 2.5k profit where you risk dying or 5k fines).

You can lose from 10 to 15 minutes, or more in the 'crime' cases, just fixing your truck, getting another trailor. This can happen more often than you think if there are more than 50ppl actively doing something. 

Now the reason why I said we should stop arguing is the following: yes, this is a public forum but this is area of the forum is dedicated to suggestions. It is also open to debating and suggesting, and you are always welcomed to say your point of you, BUT you, my dear fella been on the 'more risk higher reward' for the whole time and I m just saying that everyone could already see what you're for, biased or not.

If you have something different and interesting to bring into discussion feel free to do that, otherwise just leave it like this. 

Ey, you seemed to understand my argument, congratulations!

Sadly you do not decide who can reply on this post or not.

Yes, I have been "Higher risk, higher reward" all the time because that's how it works. You asked for more money for doing truck jobs. and I said why I do not think your suggestion would work. Its how it works in real life aswell. Jobs with higher risk often got better wages than other similar jobs. 

For me this post started as a constructive discussion. You were the one being aggressive and calling this post an argument.

This would be my last reply, feel free to answer me, but I wont reply.

Have a good day.

I actually timed a flawless farmer run (the one with the shorter distance to the warehouse) against a trucking run with fuel (though this varies a little). Iirc the times were not all that drastically different, nor was the income. But yeah, if anything, I think the farming should be one of the lesser paid jobs to put off some of those general pests that just linger there non stop. We all know the types I speak of. 

What I would like to see for trucking is some significant advantages to buying your own truck and trucking that way. I almost went ahead with this idea until I done some chatting with those glorious mechanics that make our vehicles all pretty. It just doesn't seem worth the investment or have a big enough attraction to be doing it that way. Even as a VIP. Which is a real a real shame.

Farming does indeed bring the same income on a single run (but that takes 30 minutes), but trucking, with the distances and the size of the orders brings the ~5k in an hour, goimg past the speed limit in the city. Bigger difference between the two is that while trucking you can t really disconnect from what you re doing, but maybe for 1 minute while loading and unloading (that was rewarded in farming with good income). 

I started this suggestion only thinking about how overlooked this job is, with its RP potential.

You can see how overlooked it is not only by the income but the minor and 'unique' aspects like the /cb radio which only shows stranger IDs. - no one even bothered to report it, just quit the job cause its not worth it - 

No one wants to do it seeing that they're just going to be left behind with the income and everything, while still being taken away for many others RP opportunities. 

Buying trucks is indeed not worth it.

Imagine only the things that can be created, working more on developing this job like actually having people to deliver 'real' parts stock to mechanic shops, seeds to the farms, bait to the fishing docks(and all worth it, by 'dedicated' people). 

Offtopic:the biggest overlooked aspect is the effect of drugs (one of the biggest reason for starting organisations, businesses and their conflicts IRL.) 

They exist in game but are just too dull, so there is zero real demand or desire to use them. THEY SHOULD BE FUCKING TEMPTING, especially in this universe where people just don t have much to do with the money. 

I ll probably make time to think of a good suggestion covering this after I m done with IRL stuff, if no one does it before me(hopefully many more think the same..) 

Edited by \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

No, that's what I am saying. I timed a full fuel run from the second I had filled up until I had returned to refill. I also timed the farming from start to finish and the times were similar as were the prices. 2 van loads of farming was maybe a little  more than the 2 trucker runs I done in the same amount of time. Give or take 5-10 minutes on the trucking. So in one hour of each activity, the income wasn't vastly different. The differences where not having to constantly pan and scan with the mouse as you farmed or deal with other annoying players and their squeaky voices.

I think truckers should ethier make more , or the farmer sell point should be across the map, it’s to easy to go farm with a gang and rob all the law abiding citizens, you make 4-5k per harvest and have to drive 200 yards to the sale point, trucking is very time consuming because you have to drive across the map and back to make 2-3@k , then you have to refuel or grab a new truck, reload your cargo ect, so in conclusion farmer sell point should be across the map, or truckers should get a raise due to the time consumption.

3 hours ago, texstrike said:

Let me add it does not even give the police time to respond due to the sale point being so close to the farm. 

I agree with this. Still don't think truckers should be more, as there is risk with farmers. I can't steal a truckers money... It goes to his salary!

I will time myself with the trucking thing. I see a few people here claiming to earn 9k an hour. I'm actually really surprised! Also, as I said before people rarely rob farmers for that 2-2.5k run, they do it 'cause they like to fuck with people. I got robbed more times trucking that farming. I was however at gunpoint or at the risk of getting robbed myself at the selling spot but police usually comes for any suspicion and while I sat at the farms there was always at least one cruiser or detective car around or on the spot. Also a field ALWAYS earns you more than 4k unless you're sleeping when you get the notifications.

Hey bud, I'm all for Truckers having an increase but rather having change the payouts, you change the delivery method of the payouts. Check out my previous post here: 

. This would be a better suggestion rather than increasing the payout for rental truckers.