GR_Seb

Hotwire a vehicle!

Suggestion

Hello my friends from Eclipse Roleplay, today I would like to suggest something given the new update of Civilians being able to start the engine of LEO vehicles.
This topic is my personal view.
If you like it throw up a +1.

HOTWIRE FEATURE

unknown.png

Starting a car with arrow up and no RP without having keys seem like “Actions that are unrealistic or promote poor quality roleplay”.
Locked vehicles do not have the keys at the ignition.
So, I suggest a hotwiring script with the following parameters.

/hotwire.
*forced animation*
*X ammount of time for the loadbar to get filled*
*X type of dificullty minigame for the loadbar to get filled
*/ame is hotwiring the cables of the vehicle.
*X% of succeed and failure.

*If failure, car alarm.

Edited by Papadakis
  • Like 3
  • NAY 1

Been waiting for this for a while. Maybe lower the time needed to break into a car by 5 seconds and try to adjust both timers, picklock and hotwire, based on the rarity (server value) of the vehicle. Could make it so you need a sharp object such as knife/dagger/etc in your loadout to start hotwiring.
I personally am not a fan of the % for the hotwire to be successful and the car alarm going off. I think you should just wait for the timer and then the vehicle would start.
+1 in any case. Just make it easier than it is in the suggestion

+1 While this has been suggested mmultiple times, still think its a good idea to bring up.

Would agree with Cactus on maybe adjusting the times, but generally, you should only trigger an alarm when picklocking the vehicle, while hotwiring would be a timer without an alarm and a 100% success rate.

This would still allow people to steal cars as they can now, as it would be based on if you lock picked the car or not, but would eliminate people just jumping in and driving off in vehicles with the engine off. So no more vehicles being taken while refueling, no more farm vans stolen while storing wheat, no more vehicles being taken from the pier while the owner is storing fish etc.

• Like 1