Hector2Fingers

Allow /ram to work on interior furniture doors.

44 minutes ago, SaltyPython said:

Not to turn this into an argument, because this suggestion thread isn't exactly the place for it, but having /ram affecting interior doors DOES NOT NERF DRUG LABS. All this does is delay the inevitable - it's a quality of life improvement to prevent PD from having to play a game of having to go buy boltcutters. If SWAT is at your door, your drug lab is going. What you're asking for is something that would ACTUALLY change the dynamic completely, leading to people going around to cops and try to bait them just to get their weapons. This has been discussed time and time again, and has been deemed a bad idea over and over again.

And if you do have monstrous steel reinforced doors where you'd use explosives, it would make more sense for PD to have a forceful command that allows them to blow it up rather than using bolt cutters - it still makes no sense to force PD to go buy them.

Your argument doesn't make much sense, and seems to be driven by the fact that you want more advantages, when this is a QoL update at best. Now, let's not clutter up this thread as this is obviously turning into the 1 millionth PD vs Crim thread.

Just yesterday, IC there was a situation where a lab was reported and the fact that the doors were being boltcut gave the cook time to break down the tables and hide them and all the ingredients in a place the cops did not find... so, tell me again how it doesn't nerf drug labs?

Not replying after this as to respect the thread. Hit me up in the PMs if you still wanna talk.

See Python's Edit Below, as a criminal IC, I still want his shotgun.
Second Edit: For those of you wondering how it went down in the PMs.

WalterSorryEdit.png

Edited by jdeclue1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, jdeclue1 said:

Just yesterday, IC there was a situation where a lab was reported and the fact that the doors were being boltcut gave the cook time to break down the tables and hide them and all the ingredients in a place the cops did not find... so, tell me again how it doesn't nerf drug labs?

Not replying after this as to respect the thread. Hit me up in the PMs if you still wanna talk.

It also doesn't make much sense for heavily trained SWAT with a battering ram to take 30 mins to go out to get bolt cutters and to neatly tear the lock off.

EDIT: Talkin' in PMs, trying not to veer the thread off course. jdeclue1 is an awesome person, and I can see his point of view, but I also dislike the points he brought up, but not him as a person. Share the love!

EDIT 2: yes, completely true ^

Edited by SaltyPython
  • Like 1

I would like to revive this topic. Over two years later and Law enforcement are still running to the general store down the road from the property to buy a few bolt cutters. Things have changed and private labs don't exist in bulk like they used to, so I feel the conversation that was occurring here before isn't the same now. I can see both sides of the table here, so yes, it would be ideal to allow /ram to work for interior doors, but if the feeling is a balance is needed to open doors, than at least give law enforcement bolt cutters in faction loadout.