Wolokai142

Trading from Inventory to Inventory (Script)

Stop me if you've heard/seen this one before.

We'll use...DOC / LEO as an example.

Bringing a suspect into custody, to hand them over to DOC. You tell them you've got stuff on you that needs to go into their evidence locker. Pretty standard right? Sure. Until the conversation/scenario goes something like this:

LEO: "Can you put these gloves into John_Smith's locker please?"
DOC: "Why sure! You can just leave them on the ground."

Or,

LEO: *dumps all civilian items to be evidence logged on the ground* "Here's all his stuff."

???

I'm sure anyone who's had any interaction with anyone else in their lives doesn't particularly view people throwing things on the ground or dumping them from their pockets for -you- to pick up as 'normal'.

My suggestion is an inventory trading script, something akin to the /frisk command that allows people to trade between their inventories. Much like the trading windows you seen in MMO's, with a window where players can drop items into, and a button to confirm the trade.

Giving someone a gun, handing someone a GPS. Literally anything in the game that you can just pass to someone without dropping it on the ground like a rude butthead going "Here you go, dropped it on the ground for you." Is that normal to you? Not so much to me. I prefer my burgers 'without' sand, dirt, and pond water on them thank you.

Just a suggestion, let me know what you think.

• Upvote 7

I recently started working for DOC and it does seem kind of weird when I give people back their stuff from evidence and I'm just like "here you go" and dumps like 11 items on the ground, I would like to see maybe a certain like 'Drop Box" for said items. obviously easiest solution would be just put a wall safe near the front desk to pass items through just put items in and have the recently released inmate take them out. Same thing for PD and SD to DOC just have a wall safe or storage in the Evidence Locker room for PD or SD to put in if they feeling lazy or are super busy and do not have time to /accesslocker Firstname_Lastname. Basically just something to store items for a bit so we do not just clutter the floor.

1+ i can agree on this gun deals would be a little better cause than you don't have to drop it on the ground and someone other than you picks it up and takes it instead of droping on the ground a case or bag now u have to buy to sell a weapon so that no one knows its a weapon u dropped

Edited by NeganTrueSavior
adding a bit