Hubert

Where's The Reward For The Time and Risk of Drugs?

I am a relatively new player and have generally liked most of my experiences on this server so far; However, there's one major problem that has stopped me from progressing the way I should, and that's the crime aspect, more specifically, drug creation.

As a new player, I have spent most of my time grinding freelance jobs like the bus in hopes of finding a better source of income. After spending days getting enough money to buy a trashy apartment, I set my eyes on drug manufacturing to assumingly get a lot more money, but where do I start? I began asking and looking for equipment around the map only to find that the market for that kind of thing was almost non-existent. One day, I finally found a guy who told me he was selling the equipment, but instead of getting a smooth transaction, I was robbed for a handsome sum of money that took a lot of time to get from the boring bus job. I didn't give up yet though, after another few days of grinding and looking at my phone waiting to get a text message, I finally got a response. The guy I got it from gave me two equipment for 3 hours of the bus job. I was so excited that I got a better source of income, but the tribulations didn't stop there, more preparation was needed. I had to learn the recipes which took a lot of asking around, I had to spend another few hours worth of the bus job to get the materials and the drug cooking wear. The drive itself to do all of these things wasted a lot of time and money on gas, but once I finally made it, I was happy to get started. Me and my friend began cooking and we were surprised to see that the process would take 15 minutes, about the amount of time for one route at the bus job. We also discovered a whole heap of risk at my front door while cooking as well. Once the drugs were cooked, I was very anxious to see what my time, risk and effort made me. When I sold 2 drugs, I made 800 dollars less than one route at the bus. Imagine the immense disappointment on my face when I realized that crime literally doesn't pay when it comes to this server.

Suggestion: Instead of limiting the amount of money you can make per equipment to punish new players not part of an organization, limit the amount of equipment you can have per building to make it more challenging for veteran players apart of an organization.

I can't believe that all of that time and effort was wasted, it's not balanced and it's not realistic. In real life, people choose crime because it is easier and quicker to make a lot of money fast, but there is a high risk that comes with it. In real life, it is high risk and high reward, but on this server it seems that it is high risk and no reward.

hey mate! there is something you missed, drugs have a lot of potencial to make money, but in like every job with a product you have to be a capitalist, produce a lot of drugs and then go sell them, buy more tables to produce more at the same time and be time efficient etc... 

Multiply those 800 dollars (which is quite low price for drugs) by 5, when you use 10 tables. That's 4k every 15 minutes. If you're lucky, at some point you will be running a 20 tables setup. That's 9k every 15 minutes if you learn when and where to sell the narcotics. Take away the money for the ingredients and that's probably 28k an hour, which is about 120k every 4 hours. What I did here was just add more drug tables to your setup, multiplying the income. It is supposed to be a high risk high reward investment if eventually know what you are doing.

Why was this even posted as a suggestion?

Edited by TheCactus

2 hours ago, TheCactus said:

Multiply those 800 dollars (which is quite low price for drugs) by 5, when you use 10 tables. That's 4k every 15 minutes. If you're lucky, at some point you will be running a 20 tables setup. That's 9k every 15 minutes if you learn when and where to sell the narcotics. Take away the money for the ingredients and that's probably 28k an hour, which is about 120k every 4 hours. What I did here was just add more drug tables to your setup, multiplying the income. It is supposed to be a high risk high reward investment if eventually know what you are doing.

Thats the problem, I dont know what I'm doing. There seems, for me at least, to be a monopoly on a lot of information. Where are tables? No one sells them, I was told theres no market for them. Everyone refuses to tell me how to get them the way they would. It should be easier to get into crime, that's why people get into crime in real life. I started after days of preparation and money and it's worse than a dumb bus job, how is that possible or reallistic? 

8 hours ago, LC16 said:

hey mate! there is something you missed, drugs have a lot of potencial to make money, but in like every job with a product you have to be a capitalist, produce a lot of drugs and then go sell them, buy more tables to produce more at the same time and be time efficient etc... 

I'm sure theres potential after a few more weeks of gridning the bus job and attaining magical information about where to get equipment from people who don't want to tell me.

3 hours ago, TheCactus said:

What do you mean "Why was this even posted as a suggestion"? You have a problem with how something works, and hopefully it gets fixed they way you want it to. At the very least make information easier to obtain. Crime in general sucks to be completely honest, so far none of it has been profitable or worth the risk in the slightest.

To be honest, I wouldn't recommend for a new player to get straight into criminal RP. It takes a lot of resources to be profitable and successful. However, once you get those resources, it can be extremely profitable. As @TheCactus said, the more tables you got, the more money. Most people start off with a legal job, and then slowly drift into criminal RP. In this server specifically, "easy money" is through legal jobs, but the amount of money you earn is not much. "Hard money" is through criminal activities, but you can make a lot. The reason why you aren't seeing the reward is because you don't have many resources. Also, about the information being hard to obtain. It really depends who you talk to. Some people may tell you all the recipes and tell you who you can get stuff from. Others may not. That is just life. I believe the design of criminal RP being harder than legal RP is so that there can be more legals than criminals which makes sense. But yeah...I would recommend for you to pursue a legal job before going to criminal stuff...if you want to be successful. Build your way up! Good luck!

1 hour ago, tylxrrr said:

To be honest, I wouldn't recommend for a new player to get straight into criminal RP. It takes a lot of resources to be profitable and successful. However, once you get those resources, it can be extremely profitable. As @TheCactus said, the more tables you got, the more money. Most people start off with a legal job, and then slowly drift into criminal RP. In this server specifically, "easy money" is through legal jobs, but the amount of money you earn is not much. "Hard money" is through criminal activities, but you can make a lot. The reason why you aren't seeing the reward is because you don't have many resources. Also, about the information being hard to obtain. It really depends who you talk to. Some people may tell you all the recipes and tell you who you can get stuff from. Others may not. That is just life. I believe the design of criminal RP being harder than legal RP is so that there can be more legals than criminals which makes sense. But yeah...I would recommend for you to pursue a legal job before going to criminal stuff...if you want to be successful. Build your way up! Good luck!

To be honest, I'd rather blow my brains out than do most of the legal jobs the server has. But I appreciate the logic, it makes sense to make it like that for the server experience as a whole, but i feel like it still diminishes the indiviuals experience