Ash

Inmates phones work in prison

Date and time: 13:06 UTC 29/04/2021

Character name: Solomon Cobb

Issue/bug you are reporting: Phones in prison still work

Expected behavior:  Phones should turn off when /prison is applied to an inmate

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate: /prison someone who has a phone on, they can still use their phone to call taxi, coroner, 911 their friends and generally troll.
Phones used to auto turn off when prisoned but broke somwhere between new phone or new prison causing issues with medics or cops being called by inmates.

• Upvote 9

i can confirm that this issue is happening, i myself did use the phone for a split second icly untill someone told me that something is going on wrong and that that shouldn't be happening , i was in doc at that time for a full hour.. i did 1 phone call whitch i do apologise about but i had no clue that the case of that was a serious bug. i hope it gets fixed soon and i do hope i am not in trouble for using the phone at that moment as it was not my intention and knowlege that a bug is happening at that moment..

Edited by MistNinja

On 4/29/2021 at 2:10 PM, DrPathetic said:

Date and time: 13:06 UTC 29/04/2021

Character name: Solomon Cobb

Issue/bug you are reporting: Phones in prison still work

Expected behavior:  Phones should turn off when /prison is applied to an inmate

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate: /prison someone who has a phone on, they can still use their phone to call taxi, coroner, 911 their friends and generally troll.
Phones used to auto turn off when prisoned but broke somwhere between new phone or new prison causing issues with medics or cops being called by inmates.

How is this a bug? People can sneak phones into prison IRL and if a prisoner can sneak a phone in when being arrested in-game (via dice) then there shouldn't be an issue.

1 hour ago, Solly said:

How is this a bug? People can sneak phones into prison IRL and if a prisoner can sneak a phone in when being arrested in-game (via dice) then there shouldn't be an issue.

I don't doubt smuggling rp should be a thing, people can attempt that. But the matter reported is that EVERY inmate can use their phone in prison which is beyond unrealistic. The old behavior used to turn peoples phone off when they were prisoned, then that broke, which is why it's being reported. 
Also we have people trolling calling taxis, and 911 daily from inside prison which is absurd and never something that would happen.

3 minutes ago, DrPathetic said:

I don't doubt smuggling rp should be a thing, people can attempt that. But the matter reported is that EVERY inmate can use their phone in prison which is beyond unrealistic. The old behavior used to turn peoples phone off when they were prisoned, then that broke, which is why it's being reported. 
Also we have people trolling calling taxis, and 911 daily from inside prison which is absurd and never something that would happen.

Ahh yeah I've not been in prison for a while and the last time I was in, it turned the phone off unless it was RP'd. +1 on your post then my friend :).

• Like 1