Dashingly

The new gas system could use some tweaking.

Hey, the implementation of the new gas usage system is pretty good but could use a little bit of tweaking for some vehicles. I've heard this complaint for other vehicles, so I encourage others to post if you feel like your vehicle could use some tweaking.

I'll use an example of a vehicle that I personally use, the Bifta. The fuel consumption for the Bifta is ridiculous. You can drive at a cruise speed of 140 for about 7 minutes before you run out of fuel. Every 4ish seconds you lose 1% of fuel. This makes driving around the city and especially driving from paleto to the city feel terrible. Not only does it feel bad in game, it is also highly unrealistic. I shouldn't have to fuel up 7 times in 1 hour of driving in game. I know that the gas tank values were changed, but for the bifta this is also unrealistic. The gas tank IRL of the Meyers Manx (which the bifta is modeled off of) has a 15 gallon tank (56 liters) with 15mpg gas consumption rate. In game, it takes 20L of fuel, which is why its running out of gas so quickly. The Bifta feels unusable in its current state, unless you plan on stopping to fuel every couple of minutes and don't plan on using it for long. 

In short, my suggestion is to adjust the fuel tank/gas ratio of certain vehicles because it needs to be adjusted dramatically in some cases, such as the bifta because in it's current state it feels terrible to use.

Below is a video of me driving from High End to the toll road and back, a trip that took 5ish minutes that costed me 2/3rds of my tank. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvEE8-_ur58&feature=youtu.be

Thanks

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IAmTurtle said:

I think that some tweaks should be made but the bifta and most bikes should stay were they are. 

Can I ask why you think this should be the case? It just makes the bifta and those bikes unusable if you plan to use them as an everyday driver, not to mention, IRL the reason bikes have such small gas tanks is because they are amazing on gas mileage. For example, the ducati 848 (bati 801) gets 53mpg, which is better then every gasoline car/truck/sedan on the market.

If it's just to nerf the bikes for pursuit purposes don't you think there could be a better solution then making them have to fuel up every 30 seconds? 

I agree that vehicles should have different sized gas tanks, but the fuel consumption shouldn't be so disproportionate. Why does the police scout (based off of the ford explorer) have 5x the gas tank size of a bifta and have better gas consumption? I can drive the scout for hours getting in multiple pursuits before I need to refresh the gas tank on it, while my bifta I can drive to the store and then need to walk home because it's out of gas. It needs to be tweaked in my humble opinion. It's not fun, and more importantly it's not realistic.

• Like 1

I'm agreeing with the whole realistic part and I love it. But we should need to remember, this is a Role-Play Gaming Server, not a Realistic Play Server. More and more if the server turns into realistic the server will be unplayable and boring. This is my side of opinion, don't take this seriously! ✌️

• What if a player stuck in nowhere without fuel when mechanics/ helpers aren't around, He has only two options, logout from the game or waiting more hours for help. ( This is a game, not  real life, people come here to play roleplay servers to enjoy not for suffer)

Please reconsider some of the previous updates! 

Peace ✌️ Love ECRP ❤️

Edited by Inura Weligamage
  • Upvote 2

I agree that not all cars should be the same, each should consume different amounts and should/can be used for various things. This was implemented to offer a little balance and realism to vehicles driven.

I actually believe it should be adjusted a little, where fuel consumption is based on speed and not distance traveled, in addition to adding idle consumption. Additionally, speed should have consumption with diminishing returns, meening, the faster you drive, the more fuel you will use.

If the above is implemented, then I think the base consumption could be lessened a little, to accomodate 'good driving'.