Jay rod0004

Possible toll booth rework?

Will there ever be an update made to the toll booths that would penalize players with a higher fine for just blasting through? Working there is fun and all, but workers only get paid if people pay, and realistically, that would happen anyways. Just a thought/ suggestion. I get that it's kind of an IC issue, but real toll booths have plate readers for that specific reason, it would be just like the speed cameras in LS, if a player blows through without paying, they should get a higher fine. Technically, players should already be thinking like this, but sadly they don't. This rework would actually make them a job people might actually want to do. I get that they're policed sometimes by the Sheriff's Department, but it's not fair for an officer to be taken off of their important duties to watch an empty road, they have more important issues to worry about. I don't know where the toll money goes, but I'd imagine it's to the government? If so, this would also be a way to ensure that the government gets their appropriate revenue from these installations. Thank you for your time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

+1
if someone in the vehicle didn't /paytoll then they should get a ticket as if they blew past a speed camera. Just a simple citation that value would be higher than paying the toll. 
1*9O48AgvV4gnxicTHRGN4uQ.gif

Edited by DrPathetic

-1 As mush as I understand what you're trying to get at, there should not be a same level of tech used in toll booths as in speed traps, simply because the speed traps are there for OOC reasons, mainly to protect NCZs.

Toll booths on the other hand are not NCZs, and it would not make sense for a person to blast through a toll in a stolen car and get a ticket.

• NAY 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.