Jleoni

Gas Usage is far too high

On 12/21/2020 at 3:58 PM, Bala said:

Each vehicle now has a fuel tank size comparable to their real-life counterpart where as before that was not the case.
Each vehicle also has it's own individual MPG from their real-life counterpart. 

I know this as I was one of the people that provided the information for the tank size and the MPG.
That being said, the issue isn't necessary tank size or MPG, it's the frequency of when the fuel consumption is called in the script.

I'm not a developer, so don't take my word for it, but I would imagine that the fuel consumption will be addressed if it's unbalanced. There are just a number of bigger issues that take priority.

The values may change but the thought process behind the system won't. The more fuel efficient and bigger the tank on a vehicle, the less time between refuelling. The maths might need revisiting but the logic is solid.

VSTR (CTS-V) miles per tank: ~323
Drag (Hayabusa) miles per tank: ~190
Police Cruiser (Crown Vic Police) miles per tank: ~380 

I'm not a PD, but I am willing to bet that these ratios aren't consistent in game. Regardless, as a civilian/non-VIP driving is now prohibitively expensive/frustrating to the point that I avoid it almost entirely. You can't go anywhere without constantly worrying about being near a fuel station. No more running back to back races, or just cruising the city. If we are using the 'x4' math in the direction of increased server activity, then the values should be as follow:

VSTR: 80
Drag: 47.5
Police Cruiser: 95

These make much more sense (city to paleto is about 7mi)

This is yet another change to indirectly buff legal-faction/long-term players while nerfing new players/crims/civs, and the most oppressive yet.

Edited by Jleoni
  • Like 2

On 12/20/2020 at 11:38 PM, SLEEKMUFC said:

I don’t think it’s even a pro-gas station owner change because as far as I understand, the fuel still costs the same but the vehicles just hold a lot less. This means you might pay a few hundred dollars to refuel to 100% which just leads to having to refuel much more regularly without actually spending any more on fuel than before the change.

Not true at all, some of the faster burning cars have costs approaching cab prices in terms of $/distance traveled. This is a huge boon to gas stations, assuming players continue driving as much as they have before. 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Jleoni said:

Not true at all, some of the faster burning cars have costs approaching cab prices in terms of $/distance traveled. This is a huge boon to gas stations, assuming players continue driving as much as they have before. 

This gives new players starting at ec more reasons to just go at the pier and sit there afk fishing then to acc go drive around the city exploring and get into RP situations 

I don't know why fuel system was even messed with in the first place, as this only stands to benefits very few people, while irritating the rest of us having to constantly refuel every half hour or so is not fun. I get that they needs to be certain level of realism for RP server but the old way wasn't exactly emersion breaking.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.