Phil McGee

Cops RP of Vehicle Ejecting

I think cops need to RP dragging people from the cars a bit better. Walking up to a locked car and just pressing a key that auto types out a /me message is border line power gaming.  If thats the case why can civs not do the same? A

At the very least they should have to RP putting their baton into there hands before dragging you out. As it stands nobody is going to risk stopping and trying to bluff the cops to get out of a traffic stop , it proceeds straight to chase and no RP as they just push the magic button and you're out.  

Also what is the IC rule for traffic stops? Arent cops supposed to have a valid reason to stop you, for example you have committed a traffic offense. Also IRL some states police are not allowed to run a check on random plates at there will, they need a reason.  Its supposed to be RPing a vibrant city where you might not recognize every car you see.

Cheers

Ummm lol depends on the cop but usually we RP smashing the window and everything just depends on how the criminal is acting rp wise that's why it has an auto \me because not eweveryone rps good and if the person isn't rping well yeah we are going to use it without better rp. So I don't think it should be changed

Edited by Cooksley

Lead by example, I have never personally seen any cop RP using a baton to grab somebody out of the car. I've seen cops with nothing in their hands doing it. I think it should be a requirement as 90% of cops will not voluntarily RPing using a baton, or /me a resist. 

So why should the civs put themselves in the position of falling prey to a power gaming copper, I know im certainly not going to put myself in that situation? Hence RP and interactions are going to take a hit. Not to mention the fact there isnt even an animation to go with the magic me/ Im teleporting you out. 

Look what you guys also don't get is that we as pd if you are a cop we are held to the highest standards of rp. So if you obviously think there should be better rp then don't bring it here to suggestions take it to internal affairs for pd. This is the most common mistake between the pd and the civs. If you feel like an officer is not rping like they should be report them to internal affairs I guarentee you they will be delt with. Just have good evidence and show that you where obviously willing to rp. Because they are an officer because they showed over top to during training so please go through the right channels and spread the word. Because its not fair to us both ways if that mechanic is not on trust me. Do this and it gets delt with if you just sit here say how its unfair and complain at the pd as a whole nothing will happen. 

Edited by Cooksley

People are waiting up to 5 weeks to get any response through those channels. If they are lucky enough to get one at all. I am not saying remove the command, I am saying RP the command properly. Not just going up to car with your bare hands and smashing the glass and ripping somebody from a locked car, its nonsense behavior.

Like I said that will be character wise so take it up with IA and ill be volunteering myself hopefully they will accept me because IA needs to be top priorty in my opinion to keep the bickering down to a minimal so everyone can have fun and not have it get ruined by one person 

I wouldn't say that every cop does it.

I've only used the command twice, the first time, all I did was pull out the baton and smash the window, but after a discussion about it, I let the guy go because we both felt my RP was not up to standard. The second time, I went through the full procedure of pulling out the baton and swinging it at the window, then while I was typing the "/do Does the window break?", the guy drove away. It's kind of a lose-lose command.

Maybe if there were proper ways to have it done, and I honestly have no idea on what those ways could be. The only time the command will ever result in good things is if the RP is perfect on both ends and the criminal isnt afraid to lose a little.