Arrta

16:3 ratio screen res and issues with UI and F6 menus

Date and time (provide timezone): Multiple, including today at 8am

Character name: Julia Ohara

Issue/bug you are reporting: When using a 12:3 screen ratio (triple monitor screen res) the UI is all messed up. Not only does the chat window display on the far left screen, the personal and vehicle info displays on the far right. This includes things like trucking load numbers, and phone as well.
A second issue with this ratio is that the F6 menu displays improperly. When I went to use the credits I purchased to pay for VIP I found that the 1, 3, and 6 month options would not highlight. I was able to click on 12 and 24 however. Additionally the import and pet windows behaved improperly as well. You are unable to scroll through the available cars and pets because of the UI issues
as well.
One final thing is that at 12:3 the numbers for players are not over their heads, making it slightly difficult to see who is who, and who is talking.

Expected behavior:  When playing at 5760x1080, which is a triple monitor version of 1920x1080, I would expect that the UI and F6 menu would display exactly the same as at 1920x1080.

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate

The current UI is not designed to support an extremely wide resolution, but it will attempt to scale itself if the ratio remains +-2:1 (more or less).

and this comes out to 16:3 so that sucks.. I moved to 1920x1080 for now. If you wouldn't mind privately sharing some of the code around the screen positioning of the GUI I could attempt to fix it so it would work at any triple monitor setup. If not, I'm ok with 1920 for now.

Edited by ArrtaMyrdhyn

and this comes out to 16:3 so that sucks.. I moved to 1920x1080 for now. If you wouldn't mind privately sharing some of the code around the screen positioning of the GUI I could attempt to fix it so it would work at any triple monitor setup. If not, I'm ok with 1920 for now.

you can move to 2560x1080 aswell (21:9). Only thing is in the furniture store you can't always see the full design on certain walls or lights due to the height, but for the rest its 100% compatible.
Personally using an ultra wide monitor (21:9) since the beginning I play on here and haven't fount UI issues really. Only downside is the UI like Speed, food and water being far in the corner, where the UI of GTA itself purposely does not move to the corner so you dont have to turn your head as seen in here with the map: f072ad1913e36e1934464df33cf43299.jpg

It seems like the positioning of ECRP's UI is based on the outside edges of the resolution.
I (as an IC mechanic) had people reporting issues with the /modview menu not being fully visible with certain resolutions when modding a vehicle with many mods (Like Elegy retro). They had to change resolution to be able to see all available mods. I think it was the 4:3 resolution that had this issue.

Edited by Yputi