Harley

Vote/Poll System on new updates.

First of all I wanna start this post by saying I greatly appreciate the work the developers put into Eclipse. I understand the difficult work you have to go through and I appreciate that you do it for the community.

That being said, I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that you're a little out of touch with some of the community, take the latest update for example.

So I thought maybe a good idea would be for the developers to be more open with the community about their roadmap or development plan and allow the community to vote to decide which new update/development is made first.

For example each week/month/2months NBDY posts a poll on Discord or the Forums with a list of a few things that he is working on or is planning on working on in the next few months. The community can then share their thoughts, opinions and preference for what feature comes first.
For example:
"Hey @everyone here is this month's development poll. Please vote on your favourite features"

• Phone Overhaul
  • Crim Update (ATM Robberies, Drug Dealer, etc)
  • Painkillers 2.0
  • Turfs

This way the community can decide what features are best to be implimented sooner. This poll can then be used to show which suggestions have been recognised and considered for the roadmap.

Obviously this idea would not work for things like bug fixes or big development jobs that need months to fix, like the VOIP bugs we all know and hate since the 1.1 update, so bug fixes would not be part of these feature votes, but physical features that just improve the quality of life of the server, should be up to the people who live on it.

Thanks for reading & considering.

- A Very Enthusastic Player

• Upvote 4

While this is a good idea, I believe the developers need... 'creative freedom' when it comes to what they're already, currently working on. This way they can focus on what they want to work on, verses losing motivation on something that may be more difficult or more important to the community. We've made a lot of progress lately and it's been amazing and there's a lot of great ideas for the future, we just have to be patient and supportive. Time is the enemy of everything.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.