Tavi

Police squad car speeds

Hi all,

I wanted to raise the suggestion of raising the top speed slightly of the various Police cruisers (crown vic, dodge & taurus). I think i speak for most of the LSPD here on this topic, when we are involved in a chase with a suspect, the majority of the time unless the suspect is driving a truck or some other heavy duty vehicle they will escape and never be caught. Even people in vehicles such as the Issi or a Warrener can give us a good run for our money and i honestly don't think it's our driving skills if the whole department can't catch up to people :(

My proposal therefore would be to increase the top speed slightly of the cruisers so we can at least hold our own against standard vehicles. Supercars e.t.c i can understand of course.

^whether or not this is possible for you or not i don't know, and even writing this i can understand arguments you may present against this however this is simply my own personal view. I would be interested to see what others think so please get involved if you agree / disagree.

(You are probably thinking why don't you just get a Police heli, discussing this on SUnday at our meeting however even then i don't think it will solve it completely, i'd use the Ford Crown Vic 100% of the time if it was more capable in a chase :()

Thanks all!

Elliott Morris, LSPD Policeman Officer.

• Upvote 1

I agree with Tavi, call me biased, but when a soviet era hatchback is able to even match us, something is terribly wrong. Sure the police IRL have all sorts of material at their disposal, but irl they also have a lot more manpower.

On this server however, people do this for sport, and because it is becoming more and more clear that they can just drive off, it is a problem that is becoming increasingly harder to deal with.

Here's a link that shows some of the benchmarks of the police cruisers of today.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/ford-s-pursuit-vehicles-ranked-highest-in-police-department-testing-ar171896.html

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/msp/2016PreliminaryResults_501789_7.pdf

So if you think IRL, the only thing cops drive around in are old crown-victoria's, you're very wrong.

I ran in a normal muscle car that would be way faster then a cop car and they were all over me. Do the cops really need it to be easier? BTW proof of them being all over me is on Richard Vanes latest police chase video! Super cars should be able to out run a normal cop car like it was sitting still I think.

I ran in a normal muscle car that would be way faster then a cop car and they were all over me. Do the cops really need it to be easier? BTW proof of them being all over me is on Richard Vanes latest police chase video! Super cars should be able to out run a normal cop car like it was sitting still I think.

"I ran in a normal muscle car that would be way faster than a cop car"

I think you must be choking on something, you're driving a buccaneer, which according to the wikia is roughly based on a vehicle from the 1960's*. This isn't a thread where Tavi, or any other IG officer for that matter, is whining about losing a criminal in a car chase. What we're getting at is that it should be possible to catch most average and above-average vehicles, which currently, it isn't.

"Super cars should be able to out run a normal cop car like it was sitting still I think."

Sure, I agree an actual supercar wouldn't have trouble outrunning a police vehicle. The biggest issue is that, in real life, while a car may be able to outrun the police, the drivers usually don't want to, because that means going to speeds of around 2-300k/mh, and there's this thing called fear, that kicks in at one point when you're going so fast that everything outside just seems like a blurred mess. That factor is completely removed when you're sitting in the comfort of your room, behind a screen. Even if you were to crash and do 2 or 3 flips, you're still able to keep driving, and most, if not all, choose to. I am not saying that we should make the server 100% realistic, but we should atleast attempt to make it balanced.

* Source:

http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Buccaneer

• Upvote 1

We have done multiple testing with vehicles...it's your FPS guys and not the capability of the cruiser it self. Therefore its the GTA Network. I can outrun a Nero with a pd cruiser... But I have 60 fps in my game.

I can't confirm that, but I have heard the same thing many from other sources - higher FPS lets you go faster, also a player's story mode save will affect his performance in GTA:N if, for example, if he has high driving skill in his save game, he may do better in GTA:N too.