Vubey

Bank heist reset timer

VEj7f1U.jpg

They made a mini update about bank heists and changed that you can see how much minutes are left before you can rob the bank, but they also REMOVED access for admins to reset the bank heist timer.

[Fleeca] Added ability to check if bank can be robbed without the chance of triggering the alarm

I mean now you can know when is the next robbery available without aiming your weapon at the bank clerk which is a good thing. This is a cool little update but whats not cool is that theres is a timer now telling when is the next robbery.

So now people are metagaming the timer and as soon as the timer is about to end there is already 10vehicles driving around banks. And then they Non Rply go in without any plans and 5minutes later run away because cops showed up and this resets the timer again. Remember that realistically banks would be populated by people and if they saw a bunch of vehicles driving around they would instantly call the police for the suspicious activity.

ZMasyWe.jpg

xt0Qkyb.jpg

Heck people are robbing banks with their main clothes, same tattoos and everything, they are not even trying to hide their identity. Basically banks became like stores but with bigger pay. Like people just go in without thinking and just wish they are lucky and get away with the money, if they are unlucky and police come they just escape with their sports cars and repeat the same thing 3hours later.

But the big problem comes here. What about the people who are actually prepared and want to rob a bank providing good rp? They can litterly do nothing as the banks are always on cooldown timer or theres already 10vehicles Non Rply driving around bank.

My suggestion is to bring back so admins can reset the heist timer for people who are actually prepared and have a really good plan. This would similarly work like jailbreaks, you would make /report 1 and ask for bank robbery consent. And if a moderator responds and sees that these people will actually provide a really good rp then he could reset the timer and let them rob a bank.

Edited by Vubey
  • Like 2

+1 It's an excellent idea however I agree with asking for admin perms to rob a bank to show actual Role-play is involved. Rather than just grinding all the banks with a 10 man group every time a timer hit's 0. It's a fantastic opportunity to role-play but I just dont think many people are using it as that, i'd say it's more of a easy money grind than anything, similar to stores except with a couple more steps to reach the loot.

Edited by Gappy
  • Like 1

I do think the addition of varying payouts depending on amount of officers on duty will help solve the 'farming' of the heists, we just need more time spent with the system to see how it works out.  -1 for now, but if it remains an issue I believe the best bet would be to make unrealistic bank heists nonrp.  

But adding reset timer won't effect anyone and they already had the script for it so they can do it pretty easily. Imagine robbing a bank with a sick plan only knowing your plan will never work as theres always New Players or other people who drive around banks unrealistically and just smash and grab banks. Banks are not meant to be smashed and grabed, that only works for jewelry and general stores.

12 hours ago, Vubey said:

VEj7f1U.jpg

They made a mini update about bank heists and changed that you can see how much minutes are left before you can rob the bank, but they also REMOVED access for admins to reset the bank heist timer.

[Fleeca] Added ability to check if bank can be robbed without the chance of triggering the alarm

I mean now you can know when is the next robbery available without aiming your weapon at the bank clerk which is a good thing. This is a cool little update but whats not cool is that theres is a timer now telling when is the next robbery.

So now people are metagaming the timer and as soon as the timer is about to end there is already 10vehicles driving around banks. And then they Non Rply go in without any plans and 5minutes later run away because cops showed up and this resets the timer again. Remember that realistically banks would be populated by people and if they saw a bunch of vehicles driving around they would instantly call the police for the suspicious activity.

ZMasyWe.jpg

xt0Qkyb.jpg

Heck people are robbing banks with their main clothes, same tattoos and everything, they are not even trying to hide their identity. Basically banks became like stores but with bigger pay. Like people just go in without thinking and just wish they are lucky and get away with the money, if they are unlucky and police come they just escape with their sports cars and repeat the same thing 3hours later.

But the big problem comes here. What about the people who are actually prepared and want to rob a bank providing good rp? They can litterly do nothing as the banks are always on cooldown timer or theres already 10vehicles Non Rply driving around bank.

My suggestion is to bring back so admins can reset the heist timer for people who are actually prepared and have a really good plan. This would similarly work like jailbreaks, you would make /report 1 and ask for bank robbery consent. And if a moderator responds and sees that these people will actually provide a really good rp then he could reset the timer and let them rob a bank.

this situation you show was not a bank robbery and once the investigation was concluded we was let free

38 minutes ago, reeceobz said:

this situation you show was not a bank robbery and once the investigation was concluded we was let free

I even saw them pointing guns at the bank clerks because of how obvious they were. Like people don't know how to rob banks and they think they work like stores.

31 minutes ago, Vubey said:

Im not gonna post videos of you robbing the bank and setting off the alarm. Go back to the topic and I woud love to hear your opinion.

At that particular scene there was just 10 people sat in the lobby talking with empty inventories, SWAT stormed the place shortly after bcos they thought a bank robbery was ongoing, when SWAT entered they were aiming weapons which triggered the NPCs to set off the alarm thus triggering the heist.

55 minutes ago, Hoxton_Curry said:

I robbed 3-4 banks now, most without cops without even noticing and i have a few suggestions

- PD shouldn't be able to see when a bank is robbable
- The 4-5 hours timer should not reset only because they aimed guns and the alarm went off because randoms keep coming to these banks and setting the alarm off instantly and because of that no one else can touch the bank for 5 hours, the timer should go off only if they managed to open the vault door
- In the images you provided, SWAT set off the alarm by aiming at the clekrs and this shouldnt be a thing either

+1, I agree fully, the timer should only get started if/when the vault door or the clerk-door is opened and equally PD should not just start camping a bank once the timer goes down so to prevent this from happening PD should not see the timer.

• Like 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.