Osiris810

This server is hell for new players

*DISCLAIMER*

I'm not posting this thread because I want some petty revenge. I'm posting this because I want this server to be better for everyone, especially new players. Don't get me wrong I love playing on this server but it desperately needs change. Feel free to disagree with me but if your not a new player then you really don't know what this is like. This thread has three sections covering what is wrong with the server, why these things are happening, and what can be done to fix the problem.

*What makes this server so hostile to new players?*

Not to be dramatic but new players are systematically oppressed on this server. It's actually quite impressive and realistic that this server has a poverty cycle. The first problem that this server has is a specific group of players that exploit new players. This isn't a report so I won't give any details about the group or provide evidence of their rule breaking. (There isn't evidence, you'll find out why later.) But I will describe what they are doing. First they hunt down new players and ask them if they want to buy a gun for 7k. They specifically ask for 7k because that is all of the money that a new player spawns with. Next they take the new player to a secluded area and if you are lucky they take your money without giving you anything and they leave. However, if you are unlucky this group will steal all of your clothes, your GPS, your food, literally everything you have, cut your hair and make you withdraw all of your money from an atm. If you haven't read the rules (like a lot of new players) you should know that every single part of this situation was against the rules. The new player is left with absolutely nothing and most likely quits, never to be seen again. Unfortunately this isn't everything that new players have to deal with. It is next to impossible for new players to meet experienced players that will help them learn the server. "Just ask any gang and they'll help you out." This is completely false. Most old players won't even talk to new players let alone recruit them. Instead they call the new players "numbers" and roast them for being poor. So if no one will help you become a criminal what do you do? Most likely you grind a mind-numbing legal job for hours until you realize you could just get a job in real life and quit the server. Or maybe you decide to get your own crew of other new players together to try and rob a convenience store with the single gun your group can afford. Maybe it will work at first until you get robbed right outside of the convince store for everything you have while the cops are on the way. If you get arrested you have to spend hours in a jail that has no rp and you can't go afk. Either way you're probably going to be trapped in the desert for an eternity because old players don't give new players rides, taxis don't come out that far, and all of the rentals are empty. Almost every situation a new player gets into is 1 step forward and 2 steps back. If you manage to raise enough money to buy a car and head to the low end market you will find cars like the warrener selling at 15k when the person selling it bought it for 10k at the dealership. So your not only making less money then old players but your also paying more for the things you need. Also tickets really only serve to drain money from new players. Old players know where to slow down and they know that they don't really have to pay the tickets but new players don't know and get hit with speed traps less then a second apart from each other. Since old players don't talk to new players they are forced to buy a gun legally so they have to pay the tickets to be able to protect themselves.  If you are a new player riding a motorcycle people will "accidentally" crash into you hoping that you will be injured so that they can take almost everything you own and ride off on your bike and ditch it on the other side of the map. I hope you can see how this server is hell for new players next I will go over the reasons why this stuff happens.

*Why is this happening to new players?*

Well its because they are new players. They haven't read the rules thoroughly so experienced players can easily take advantage of them. The new players trust that the situation was perfectly normal because they don't know any better. Additionally they don't know that they should be recording at all times for evidence. These two things mean that there is never any evidence of the rule breaking and the player will usually give up after that so, why should they bother? The people doing this get even wealthier while their victims are left with absolutely nothing. Do you ever wonder why there are so many bald people in their underwear running around? I kind of understand why the old players would want the new players to leave the server, this server is way too overcrowded. There isn't enough stuff for people to do besides grinding. Even the old players have ran out of stuff to do that is why they start fucking over new players out of "boredom". The gangs control all of the drug labs and chop shops, they rob players that are robbing convenience stores and they steal from players doing legal jobs. How are new players supposed to make money? There is a higher demand driving all the prices in the city up but new players have never made so little money in this server's history. Basically, new players get exploited without even realizing which is their fault but they really shouldn't be targeted in this way.

*What should be done about it?*

First, we need a new player to get evidence of the group's rule breaking so they can be permanently banned from the server. I doubt this will happen because like I said new players don't record game play or know that they were exploited. This server also needs a better rule quiz to make sure that new players know how to not be exploited minutes after joining. Players should have the GPS by default and they shouldn't be forced to shave their head or run around naked. The massive (( NEW PLAYER )) tag should be removed and instead new players shouldn't even be able to accept a frisk unless they have a weapon and even then they shouldn't be robbed for all their cash by a group that massively outnumbers them, and is probably worth 1000x what the new player is worth. Players that have been robbed shouldn't be able to be robbed again for 2 hours. Speed traps should be removed, we have police for a reason why don't they pull people over themselves, I drive by cops going 100 in an 80 zone while running a red light all the time and they do nothing about they just sit at the light. And more traffic stops would make for better rp like if you got pulled over while speeding and you had an inventory of drugs. If you work at a legal job long enough you should be given a raise and eventually a promotion where you do a variant of the job. This would give more incentive to work the extremely boring legal jobs. There also needs to be better transportation between the desert and the city. The drug system needs to rollback to when 1 weed would take a few seconds to make instead of 5 minutes  and there should be more drug lab locations available or at least make it so they can't be camped by massive gangs. Old players need to take new players more seriously, they make fun of new players for being inexperienced yet refuse to help them learn. I mean of course they'll be gone in less then a week because of they way they are treated. Maybe if you helped them out they would stick around and provide for some good rp. We need more moderators to compensate for the servers over population, most tickets go unanswered for a while because the current staff is overworked. There should be more apartments and the prices of apartments and cars should be controlled to plus or minus a percentage of the assets actual value. Hopefully these changes are put into action or at least considered because this sever is borderline unplayable for new players. Thanks for reading.

• Like 1
  • NAY 1
  • Upvote 1

-1 and here's why

All of the old players went through this. The vast majority of players on the server started out trying to find some people to do some crim stuff with, ended up getting jumped by a gang and losing everything. When I first joined, I had close to nothing and found another random new player. We went around and tried the whole make drugs thing after we got showed around and ended up getting robbed. Repeatedly. We ended up joining a rather new gang, got in fights with the bigger gangs a lot and lost most of our stuff all the time because we were trying to fight them. Most of us had to fish to make our money just so we could buy a gun and try again. But also the RP of it all is what its all about. 

I get you don't want to do the "legal work" but almost all of us at some point decided thats what we were going to do at least a little bit to make some sort of money. All of the legal faction jobs offer good amounts of money and RP  and they give you the promotions and variation of jobs that you are talking about, along with the other ways to make money if you prefer fishing/mining with friends and such. Speed traps, while I hate them, were necessary because people were driving extremely unrealistically all over the city. Prices should remain how they are, determined by the market. 

The New Player doesn't need to change, it allows the majority of us to know when someone is breaking a minor rule, we can just explain to them rather than going to reports and help teach them. Getting rid of it is not going to help any gang recruit you, as all gangs have XP minimums that you have to provide. 

The only part I do agree with is getting evidence against whatever group is doing what you're claiming they are doing. 

• Upvote 1

-1 you're supposed to read the rules before and if you miss out on stuff, that's unfortunately on you. I remember going through the cycle of grinding then getting a gun then getting robbed, it built character for my crim alt.

u r right about the economy part. in samp servers with 10hours of work u could get enough $$ for a decent car.. not a supercar tho.

here its like a farmville stimulation 😄 work work work work .... ive been doing jobs non stop myself to get an apartment and 2 cars. havent really roleplayed more than 10h out of 200+h    but its a good server once u get going..

robbing ppl wont make u rich trust me

new players lack guidance, more detailed info should be provided in /help, they make them dependent on other people for info, while this doesn't always work.. also all the exploits can be prevented by simply " you are not allowed to search new player's inventory", " you are not allowed to frisk" etc,, simple scripts for all possible exploits, gangbangers should not do that as you know, we wish to grow the community and not stagnate it..

I think the server now is much friendlier for new players, but i agree that it needs better guidance for them. Some kind of tutorial or just having some practical tests vs just the quiz.

Additionally, i think a lot of new players put themselves in a bad spot, as the first thing they do when they join a server is just go an commit crimes. This is something new players need to understand has major consequences for your character down the line, but people do not understand this, which is why as PD we deal with a lot of new players that are likely on their 1st/2nd day and are already committing crimes and breaking rules. Being a criminal is difficult not only due to how it is IC, but due to you being faced with a lot more OOC rules that you have to know.

My personal experience for when i started was to do legal stuff first, it helped me to get to know the way the city works, work my way through how RP works and get a better understanding of how the rules work, as i had to face a lot less of them due to being legal. But a lot of players go criminal from minute 1, which leads to early admin logs and opportunities that you can no longer take advantage of unless you make a new character.

The problem with the economy, is that the server lacks any kind of money sinks, so the server just constantly creates more and more money, making everything more and more expensive. Until money sinks are added, the gap between new players and old players will just keep increasing. 

i agree to some points but i disagree to most of your points.

points i disagree with :

1) of course there is a grind, even in real life when you first get a job you struggle to pay stuff and then with time you get firm and eclipse roleplay is made to be realistic as possible therefore like it or not you grind if you wanna flex. or buy donator cars and support the server via irl cash which is another option.

2) even experienced players get scammed on guns, the rules already protects new players from robbery rules etc so if your firm with your rules you can talk to them on /b and if it goes further you can always head to the forums which will get them punished.

3) its quite normal for players to buy from dealership and put it on market for higher price to make some easy money. i mean my cousin did that for a living irl so cant complain its just that you need to use your brain to compare prices and get whats best for you

4)each human is different and you need to understand it. there is alot of people willing to give out hand to the new players and help them and guide them and not everyone is in the mood to help like you say , If everyone is willing to help the world would be a better place with no war no food shortage etc lol.

5) if you really put effort into the game and want to learn about it , there are alot of guides like zezs youtube videos on how to approach a gang, how to earn , how to rp etc.

the only thing i agree with :

1) grind has become the thing now and not much want to roleplay, but there is a group of people who is always willing to rp 🙂

*DISCLAIMER*

I'm not posting this thread because I want some petty revenge. I'm posting this because I want this server to be better for everyone, especially new players. Don't get me wrong I love playing on this server but it desperately needs change. Feel free to disagree with me but if your not a new player then you really don't know what this is like. This thread has three sections covering what is wrong with the server, why these things are happening, and what can be done to fix the problem.

*What makes this server so hostile to new players?*

Not to be dramatic but new players are systematically oppressed on this server. It's actually quite impressive and realistic that this server has a poverty cycle. The first problem that this server has is a specific group of players that exploit new players. This isn't a report so I won't give any details about the group or provide evidence of their rule breaking. (There isn't evidence, you'll find out why later.) But I will describe what they are doing. First they hunt down new players and ask them if they want to buy a gun for 7k. They specifically ask for 7k because that is all of the money that a new player spawns with. Next they take the new player to a secluded area and if you are lucky they take your money without giving you anything and they leave. However, if you are unlucky this group will steal all of your clothes, your GPS, your food, literally everything you have, cut your hair and make you withdraw all of your money from an atm. If you haven't read the rules (like a lot of new players) you should know that every single part of this situation was against the rules. The new player is left with absolutely nothing and most likely quits, never to be seen again. Unfortunately this isn't everything that new players have to deal with. It is next to impossible for new players to meet experienced players that will help them learn the server. "Just ask any gang and they'll help you out." This is completely false. Most old players won't even talk to new players let alone recruit them. Instead they call the new players "numbers" and roast them for being poor. So if no one will help you become a criminal what do you do? Most likely you grind a mind-numbing legal job for hours until you realize you could just get a job in real life and quit the server. Or maybe you decide to get your own crew of other new players together to try and rob a convenience store with the single gun your group can afford. Maybe it will work at first until you get robbed right outside of the convince store for everything you have while the cops are on the way. If you get arrested you have to spend hours in a jail that has no rp and you can't go afk. Either way you're probably going to be trapped in the desert for an eternity because old players don't give new players rides, taxis don't come out that far, and all of the rentals are empty. Almost every situation a new player gets into is 1 step forward and 2 steps back. If you manage to raise enough money to buy a car and head to the low end market you will find cars like the warrener selling at 15k when the person selling it bought it for 10k at the dealership. So your not only making less money then old players but your also paying more for the things you need. Also tickets really only serve to drain money from new players. Old players know where to slow down and they know that they don't really have to pay the tickets but new players don't know and get hit with speed traps less then a second apart from each other. Since old players don't talk to new players they are forced to buy a gun legally so they have to pay the tickets to be able to protect themselves.  If you are a new player riding a motorcycle people will "accidentally" crash into you hoping that you will be injured so that they can take almost everything you own and ride off on your bike and ditch it on the other side of the map. I hope you can see how this server is hell for new players next I will go over the reasons why this stuff happens.

*Why is this happening to new players?*

Well its because they are new players. They haven't read the rules thoroughly so experienced players can easily take advantage of them. The new players trust that the situation was perfectly normal because they don't know any better. Additionally they don't know that they should be recording at all times for evidence. These two things mean that there is never any evidence of the rule breaking and the player will usually give up after that so, why should they bother? The people doing this get even wealthier while their victims are left with absolutely nothing. Do you ever wonder why there are so many bald people in their underwear running around? I kind of understand why the old players would want the new players to leave the server, this server is way too overcrowded. There isn't enough stuff for people to do besides grinding. Even the old players have ran out of stuff to do that is why they start fucking over new players out of "boredom". The gangs control all of the drug labs and chop shops, they rob players that are robbing convenience stores and they steal from players doing legal jobs. How are new players supposed to make money? There is a higher demand driving all the prices in the city up but new players have never made so little money in this server's history. Basically, new players get exploited without even realizing which is their fault but they really shouldn't be targeted in this way.

*What should be done about it?*

First, we need a new player to get evidence of the group's rule breaking so they can be permanently banned from the server. I doubt this will happen because like I said new players don't record game play or know that they were exploited. This server also needs a better rule quiz to make sure that new players know how to not be exploited minutes after joining. Players should have the GPS by default and they shouldn't be forced to shave their head or run around naked. The massive (( NEW PLAYER )) tag should be removed and instead new players shouldn't even be able to accept a frisk unless they have a weapon and even then they shouldn't be robbed for all their cash by a group that massively outnumbers them, and is probably worth 1000x what the new player is worth. Players that have been robbed shouldn't be able to be robbed again for 2 hours. Speed traps should be removed, we have police for a reason why don't they pull people over themselves, I drive by cops going 100 in an 80 zone while running a red light all the time and they do nothing about they just sit at the light. And more traffic stops would make for better rp like if you got pulled over while speeding and you had an inventory of drugs. If you work at a legal job long enough you should be given a raise and eventually a promotion where you do a variant of the job. This would give more incentive to work the extremely boring legal jobs. There also needs to be better transportation between the desert and the city. The drug system needs to rollback to when 1 weed would take a few seconds to make instead of 5 minutes  and there should be more drug lab locations available or at least make it so they can't be camped by massive gangs. Old players need to take new players more seriously, they make fun of new players for being inexperienced yet refuse to help them learn. I mean of course they'll be gone in less then a week because of they way they are treated. Maybe if you helped them out they would stick around and provide for some good rp. We need more moderators to compensate for the servers over population, most tickets go unanswered for a while because the current staff is overworked. There should be more apartments and the prices of apartments and cars should be controlled to plus or minus a percentage of the assets actual value. Hopefully these changes are put into action or at least considered because this sever is borderline unplayable for new players. Thanks for reading.

funny how some people saying this is a bad suggestion while being part of a group that does this kinda thing lol. i agree mostly aside from a couple things. 

Agree: "This server also needs a better rule quiz to make sure that new players know how to not be exploited minutes after joining". i strongly agree with this. i started last summer and got scammed by someone at the bank. they told me ooc that people are not allowed to scam new players and not to worry. being new and assuming scams were rare i took the bait line and sinker. of course it was also at the bank so i couldnt do anything anyway. 

Agree: Players should have the GPS by default. Disagree: and they shouldn't be forced to shave their head or run around naked. thats part of the rp and i dont think should be changed. 

Disagree: "The massive (( NEW PLAYER )) tag should be removed and instead new players shouldn't even be able to accept a frisk unless they have a weapon and even then they shouldn't be robbed for all their cash by a group that massively outnumbers them, and is probably worth 1000x what the new player is worth" problem is that people could exploit this if they are new and know what they are doing if they watched guides or anything like that before joining

Agree and Disagree:  "Speed traps should be removed" i think static speed traps should be removed and only certain cops with permissions could set these up and only for a limited amount of time. the cop would also have to sit at the speed trap of very close by

Agree: f you work at a legal job long enough you should be given a raise and eventually a promotion where you do a variant of the job. This would give more incentive to work the extremely boring legal jobs.

Disagree:  "The drug system needs to rollback to when 1 weed would take a few seconds to make instead of 5 minutes" 5 mins is a bit much and i agree it needs to be rolled back somewhat. i think more like 30-45 seconds for weed would make sense. if its too easy to do, people will do only that. Agree: "and there should be more drug lab locations available or at least make it so they can't be camped by massive gangs." i think there should be 10-18 labs ranging from paleto and most in ls. the ones in ls would be in random ai created rv's and when entered they act as a static lab. 

Agree:  "Old players need to take new players more seriously, they make fun of new players for being inexperienced yet refuse to help them learn." i see people ask very basic questions all the time that for new people would help them alot (where is a gas station? where do i pay a ticket? where can i get a job?) but people tell them to just f off. even some gangs do this that ive seen. agree with the rest except for the car control. new players can go to a dealership and check/buy them there but i dont think it breaks the game

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.