Trenix

Stricter Server Vetting

With so many players coming from the epic store, would be a good idea to make the vetting process more thorough. I'm not sure how it is currently, but I assume you're still required to take a simple quiz, which people can just record the answers and give to others. In my opinion and from what other servers are doing, you should make an application which has to be approved in order to be whitelisted. No multiple choice, just open ended questions where someone who actually read the rules and what roleplaying is about, would easily be able to answer them. A player who is willing to put effort into the application, will be more likely to understand the rules and become an actual roleplayer on the server.

My experience on the server and from what I'm reading on the forums, is quite concerning. People are playing the server for the wrong reasons and have no regard to the rules whatsoever. I guarantee that if the process took 1-2 days, most non-rp players would turn away, whereas now they're just making it hell for us RPers. Quality rather than quantity, otherwise this server is just like GTA Online with more players and different features.

Edited by Trenix
  • Like 3

I agree, I'm pretty shocked at the level of RP being produced currently from people who are past having the new player tag. I had to teach someone with 13k XP how to respond to /mes and /dos the other day. It's clear a fair few new players are copying answers from others.

• Like 1

Here are some questions you guys should seriously ask before you let people in the server.

"Explain in detail how you would attempt a robbery, both towards another player or business."

A real rper would know how to properly rob within the game and it would test their knowledge about the rules. It's a very difficult question and that's the point. I get it that many people aren't going to be professionals, but we also don't want people getting on and breaking rules. You also know damn well that this is the main thing majority of players want to do once they enter the server anyway. So make sure they know how to do it, before they try it.

"What does roleplay mean to you?"

Another answer that would weed out players who think this is GTA Online. Many people, as an example by the forums and in-game, don't even know what RP even means. They don't even know what they're RPing as. Instead they keep saying they "want to have fun" and don't want the server to be based off of "real life".

Edited by Trenix

I agree. Sometimes it is very demotivating to roleplay with a new player be it in a simple taxi ride or processing at prison just because so many fail to be able to roleplay and often mix IC and OOC. While we're often told to be patient and teach new players, if they pass the quiz then they should already know IC, OOC, /me, /do, I get teaching extra commands but those things they should already know.

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.