Franci_King

a REAL trucking job

idea copied from a lot of samp  rp servers that i played a shitton back in the day.

So: why not make a trucking job like the post op with random deliveries, in random places of the map. players can use the company or bring their own trucks. 

Deliveries can be legal or illegal. the product bonuses apply only for illegal deliveries: for legal ones you only get the money % bonus upon skill level up.

Skill level 2/5: after first 50 deliveries you level up which give you an extra 10 percent $ per delivery.

Skill level 3/5: after an extra 100: another 5%bonus $ + a product bonus for illegal deliveries. if you are delivering weapons you have 2% chance to win a gun, in this rank = the trashy pistol. 

Skill level 4/5: after another extra 100: 5% bonus $ + product bonus: for e.g: this time you r delivering drugs,, upon ending the transport you gain 1 gram of whatever you are transporting. gun drop if delivering guns should be a combat pistol. 

Skill level 5/5: after another 200 deliveries: 10%bonus $+ product bonus: for drugs  2gram/delivery, and for guns the chance to win a gun upon arrival which should be a heavy pistol or even less chance for a .50, but possible since this is the max rank.

this would add a lot of diversity and add more routine checks for cops too xD 

• Upvote 1

+1 all day long, as someone who uses the trucking job all the time, it angers me how the system works, the owners of the business’s most of the time shaft all of us with poor paying but high effort jobs, I choose purposely to ignore them to teach them a lesson, but then I always wish there was other stuff to do, it feels like the only option is to be taken advantage of, I wish there was scripted trucking jobs to do in the meantime; 2 types of jobs, 1 which pays lower but is more local in the city, and the other one which pays more but requires you to travel further outside the city, therefore I wouldn’t feel and many others feel like the only way to earn money while trucking is to let yourself get screwed over, like most legal jobs, most of them either pay extremely low or favour particular people, this needs to be changed.

Edited by ITZ_THE_F0NZ

The current system works fine, giving competition between truckers as irl.

You’d also have to make a way to be able to stop the scripted jobs so you can take the store jobs.

And the illegal shipments are just plain bad idea, it’s a scripted job so it’s legal and should only be legal.

On 7/14/2020 at 6:07 PM, Pegasus_ said:

The current system works fine, giving competition between truckers as irl.

You’d also have to make a way to be able to stop the scripted jobs so you can take the store jobs.

And the illegal shipments are just plain bad idea, it’s a scripted job so it’s legal and should only be legal.

I agree about legal shipments but you could still give competition. They would need to make the scripted and store jobs different but make the store jobs pay more so the scripted jobs can happen in the off times where stores aren't ordering anything and people would scramble when they do. 

Also make the scripted work the same as store where everyone has the ability to get it and then it's gone. Have it run on a timer and allow for enough jobs to spawn for a little less than the number of people trucking. Once a store order comes in truckers have the option to fight over the store order for more money or the scripted order for less money. Some will win and some will lose either way. 

On 5/9/2020 at 1:37 PM, IAmTurtle said:

-1 trucking job is fine. This is better now that it is player based then it originally was when it was scripted to give jobs

I understand what you mean by being better in a realistic sense but the way it works now makes people (like me) not want to do it. I don't want to sit for an hour somewhere just at a chance to grab an order. I love that there is competition around it but they could make that same competition with scripted jobs (that pay less than store jobs).

My opinion is this because I went through and got my CDL and quit after two hours (irl). I got two hauls the whole time. I didn't miss out because of competition, the time was spent waiting for orders to come through. 

Edited by Pr0_Zach