Henry Goodman

We need more properties/houses/warehouses

Should we have more avaible houses/properties/warehouses?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have more avaible houses/properties/warehouses?

• Yes
    • No

Due to incresed player base we should get more properties/houses/warehouses.

More people, faster inflation.

More people we have in need for something (Demand) and less of it to be obtained (supply) in this example house/property/warehouse will lead as it already lead to prices going up.

Now if there are some new players here that dont know, 1 year ago (+/- couple months) 1g was 60-90k, 2g was 120-160k, 3g was 300-500k. There are some houses that went out of this boundaries with price ofcourse. 4g i will exclude due to far far smaller number of properties compared to first 3 options. (My personal experience with buying houses was 1G 58k, for a 2g i paid 90k and 3g was 300k)

Right now prices are that you buy 1G with 300k budget, or pay 900k-1.5M for a 3G. 

Paycheck is still the same.

Example of market is easly compared to vehicles, once you removed hakochu drag price went over 1 000 000$, you can buy from someon that already has only and it is identical thing with houses.

Many players bought business properties when they first came out on server and started investing into really bad bad business, night club for example. Every second property someon was making like night club/hangout space that is brining 0$. Its not that people are very interested in geting wasted on the server so basicly your income would be to charge entrence. And since you cant do party everyday, you will return your investment in about "one eternity later". After that ofcourse you dont want to loose money on it so you bump up the price and its all fair, would be dumb to do the opposite. Thats why we get to see properties on sale for big money and it just wont sell. Not to say that they are collecting dust and not bringing anything to the server. Remove them from game for a week and you would not see a single change. (Not just clubs, but also other business)

One part of taken properties/houses are belonging to players that are not playing on the server atm. They might come here and there, maybe are on the break for couple months etc. etc. so its also affecting the whole supply chain thing. Another part is that simply one individual owns multiple properties, especially older players since players purchase power then and now is incomparable.

Now we need to put more of it to the server so players could operate more easly. Start a business venture, purchase a 1g, then 2g, to a 3g and get that feeling of advancement in game. Balance prices to put them from sky a bit down. Give oportunity to players to try something they want,to try new stuff so we see how community reacts and what they might love/hate. Eventually do some scripting around it.

Henry out.

Edit: For the people that dislike this possible update/change on server due to pure selfish reasons as their assets might be worth less than now. Take in consideration that server population is growing and server is developing in a good way, don't be our stumbling stone but rather a support for new people and overall economy of the server. It needs to feel rewarding as it was when you started, giving everyone same opportunity to develop. I might also loose $$ over this change but I am still embracing it for the sake of good progress. 

Edited by Henry Goodman
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There was a purge of unused properties some time back, which led to a gold rush essentially.

I don't think we need to introduce a significant amount more properties, as at all times there are some 1/2/3 business/warehouse properties available for sale. What I would like to throw as a different suggestion is property tax, and if a property/house is not used for some time (falls x behind on taxes, a percentage of it's cost) it gets auctioned off or put back on the market with a sliding price. 

Also introduces a bit of a gold sink (Scriptly business should be very heavily taxed as they are essentially printing presses for cash currently)

3 minutes ago, Jleoni said:

There was a purge of unused properties some time back, which led to a gold rush essentially.

I don't think we need to introduce a significant amount more properties, as at all times there are some 1/2/3 business/warehouse properties available for sale. What I would like to throw as a different suggestion is property tax, and if a property/house is not used for some time (falls x behind on taxes, a percentage of it's cost) it gets auctioned off or put back on the market with a sliding price. 

Also introduces a bit of a gold sink (Scriptly business should be very heavily taxed as they are essentially printing presses for cash currently)

That would simply not work due to various reasons. I think you should read my first post fully.

Due to what reasons? It introduces a cost to owning many properties and letting them rot, allowing the gov. to take over them (bringing down house prices due to a large amount of repos)

Adding N more houses/properties today is a bandage fix to the problem. What happens in X months when 800 players is the norm? Continue adding more and more, while letting unused ones sit unoccupied?

Property tax ((weekly)), and players allowing to set a limit on how much of their money they are willing to sink into taxes if they take an extended leave. Once the gov auctions them off, the proceeds go to the negligent player.

If we get 800+ players server budget and staff count would go up and more things would be done/changed.

I dont know if you somehow managed to blindfold yourself over some things that are hard to miss but there is tax system based on your value and taxing on selling assets. So you have a property that has estimate worth 300k$, and you are not geting into bigger tax group. But that same property you sell for 1.5M$. And this week tax and goverment taking over, i dont know how this could work in your head. If you dont play for a month and have 2 houses and 1 business property, you log back in and you no longer have it due to being auctioned cuz you did not pay week tax. Dont eaven try, just scrap that idea.

Property values for tax should be simply delimited by # of gs, not for sale price (as then tax evading 1$ sales would be even more common). 

If you don't play for a month, or a year the tax would be removed from your bank account (and you can set this limit yourself, how much tax do you want to pay before you stop....afterwards say another 1-2 month leeway period before the gov takes over)

Don't get hung up on the details, as those can be ironed out. Property ownership needs a nerf, and scriptly controller business ownership (gas stations, conv stores, etc.) need an even bigger one.

Just now, Jleoni said:

Property values for tax should be simply delimited by # of gs, not for sale price (as then tax evading 1$ sales would be even more common). 

If you don't play for a month, or a year the tax would be removed from your bank account (and you can set this limit yourself, how much tax do you want to pay before you stop....afterwards say another 1-2 month leeway period before the gov takes over)

Don't get hung up on the details, as those can be ironed out. Property ownership needs a nerf, and scriptly controller business ownership (gas stations, conv stores, etc.) need an even bigger one.

We are already behind others with script, and priority list has to be in check. But your idea has flaws everywhere and you just toss out other things to patch it up and it all requires to be more and more scripted while its already a big change to everyone and as time passes by new possible problems will occur. Its not that simple as you think.

So, looking at the admin markers around the map, there are going to be a lot of properties added, likely this year. So properties are covered.

Housing is a pain, because:

1. Theres a limited number of houses physically in the game.

2. House ownership = you can have more cars.

The first issue cant really be solved, as you cant just add more buildings. But the RVs just solved it, everyone can get an affordable 1g house that is also a vehicle. For 100k that is a bargain.

The 2nd issue needs a new system for people with multiple cars. Old people have a lot of different cars, as they keep getting added into the game over time, and with that, they need to have more houses, as there is no other way to increase the car limit through IC means. Yes, you can use parking, but these people likely have reached their limit in the parking lot as well and overall, prefer to use their own houses rather than the public parking lots. If they added ways to expand garage space on houses in a balanced way, people would likely be more willing to sell their houses, but as it stands, you cant have a lot of cars without having a lot of houses.

The last thing, i dont think that just because you are less active now you should be punished for it. People like to take breaks, and it would not make sense for someone who has spent a good amount of time in the community, to be pushed back just because they are not as active right now. Houses still go for sale if the owner is inactive for 2 months (3 if VIP), but you dont really see these, as they just go up for sale and people buy them OR as last year when founders just purged all inactive houses at once as well as sold businesses in a public auction.

At the end prices will go up, until another major wipe or a change in the system, but you can't avoid this happening in a economy of this type and while it is more difficult for new players to play catch-up, there are ways in which they can enjoy a good life without the focus of owning rockford mansions.

4 minutes ago, CaesarSeizure said:

So, looking at the admin markers around the map, there are going to be a lot of properties added, likely this year. So properties are covered.

Housing is a pain, because:

1. Theres a limited number of houses physically in the game.

2. House ownership = you can have more cars.

The first issue cant really be solved, as you cant just add more buildings. But the RVs just solved it, everyone can get an affordable 1g house that is also a vehicle. For 100k that is a bargain.

The 2nd issue needs a new system for people with multiple cars. Old people have a lot of different cars, as they keep getting added into the game over time, and with that, they need to have more houses, as there is no other way to increase the car limit through IC means. Yes, you can use parking, but these people likely have reached their limit in the parking lot as well and overall, prefer to use their own houses rather than the public parking lots. If they added ways to expand garage space on houses in a balanced way, people would likely be more willing to sell their houses, but as it stands, you cant have a lot of cars without having a lot of houses.

The last thing, i dont think that just because you are less active now you should be punished for it. People like to take breaks, and it would not make sense for someone who has spent a good amount of time in the community, to be pushed back just because they are not as active right now. Houses still go for sale if the owner is inactive for 2 months (3 if VIP), but you dont really see these, as they just go up for sale and people buy them OR as last year when founders just purged all inactive houses at once as well as sold businesses in a public auction.

At the end prices will go up, until another major wipe or a change in the system, but you can't avoid this happening in a economy of this type and while it is more difficult for new players to play catch-up, there are ways in which they can enjoy a good life without the focus of owning rockford mansions.

Markers are there for a year so that means it might be tomorrow and might be in 2 years and since no word about it on forum the second option is more likely 😁 Inflation will eat up the server if we don't expand the supply chain of things people demand, especially new guys cuz right now there is crazy amount of RV's everywhere. Like really to much already and now imagine it's only option for new players to live in something is to buy RV. We might as well rename server to RV Roleplay. Or make money squish. 10000$ becoming 1000$.

3 minutes ago, Henry Goodman said:

Markers are there for a year so that means it might be tomorrow and might be in 2 years and since no word about it on forum the second option is more likely 😁 Inflation will eat up the server if we don't expand the supply chain of things people demand, especially new guys cuz right now there is crazy amount of RV's everywhere. Like really to much already and now imagine it's only option for new players to live in something is to buy RV. We might as well rename server to RV Roleplay. Or make money squish. 10000$ becoming 1000$.

I mean properties overall are kind of pointless for the most part as you mentioned before, nothing you can really do with them and they just soak up too much money.

A money squish would likely affect income as well, it would have the same effect as changing 10000 to 100000, everyone would stay the same, the server just has too many players for that to fix it.

The 2 big points that helped people out was - when they added a bunch of houses, it caused a significant drop in prices all around and created an opportunity for people to invest and make a lot more money down the line. This could be potentially achieved if something like apartment complexes were made a thing, where you could have as many properties as you wanted all accessible from 1 door (i think there was talk of this).

The 2nd major point was when we had the massive auction + new vehicles + housing wipe. The auction was a good money sink for all the people who have it, new vehicles offered everyone a chance to burn some money and the housing wipe made a lot of inactive houses much cheaper than they would have been if they were sold by people, while also removing money from circulation. Personally, i think an auction, new vehicles and a housing wipe every 6 months would greatly benefit the economy, by making cheap housing available and just increasing the value of money, by removing a big chunk from circulation.

What i do think the server could benefit from, would be a new tax system. This is a thing that was put in place a long time ago, when i guess 1 million was a high amount, now almost everyone hits the high tax bracket without too much effort. The tax system needs to be updated to fit the servers economy, this would allow newer players to enjoy little to no tax for a longer time, while the rich would still get taxed the same. Maybe even a property tax - the more you own, the more you pay.

At the end, the developer team is small, and they already spend so much time working on updates, that some stuff just takes priority over other. I think there is no way to go back to the golden age, where everything was cheap, but at the same time, i dont think everyone should focus on becoming super rich and from an RP standpoint, it makes sense that the server is now full of people from all different financial situations.

9 minutes ago, CaesarSeizure said:

I mean properties overall are kind of pointless for the most part as you mentioned before, nothing you can really do with them and they just soak up too much money.

A money squish would likely affect income as well, it would have the same effect as changing 10000 to 100000, everyone would stay the same, the server just has too many players for that to fix it.

The 2 big points that helped people out was - when they added a bunch of houses, it caused a significant drop in prices all around and created an opportunity for people to invest and make a lot more money down the line. This could be potentially achieved if something like apartment complexes were made a thing, where you could have as many properties as you wanted all accessible from 1 door (i think there was talk of this).

The 2nd major point was when we had the massive auction + new vehicles + housing wipe. The auction was a good money sink for all the people who have it, new vehicles offered everyone a chance to burn some money and the housing wipe made a lot of inactive houses much cheaper than they would have been if they were sold by people, while also removing money from circulation. Personally, i think an auction, new vehicles and a housing wipe every 6 months would greatly benefit the economy, by making cheap housing available and just increasing the value of money, by removing a big chunk from circulation.

What i do think the server could benefit from, would be a new tax system. This is a thing that was put in place a long time ago, when i guess 1 million was a high amount, now almost everyone hits the high tax bracket without too much effort. The tax system needs to be updated to fit the servers economy, this would allow newer players to enjoy little to no tax for a longer time, while the rich would still get taxed the same. Maybe even a property tax - the more you own, the more you pay.

At the end, the developer team is small, and they already spend so much time working on updates, that some stuff just takes priority over other. I think there is no way to go back to the golden age, where everything was cheap, but at the same time, i dont think everyone should focus on becoming super rich and from an RP standpoint, it makes sense that the server is now full of people from all different financial situations.

Property is pointless when a player with no inspiration or sence of business is holding it. In the right hands it can shape the whole server. 

Edited by Henry Goodman

On 5/12/2020 at 7:55 AM, MrJangoon said:

Well, while you cant physically add more buildings to the game, you could create an interior in a large building which allows you to access other interiors. Ie. Basically Apartments/Condominiums

I would focus more on business properties.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.