Jleoni

Scriptly/admin enforced support for asset trade

Scriptly/player IC support for asset trade, where players can trade homes/properties/cars/cash for other homes/properties/cars/cash, with a steep fee (say 10-20%).

Currently there is no in game support for these sort of trades, which leads to many bank trades/scams/etc. and are nervewrecking for both. This can also be another department in the PD or other government faction, and the trades can be managed by a member of that faction (i.e. not always available, may be a pain to wait for them to be in town, etc.)

How do you plan to tax home trades, property trades, and car trades if there's no money involved? Where is that 10%-20% fee coming from? In addition, we have existing mechanics for any trade with cash on one side and homes/properties/cars on the other, people just avoid using them because of the tax.

If you want to do trades like these, just get a trusted middleman like a cop.

Edited by CBullet

The 10-20% fee would be paid for at the time of trade by the parties trading (which one of them or how they pay it is up to them)

The player responsible (PD member, whoever) for carrying out the trades would be responsible for valuing assets fairly accurately, I don't think being off by even as much as 30% would be a huge deal one way or another, and he could even be given instruction to overvalue (to increase tax benefit) when there is any doubt.

As it stands there is no way for players to trade assets safely, and when you enter the realm of 1m+ more complex trades become more common (this can be seen in the refund request forum, cash + drag for a comet retro, etc.) 

I know myself, as an up and coming businessman/flipper this would be a service I would use regularly (at least until my IC rep catches up to my actual ethics)

EDIT: also could open RP opportunities to bribe the person to undervalue assets, have him subject to audits, etc.

EDIT 2: Person responsible for 'middle manning' the trades would be subject to a guidebook by which he must value assets, this can start fairly simply, with static values for 'rare items' (drags, sultan rs, other discontinued or non dealership obtainable vehicles) and simple equations for properties based on neighborhood, 1/2/3/4g, standalone or not, external building potential, etc. I am sure a reasonable guidebook could be written. The person responsible for middle-manning can then add additional notes when needed to any trades for value modifications (i.e. 20% more due to good view or some such), which would provide RP opportunities for bribes/lowering trade values, which then can be audited.

Edited by Jleoni

@CBullet Afaik cops are no longer 'trusted middlemen', and the few middlemen with good rep on the forums seem rarely on. Bank contracts even with /do are not enforced by admins. As it stands as far as I am aware there is NO system (for however high a fee) to trade assets for assets. 

I'm not sure what makes you think that cops aren't trusted middlemen. Also, all you have to do to make a trade safe is use /record for RP evidence of the agreement, then turn it in to the cops to have them reverse the trade if they scam you. Sure, it'll have a delay in you getting your items/money back, but it's completely foolproof. There's also no reason for admins to get involved in contracts with /do, as those are contracts, which is an IC issue that should be brought up with police.

Edited by CBullet

On 4/30/2020 at 11:52 AM, CBullet said:

I'm not sure what makes you think that cops aren't trusted middlemen. Also, all you have to do to make a trade safe is use /record for RP evidence of the agreement, then turn it in to the cops to have them reverse the trade if they scam you. Sure, it'll have a delay in you getting your items/money back, but it's completely foolproof. There's also no reason for admins to get involved in contracts with /do, as those are contracts, which is an IC issue that should be brought up with police.

Just to follow up:
https://gov.eclipse-rp.net/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=39688

I am surprised that this isn't gaining any traction, but it seems the community does not see a need for something like this.

You can just RP with proper /me and /do, if they lie about a do then you can report for OOC scam and get refunded.  Assuming you get them to say the cash amount is correct in a do or that they have transferred the property in a /do then you should be pretty well covered.

Such as having them count the cash on hand before exchange and confirming the amount in a /do.

"Please count the cash for me."
/me counts the cash

/do how much cash is present?

/do $x

/me attempts to exchange the cash for the <item> at the same time.

/do successful transaction?

Note this utilizes the eclipse rules: Character Creation and Property, "Players may not scam or deceive other players out of character for their property." as well as Power Gaming "All statements in /DO must be factually true in the roleplay as it sets grounds for roleplay."

The bigger injustice is nowhere in the rulebook does it say that scams are allowed in NCZs

Edited by TreMetal

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.