Malcolm Carter

[Forum issue] "You have used all of the attachment space you are allowed. Manage Attachments to free up space"

Issue Being Reported: I have used up my attachment quota but don't know how to delete old attachments. When I try to upload a new picture, I am told that "You have used all of the attachment space you are allowed." and given a link to "Manage Attachments to free up space". This takes me to a list of my uploaded pictures but gives no way of deleting them to free up space.

Date and Time of Issue (provide timezone): 28/04/20 22:00 GMT

Your characters name: Malcolm Carter

Evidence and/or notes worth mentioning: How do I delete old image files in my attachments? The link that prompts me to manage attachments doesn't seem to allow me to delete them.

Thanks

Hello @Malcolm Carter!

You have to delete the pictures from the original post. 

Here are the steps how to do it:

1. Click on my attachments

UNIYVnH.png

2.  You will come up to this page, then click onto the right of the topic and go to the post.

QsOohgM.png

3. Edit the post and remove the pictures.

Note: This won't work if the topic is locked and prevented for editing, i.e on concluded forum reports. I suggest using i.e imgur to upload the photos to a link so that you won't be using the attachment quota.

Let me know if this worked! 🙂

Edited by Thunderboss

Hi @Thunderboss

Thanks for the guide. However, this doesn't seem to work for me - when I edit these posts and remove the pictures, they still remain on my attachments. I have edited and removed all the pictures from quite a lot of old threads yet they remain on my attachment list with no real way to remove them permenantly. 

My workaround has been to just use imgur, and thank you for your help, but this does just seem to be broken, no? 

The thing is, because I have already used my attachemnt space, it doesn't show me the uploaded images. I just get the "you have used all of the attachment space you are allowed. Manage attachments to free up space" message, and that link just takes me to my attachments page with no way to delete them.

ff5M84X.png

iphJ33D.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.