Subtogger

Give towtrucks the ability to deploy barricades.

Often when I am given a towing duty I find myself exposed to the mercy of people on the highway. There is a high risk of me being hit by a car which is hitting the car I am attempting to tow, thus injuring or potentially killing me.

I feels NRP to be attempting to tow a car in the middle of the road with no protection whatsoever. The ability to deploy barricades and cone would extend the RP in the area and give a more realistic setting of road maintenace.

I am sure every mechanic out there can agree with me.

I hope you'll receive this suggestion positively. Should be a small task to implement.

Best regards.

Edited by Subtogger
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Clarky said:

Definitely supported but for Los Santos Customs and Bayview. I wouldn't like everyone with tow-trucks deploying blockades.

Why not?
They run the same risk as PD and SD. Are you afraid some will forget to remove the barricades? I am sure LSC and Bayview can make the proper training for it.

Thank you for the support!

34 minutes ago, Luke Vader said:

Just park the towtruck in a way that if a car comes towards you the towtruck blocks the car's path....

not that hard

If the car that hits you has enough speed it can injure and potentially kill you.

Would we do the same in the real world? Leave road maintenace without protection?

Think theres a few issues with this if you are referring to the blockade which can't be destroyed by a vehicle

1) Sometimes they are left out by government personnel and can be come a issue with poor communication

2) I've seen criminals have the job and could easily be mis-used, it's not always a law abiding citizen

3) I don't think it's needed in GTA, where you are able to tow vehicles without issue, time and time again when you use /mechanic, you wait 20-30 mins for nobody to arrive. 

In summary, I don't think it's something that is currently needed in the server.

1 hour ago, DrizzyDre said:

2) I've seen criminals have the job and could easily be mis-used, it's not always a law abiding citizen

You are not allowed to commit crimes while on faction duty, only on duty faction members who are close to a towtruck would be able to deploy them. 

1 hour ago, DrizzyDre said:

1) Sometimes they are left out by government personnel and can be come a issue with poor communication

When you go off duty just make them auto despawn, same as faction vehicles. 

Personally I think its a useful additon to the mechanic job, the only issue being that mech requests are often ignored but thats an ic issue.

On 4/6/2020 at 1:53 PM, DrizzyDre said:

Think theres a few issues with this if you are referring to the blockade which can't be destroyed by a vehicle

3) I don't think it's needed in GTA, where you are able to tow vehicles without issue, time and time again when you use /mechanic, you wait 20-30 mins for nobody to arrive. 

In summary, I don't think it's something that is currently needed in the server.

1): True. However, with proper training and good faction communication this is not a huge issue.
2): As a previous poster mentioned, you are not allowed to do crime while on faction duty.
3): I'll make sure to post a video next time I am absolute inches from being injured (or worse) next time I am on tow-truck duty.

Looking forward to see what will happen to this suggestion 😃

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.