WalterCash

*Remove* Combat-Roll

So basically in GTA3,GTA SAN,Gta 4 and GTA 5, A mechanic was added known as COMBAT ROLL. It got two options, roll left or roll right during action, a beautiful combat mechanic. It's really good in GTA 5 online (Vanilla) there is no issues with player A and Player B shooting at each other.

But here is the issue with Rage:MP. It was NOT built to support stuff like that. So when Player A is combat rolling left and right and Player B shooting at him it will be almost impossible to hit player A most of the times. I've TESTED it, and it will ALWAYS depends on Player A connection and Player B connection. Player A got 80 ping and player B got 50 ping, when Player A fire at Player B and does Combat-Roll left and right the Player B will keep seeing Player A in the original spot for almost 1 sec.

You can test it out, Let your friend do a Combat-roll Left or right, you will see him/her got a delay respond between you and your friend. So next time you see a PLAYER standing in point A and you keep shooting and suddenly he quick spin to point B it's all because of the ping.

SO high ping player got advantage over you when she/he does COMBAT-ROLL and If you got HIGH ping the LOW ping player got advantage over you. This is not just my opinion I've TESTED it and I was shocked that COMBAT-ROLL is not punishable by the community.

As people have mentioned rolling is used to resync guns and other aspects, as without doing so you shoot ghost bullets.

Players can be hit whilst rolling, you just have to play ahead of the desync. You're also at a disadvantage rolling as you cannot shoot. 

Does not need removed, is balanced and serves a core sync purpose. 

I don't see the problem of being able to roll and possibly dodge a bullet as you're unable to shoot your weapon yourself. Also you're saying it's nearly impossible to hit someone that's rolling which is untrue.

Also it is used to sync your character.

Do you rather have people type /anim down to sync themselves when going in to a gunfight?

Edited by Tomvd682

As people have mentioned earlier it is to Sync your character.

Try getting out of your car and shooting someone without rolling and most probably none of your bullets will register.

This is the same for when you climb a ladder or object.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.