QuirkyMayhem

Ratings

We should have it that we have an option to be able to view what we were rated.
Its great having a rating system, just kinda sad when we cant see what we got especially that we are made to comment when rating someone and we never get to see what they said.

Instead of having a pop up that tells you that you have been rated, maybe a pop up telling you that you have been rated positively or negatively.
There could be an option on the panel that allows us to see said ratings but maybe only show date, time, negative or positive along with the comment with no name to keep anonymity.
By showing what rating and comment this may help people who are serious about roleplaying to become better and what they could improve on if we are able to see the comment.

Personally it gets frustrating its like being told they know something but arent going to tell you. You're always going to be wondering what it was.

• Like 1

-1 Ratings can only be done when in proximity to another player and because of this if you were to get a negative pop up you can deduce who made it or what situation it was regarding. The unknown aspect of ratings keeps things fairly neutral which I believe should remain the case. I understand the desire for more disclosure but ultimately I think it could promote unnecessary negative feelings.

10 minutes ago, Aldarine said:

-1 Ratings can only be done when in proximity to another player and because of this if you were to get a negative pop up you can deduce who made it or what situation it was regarding. The unknown aspect of ratings keeps things fairly neutral which I believe should remain the case. I understand the desire for more disclosure but ultimately I think it could promote unnecessary negative feelings.

I understand how you don’t want to promote unnecessary feelings. But why not look at it the other way? If someone left a negative rating for me personally, I want to know why. I will use that negative rating to improve my RP and to improve myself in that situation again.. just as staff ask in player reports and appeals “how would you do this differently if you got in the same situation?”.

I don’t think it would promote negative feelings and if it does, it would be anonymous anyway. 

1 minute ago, Luxas said:

I understand how you don’t want to promote unnecessary feelings. But why not look at it the other way? If someone left a negative rating for me personally, I want to know why. I will use that negative rating to improve my RP and to improve myself in that situation again.. just as staff ask in player reports and appeals “how would you do this differently if you got in the same situation?”.

I don’t think it would promote negative feelings and if it does, it would be anonymous anyway. 

See I don't believe there is as much anonymity as one would like to think again due to proximity requirement for rating. I'm not an advocate for anything that can promote negative feelings or potential trolling (ie: knowing that a player can see they got a negative rating and just doing it because you know they will see). I don't believe this kind of player interaction on an OOC level is necessary. I like the system the way it is now and there is nothing presently preventing you from asking in OOC chat who rated you after you receive the popup.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Aldarine said:

See I don't believe there is as much anonymity as one would like to think again due to proximity requirement for rating. I'm not an advocate for anything that can promote negative feelings or potential trolling (ie: knowing that a player can see they got a negative rating and just doing it because you know they will see). I don't believe this kind of player interaction on an OOC level is necessary. I like the system the way it is now and there is nothing presently preventing you from asking in OOC chat who rated you after you receive the popup.

I think this is just more of a curiosity suggestion, drives me crazy when it tells me i was rated and i'm like well did they like the RP was it a good or bad experience.
😂 
But i don't like asking
(due to anxiety) so i'm left forever wondering what they rated me and what the comment was.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.