Mr_1bitcoin

Carl Larson, Perma banned.

Carl Larson's ship has sailed for the last time tonight. I hope everyone has a better time without me. I am a serial rule-breaker, toxic to admins, support and community.  I have only come to this town with one mission. That was to bring fun, unique and different RP situations.   Clearly, I have failed. Carl Larson the modern-day Joe dirt all natural cleaning solution salesman is no more. He has overstepped quite litterly one too many times..  Sorry to anyone who's time i made worse and not better while i was on this server. I never meant to break any rules or cause any harm. I am thankful i had the opportunity to build relationships and spend time with so many different players and i will miss y'all. Perm banned. Cheers.

Fear RP -  I was in the wrong broke, fear RP, was fully immersed into my character and ignored the fact i had two tazers at me.

Toxic and passive aggressive - 

18+

Edited by Mr_1bitcoin
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hey carl , I love your shoes they are very nice . I want to thank you for the amazing rp that you brought to eclypse rp . You wer more than just my buddy you wer the charictor that broke up the manotany of mostly stale rp and bad robberies.   You gave zest to any situation that could of or should of been boring . You wer a true crusader and I'm sad to see you go . I hope you appeal the ban and prevail for us all . There are not that many unique roleleplayers and I hope that the admins can come around and work with you. For you are a legend,  The legend .. Carl Larson, He who will be missed .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, reeceobz said:

215784882bf5d176990b703e4edba44b.png That's a gun? 

@reeceobz Thank you for your comment, i appreciate your time.

Did i hear a groan? He Didnt make it clear that he pulled gun did he? Wouldnt you think the officer would YELL to make it clear? OR even stat it at all in IC stating he's changing too LETHAL? his first reaction was not to RP but silence and to talk /ooc to change outcome. 

Edited by Mr_1bitcoin
Spelling fix
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Mr_1bitcoin said:

@reeceobz Thank you for your comment, i appreciate your time.

Did i hear a groan? He Didnt make it clear that he pulled gun did he? Wouldnt you think the officer would YELL to make it clear? OR even stat it at all in IC stating he's changing too LETHAL? his first reaction was not to RP but silence and to talk /ooc to change outcome. 

You rped like a dick in that situation, do i think you should get perm for it? No.

But either way giving this situation I would say you had a valid reason to try to evade at all costs even while a gun pointed at him. Listen here now all white knights who says oh it's in the ruleplay to fall under fear rp if someone points you a gun. 

This guy had a warrant for attempted murder of gov. employee IRL that's life sentence and I think trying to escape this would be reasonable enough keep in mind that police should be trained to put down these people yet officer doesn't even shoot him while he's fleeing on foot solely relying on ruleplay. (officer had full right to shoot his ass since he's danger and attempted murder is serious crime)

So all I see bunch of non trained police officers relying on ruleplay and where's fun in that? (Not firing any shots towards these officers this is just example of how this server works and expects you to roleplay and police officers handled it correctly by server rules - server rules ain't my point tho)

All in all the problem is that people don't rp for fun here, everyone rp to win therefore we have such strict rules that doesn't take anything in consideration. As my example two guys were trying to steal my bike once, I walked up to them (saw them pulling guns earlier) so obviously not gonna to talk with them to put myself into disadvantage telling them to hands up so I just shot them which fell under DM rule. Although is such situation is actually DM since they're stealing your property? By the law you shouldn't shoot them since you should seek for safety but should such situation be ruleplayed and not actioned IC by putting me into jail for missusing my gun?

Edited by SamuelGunn
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

So, initial disclaimer: I was the officer who initiated the arrest/pursuit with you.

Firstly, I want to say that in general, it was initially good RP - I sprung the surprise on you while arming myself with a tazer (per the previous poster, yes, I could have gone for a gun, but just arresting/mowing you down is an instant W and a bit dull) - so you did a runner.

The RP really only went south when you were successfully tazed and called for backup whilst in a state of shock - then after I had my tazer still pointed at you as you were in shock and (I believe) my partner, an actual gun, you then fled again which culminated in us getting mowed down by a vehicle from that backup call and subsequently shot. Evidently not good, but nothing fatal enough to warrant being perma'd.

With that said, I was also witness to the admin discussion that ensued after. I don't want to speak for him, but it appeared to me that he initially intended to dole out a punishment to you as he did to the others. You then talked your way into a permaban by your choice of language and belligerent tone, as I later saw on your Twitch stream, it seems you were banned for your OOC conduct rather than the RP infraction.

In any case, I hope you treat it as a learning experience - honestly, whilst your RP has flaws, it's generally not bad, especially compared to much of what I see on the server and ultimately, everyone's human.

My two cents are this: If you can just show you'll be respectful OOCly, maybe consider appealing it on the basis of your having learned from the experience and hope for the best.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

@SamuelGunn Thank you for taking the time to share your insight, experiences and story. I greatly appreciate you. 

21 hours ago, SamuelGunn said:

But either way giving this situation I would say you had a valid reason to try to evade at all costs even while a gun pointed at him. Listen here now all white knights who says oh it's in the ruleplay to fall under fear rp if someone points you a gun. 

This guy had a warrant for attempted murder of gov. employee IRL that's life sentence and I think trying to escape this would be reasonable enough keep in mind that police should be trained to put down these people yet officer doesn't even shoot him while he's fleeing on foot solely relying on ruleplay. (officer had full right to shoot his ass since he's danger and attempted murder is serious crime)

So all I see bunch of non trained police officers relying on ruleplay and where's fun in that? (Not firing any shots towards these officers this is just example of how this server works and expects you to roleplay and police officers handled it correctly by server rules - server rules ain't my point tho)

I could not have said it any better myself.  Carl Thiston could of and or should of expressing he was going LETHAL and or just shot the hell outta me.  He deliberately took his pistol out and then proceeds to say he cant use it after the situation when we were talking to the admins and directly went to /ooc during. So he took it out in the full intentions of Ruleplaying not Roleplaying and this is an issue. 

21 hours ago, SamuelGunn said:

All in all the problem is that people don't rp for fun here, everyone rp to win therefore we have such strict rules that doesn't take anything in consideration.

100 percent. Its very detrimental to the overall server health and status. 

22 hours ago, SamuelGunn said:

As my example two guys were trying to steal my bike once, I walked up to them (saw them pulling guns earlier) so obviously not gonna to talk with them to put myself into disadvantage telling them to hands up so I just shot them which fell under DM rule. Although is such situation is actually DM since they're stealing your property? By the law you shouldn't shoot them since you should seek for safety but should such situation be ruleplayed and not actioned IC by putting me into jail for missusing my gun?

Yeah i completely understand. If you went up to them and tried to hold them up they would of turned and dropped you.  Totally seems like it could of been resolved as an IC issue, its not like you randomly shot someone.. they were trying to steal your property and putting your life at risk leave you stranded for the wolfs! haha 

Thanks again for your response! 

@Olipro Thank you for taking time out of your day and replying!  I appreciate you. 

14 hours ago, Olipro said:

The RP really only went south when you were successfully tazed and called for backup whilst in a state of shock

Thats fair, I will admit i probly could of acclimated my voice to sound as i was getting tazed, more.

With that said, I was also witness to the admin discussion that ensued after. I don't want to speak for him, but it appeared to me that he initially intended to dole out a punishment to you as he did to the others. You then talked your way into a permaban by your choice of language and belligerent tone, as I later saw on your Twitch stream, it seems you were banned for your OOC conduct rather than the RP infraction

Your not wrong and i do admit i could of totally handled it more diplomatically. The issue from my end was i felt he didnt care what i had to say and forcefully aided and abetted the perma ban.  When he was so set from carl thistons video was the all holy grail of truth... Which seemed unfair to me, at least take my video. 

I did link the whole interaction of me and Varakai as i am being completely transparent.  Im not by no means perfect, by all means i was being completely passive aggressive at the very least. Was i being toxic enough for perma ban? i feel thats a huge stretch and boarder line admin abuse or miss conduct. This is why we have forums so we have the opportunity to formulate our responses and not raw emotions.  I feel as if im always being singled out for the smallest actions. when macros done to me let off scotch free. As if i did these macros id be perma banned oh wait, 😄.  

In any case, I hope you treat it as a learning experience - honestly, whilst your RP has flaws, it's generally not bad, especially compared to much of what I see on the server and ultimately, everyone's human.

My two cents are this: If you can just show you'll be respectful OOCly, maybe consider appealing it on the basis of your having learned from the experience and hope for the best.

I pride myself on the ability to bring fun, unique and different RP situation to the server. Its my sole goal not to have best car, house, most arrests or biggest bank But to leave interaction at the very least memorable.  I did send an appeal for the perma ban understanding and reiterating that this will not happen again given the chance and accepting what i did was wrong, along with sharing my point of view. 

Firstly, I want to say that in general, it was initially good RP - I sprung the surprise on you while arming myself with a tazer (per the previous poster, yes, I could have gone for a gun, but just arresting/mowing you down is an instant W and a bit dull) - so you did a runner.

Id respect mowing down suspected cop killer than assuming i see officer thiston switch to a gun and instantly run to /ooc to change the direction of RP. Its the prime issue of ruleplayers. He didnt even RP.... 

Remember as a police officer you have the most interactions and situations where you can direct the RP any direction, as a criminal we are forced to follow ur lead. This responsibility sets the tone for the server and i have seen very few officers going above and beyond to try and create fun, unique and different RP.(which is a whole issue itself)  

Thanks again for your time and insight from the other side of the situation. 

Hes another one of the many abuses i suffer abuse, power gaming and lack of quality RP. Everyone single one of them got away scotch free as i sat in prison for 105 mins.  This is standard practice in PD to suicide crash into a suspect that is fleeing a speeding ticket. This is extremely detrimental to quality  RP'ers and should alarming to everyone in the community.  Super car smashing, battering ramming police and suicide head on collisions. Guess what there excuse is, Its in character issue, everything for them in IC and everything we do is rule breaking. Then they double triple charges, fines and jail time. Guess what that is? another IC issue? Its not. Thats /ooc abuse.  

• Upvote 1

Couple weeks ago, I had 10 cop cars chasing me. One head on rams me at high speed killing the officer. Literately the cop kills himself in a head on collision to stop my car. A staff member is one of the police. He then resurrects the fallen cop and they continue to arrest me despite using VDM as the means to arrest me and refuse to reset rp. I page an admin for support and they page an admin to complain Im stalling. I get arrested and the staff member that was a police doesn't bat an eye despite my requests for them to handle the situation correctly.

Yet when I hit a police officer at 100kph with my car while he is trying to arrest my buddy it doesn't even scratch him. I proceed to run him over 4 times because he has some kind of godly hp and I get a vdm.

Its hard to play by the rules with the cops when they are power gaming. Things just go out the window. I now pride myself on murdering them as often as I can.

Edited by AdamSnoze
typo
  • Like 2

So, I can't speak to entirely separate situations with other officers. They are their own people and that RP is theirs. I'm only going to discuss the standard of RP I expect and hold myself to - I can understand if you have had unpleasant situations with others, but they're not part of the RP we had, nor are they part of the reason for your ban.

I understand what you are saying that, as officers, we "lead the way" - but in the encounter we had, that was clearly not the case as you had a pretty free reign and your ignoring FearRP was largely disregarded by us. It was your escalating the situation unrealistically that drew our ire.

Both myself and Carl let you continue. There was no real issue with your ignoring FearRP until it descended into VDM and gunshots because, whilst by the rules it's breaking FearRP, you hadn't escalated it until you involved your friends - as I said before, that was what escalated it to a pure attempt to turn a legitimate disadvantage into a win by ignoring the play. In all honestly, it's more fun to let you go a little bit "off piste" with FearRP so long as you don't unreasonably try to gain an unfair advantage and ultimately, comply.

Having played many hours with Thiston, he is definitely one of the most reasonable and chill RPers I've met on the server. He appreciates the value in not arbitrarily going for a bust just for the win and you were definitely given the benefit of that.

In that vein, I can't agree with you laying the blame on him for taking out a lethal weapon and pointing it. Your entire RP behaviour was well within the realm of reasonably pulling out a gun. Irrespective of which, after being tazed, a real person would clearly have the wind knocked out of them and not realistically be in a position to just sprint off into the sunset.

On that basis, the particular kind of weapon we happened to have pulled on you becomes largely irrelevant. Be it a tazer or a pistol - we have the drop on you and you should really have been RPing accordingly.

If you want to claim you were in the right in fleeing, that's of course your prerogative, but I don't believe it holds water considering the scenario at hand.

As I said before, just try to think a bit more realistically. I do believe that you talked your way into a permaban and that your mid/end-stage RP was ultimately lacking in quality during the later part of the scenario.

Nonetheless, I feel your plight and, since you have placed a ban appeal, I'll drop a comment there with my thoughts in your favour - but you do really need to think about what happened here and not blame others for it. Thiston was not the arbiter of your current situation and if you are harbouring a grudge against him, you should probably re-evaluate. I don't know what @Varakai may think, but I suspect I'm not entirely off-field in what I'm saying.

2 hours ago, Olipro said:

but in the encounter we had, that was clearly not the case as you had a pretty free reign and your ignoring FearRP was largely disregarded by us. It was your escalating the situation unrealistically that drew our ire.

oh please... if your saying the moment you said i have warrants im suppose to stop dead in my tracks makes no sense. you said think realistically so if im going away for life would i still run with a gun to my head? of course.

Both myself and Carl let you continue. There was no real issue with your ignoring FearRP until it descended into VDM and gunshots because, whilst by the rules it's breaking FearRP, you hadn't escalated it until you involved your friends - as I said before, that was what escalated it to a pure attempt to turn a legitimate disadvantage into a win by ignoring the play. In all honestly, it's more fun to let you go a little bit "off piste" with FearRP so long as you don't unreasonably try to gain an unfair advantage and ultimately, comply.

You didnt let me do "continue" anything thistol cried rule break instantly as fast as he possibly could  im not sure what your really talking about. you were so willing to RP with me....  So you didnt care about the rules for a chase as long as situation doesnt end in the criminal getting away, dully noted. Because if you want to get technical all i did was wrong was running from after the tazer and if we werent in NCZ we would killed you all right off the bat, so take ur W because of Ruleplayers. 

In that vein, I can't agree with you laying the blame on him for taking out a lethal weapon and pointing it. Your entire RP behaviour was well within the realm of reasonably pulling out a gun

I didnt blame him for taking his gun out. Let me re-explain, I blame him for pulling out a gun not to shoot my sorry ass but call in /ooc im breaking fearRP. OR tell me he pulled lethal IN VOICE or CHARACTER CHAT, i would of stopped dead in my tracks.  i wouldnt consider a tazer life threatening.  Just shot me to injured at that point.  

So, I can't speak to entirely separate situations with other officers. They are their own people and that RP is theirs. I'm only going to discuss the standard of RP I expect and hold myself to - I can understand if you have had unpleasant situations with others, but they're not part of the RP we had, nor are they part of the reason for your ban.

This is the same day and ultimately a chain of events that lead up to me being perma banned. 

Irrespective of which, after being tazed, a real person would clearly have the wind knocked out of them and not realistically be in a position to just sprint off into the sunset.

Simple google search proves that wrong.  

There was no real issue with your ignoring FearRP until it descended into VDM and gunshots because, whilst by the rules it's breaking FearRP, you hadn't escalated it until you involved your friends

You say you cant be held to what other cops do but im held to what my friends do? Okay your just saying what ever at this point to try and make yourself look good. I will not be commenting back furthermore. Thanks for your input. cheers!

Edited by Mr_1bitcoin
-- Spelling errors -- Sentence Structure --
  • Like 1

Unban Carl. He did nothing wrong that hasn't been done a hundred times before by people in power. We need people who RP in the server. There seems to be a big division of people who actually want to RP fun scenarios that are both funny and fun to participate and then there's the people who refuse to RP with anyone, stay to themselves and just spend their times playing actual Grand Theft Auto in the woods with their friends. Both parties were wrong in this case so with that being said its morally wrong to ban Carl and I think it should be undone. I've never met him in game but those videos proved to me that his ban was based on emotion and not logic. 

Edited by John_Wix
typo
  • Like 2