Sam Axe

Rule to limit people from robbing/scamming people

first let me start with a brief point about why these next rules need to be added asap, ive been playing a couple of months but and already leaving the community due to people scamming people only at the bank or robbing people because someone's just bored. ive been robbed simply by just driving down the highway by gangs of like 5 or 6 people who take the car with them and just hide it on the other side of the map or submerge it just to be a d***. so here is the rules im suggesting so others don't leave either. 

there should be 3 levels of robbing based on the money or affiliation with the victim you will have,

(Low Level Robberies) these are the types of robberies that are random and you don't know the person or affiliation normally, you should only be able to rob someone at random if you have less than $20,000 in your bank account, you cant use a luxury type car/bike, and are using a gun valued at less than 12k to commit the robbery. - this is more realistic sense some people on the server that have literally $100K are robbing people where ever they want. if you have 100k in a bank account in real life your not going to risk all that just for a couple hundred dollars and risk death unless your utterly insane which with the fear rp rule isn't justified as a reason to break a rule.

(Gang Robberies) - you should only be allowed to rob a gang if you have a gang already, have 2 people, or have had some kind of bad type of contact with the gang before hand. these it wouldn't matter how much money you have in your account. 

(drug labs) - ok, as someone who has never robbed someone at a lab lets just pretend I did for the sake of this one. if someone is at a druglab and its robbed, both parties would have to leave the lab and not come back for at least 20 minutes irl time, in a lot of cases someone will wait at a lab till they see someone, rob it after a couple of minutes and they will drive off (this is fine) - or go back to the spot, wait and in like 2 minutes go back and rob it again and its the same person cooking. this is completely ridiculous to think someone would just wait at the place they just got robbed at just to keep trying to cook, once in a session a dude got robbed at the same lab soo much the guys finally just called the cops on him to get him arrested because he was not leaving after they robbed him. 

last one is that scamming someone should be illegal and if it happens, the police would investigate and determine the outcome. I know there should be a risk if someone tries to avoid paying taxes but more often than not lately that's not the case. the high end market is overloaded with cars people are trying to flip to the point it cant even take any more. this would be a case where someone would have to take it public and not just trying to avoid paying the taxes but may be desperate like needing to pay police tickets, a loan, or countless other reasons. I say put in a command that allows you to sell something to someone but sends part of the money to the government as a tax. this would both eliminate the reason a lot of people are having to sell things privately because the car lots are full. if someone gets scammed and payed the tax the police would be able to actually launch a investigation for some fun scenarios, btw the way it would work is if the police determined the sale was a scam the person would file a lost item claim on the site representing magistrate court which is something people use in real life to hold people accountable who try to scam people. then it would be given back and a warrant for fraud would be added to the scammer. and finally it would stop the level of fear of scams that are putting private sales of vehicles and property to a halt.

these are my suggestions to hopefully help keep players having fun in the future. personally ive tried to keep playing but I just cant, any time I try to buy something from someone it just turns into a "HAHA Surprise! your getting robbed!" or "HAHA! Thanks for the car moron!" situation. everytime I see someone at a gas station I go around the block a few times until they leave just to get gas,(ive seen others do it too) and its just insane to call it rp at this point for millionaires or gangs to be robbing random people at gas stations because they are bored. with any common sense nobody with a lot to loose is going to risk it for a couple dollars. I get there needs to be robberies to keep it realistic but this needs to get fixed. I really loved my time here and may play again one day in the future but I joined to play a rp server, not a robbers vs cops and civilians server

On 1/30/2020 at 2:41 PM, Sam Axe said:

scamming someone should be illegal and if it happens, the police would investigate and determine the outcome

Police do investigate and it's already illegal.  The problem is lack of evidence.  Very few people RP for a contract, they don't exchange personal information, don't get the phone number of who they're doing deals with... it's frustrating to have someone come up to you and say they were scammed but then say they don't know the name of the person that scammed them.  We'll get a report and then have zero evidence to work with.  How is that possible?

Edited by Victor Einhart
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/8/2020 at 1:50 AM, Victor Einhart said:

Police do investigate and it's already illegal.  The problem is lack of evidence.  Very few people RP for a contract, they don't exchange personal information, don't get the phone number of who they're doing deals with... it's frustrating to have someone come up to you and say they were scammed but then say they don't know the name of the person that scammed them.  We'll get a report and then have zero evidence to work with.  How is that possible?

im referring to people who ask people to go to the bank to make a trade or sale for something. after they don't give over the property/money and just take off even after you got all that information. say your at the bank and you get someone's license and have a contract made up, then after they signed you give them the money but they just run off. happened to me once and the cop said they cant do anything because the banks a NCZ so they couldn't investigate, then I asked for a admin and they said scamming at ncz's was allowed and I couldn't get the money back. (even tho I had a contract with the guys license and name in game along with a video)

SUGGESTION DENIED

Thank you for your patience while this suggestion was being reviewed/researched.

After reviewing/researching this suggestion, we have decided to deny it for the following reason(s): 

• The update to robbery rules regard high risk vs low reward has been added since this suggestion was made and most of these points are addressed in the rules.

This decision is final. Unless instructed to, do not post another suggestion pertaining to this topic. You will still be able to submit other suggestions on the forums.

Regards,

Chunder