Nick_Deo

Roleplay Suggestion for Robberies

Do you like the idea?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea?

I suggest that for IC Robberies in game, each player carrying whatever amount of cash with him should be bound to give away all of it, when forced to do so.

What I mean is, I've often seen on all RP servers I've played on, that when being robbed at gunpoint, players just declare some random fraction amount, of the money that they actually carry and give it to the robber. So if they are carrying a million, they say they got only 10 grand, pay it and leave. This is really non-RP in my opinion. What I suggest is, there should be a frisk like command to check the victim's cash in hand. Eg: '/friskmoney [iD]' which should only work when the victim's hands are up in the air. Upon using /friskmoney, the victim will get a notification to '/accept friskmoney'. When done, the robber gets to know the actual amount of money being carried by the victim.

This solves two purposes:-

a) Enhances RP

b) Makes sure that people keep all their money deposited in the bank. This helps the economy function better and creates some actual use of the banking system for players. When I read the "feature reveal" doc on forums, it said that money gets added to the server on addition of each new player. So, whatever amount gets added should eventually be saved by the player along-with his income, in his bank a/c so that bank actually has enough deposits to lend loans and provide grants to industries. This will help us to take the server to a very realistic and player-based economy in the future.

Of-course, newbies shouldn't be robbed and a minimum limit for robbing a player, like level 3 or 5 could solve that. To make it a fair game for the victims, the robber shouldn't be allowed to kill the victim if he has paid the money. If that's done, the victim can post a complaint with an SS of the same.

We are thinking of implementing wallets, that could only store X amount of currency. During a robbery, a player could be forced to hand over his wallet to the mugger. Briefcases could be used to store huge amounts of money and could aid players in making huge illegal deals (ex.: buying a shipment of drugs or illegal firearms), but those would probably be used by experienced players who would be already aware of the risks. Newbies will receive most of their starter money through their bank accounts, leaving little money in their wallet so they can hail a taxi or pay for other services.

We are thinking of implementing wallets, that could only store X amount of currency. During a robbery, a player could be forced to hand over his wallet to the mugger. Briefcases could be used to store huge amounts of money and could aid players in making huge illegal deals (ex.: buying a shipment of drugs or illegal firearms), but those would probably be used by experienced players who would be already aware of the risks. Newbies will receive most of their starter money through their bank accounts, leaving little money in their wallet so they can hail a taxi or pay for other services.

If you're going to limit it should be quite a bit, I would say something similar to $10,000 - $15,000 (in $100.00 bills). Also implement a /stealcash command or /rob command that players can use while they have someone at gunpoint or an incapacitated individual. I know 10-15k sounds excessive but I mean, I've seen a guy pay cash for a truck with 13,500 in cash... in his jeans pocket. It was insane, but possible.

We will try our best to not use many commands. We can use a UI probably that will be activated with an action key we decide upon. 'Player Interactions' really nice idea. I think $10,000 -$15,000 is a really high limit. We are planning to have a realistic economy meaning cheapest car may be about $10,000... old beat up cars maybe $3,000 - $5,000...... house $300,000.....