Guest Holt Willis

No longer own my house after a year of not playing

Guest Holt Willis

Not sure if this is the place to post this, I would struggle to make a refund request because a friend and I only have some screenshots outside our houses, not proof they were actually ours, so I doubt it would be enough evidence to support a refund request.

About a year and a half ago a couple of friends and I got into Eclipse RP. We spent some months playing on the server and built up a decent amount of assets, including our houses in Sandy Shores.
come September of last year I started to work full time and my time for GTA RP was cut down and eventually I stopped playing. At the end of my time playing on Eclipse my friend and myself each owned a house on I believe Algonquin st. in Sandy shores, the street behind the tattoo parlour. I believe we each paid something in the range of 70-100k for the houses. They weren't anything special, we were fitting into where our characters would likely live, in shanties and trailer parks, as we were RPing as pretty ragged old hillbillies.

Today I have logged back in to my account to discover I no longer own my home. I don't know who does own it now but using /stats I have 0 homes owned, but I still seem to have the 3 vehicles and what little cash I had in the bank at the time of ceasing to play in late 2018.

My question is:
Do you lose ownership over your home in game after a certain period of time? I remember back in the SA:MP days some RP servers would put your house up for sale after 6-12 months inactivity, and I'm not sure if that has happened in my case. If so is there any feasible way of getting an in-game refund without the video or image proof of me owning this home? Are there transaction logs that would be kept of someone buying a home from the server, not a transaction between individual players?

Thanks,
mastaharro, A.K.A. Holt Willis.

5 minutes ago, mastaharro said:

God damn, so close, if i had just logged in a month and a bit ago my house could've been saved

Probably not, houses are usually removed automatically by the system if the player has been inactive for 2-3 months. In December it was done by admins, when they removed houses from players who had not played more than 30 minutes in the last month.

That is the message that was said in the official discord. As the text is already crossed out, I believe no refunds will be allowed.

@everyone inactive players are characters, who own one or more houses and haven't played for at least 30 minutes within the period of a month. Inactive houses are occasionally sold to free up property for new players, it's inconvenient for the inactive home owners, but it's necessary for the server as houses are of limited quantity. Inactive players were refunded part of the money for their homes (base value). If someone paid more money for their home, than the amount refunded and is unsatisfied, these players are eligible to post a refund request on the forums and receive a partial or full refund (depends on the player's circumstances). DO NOT FORGET TO POST YOUR HOUSE STREET NAME AND HOUSE NUMBER.