Nightranger

Conflicts of Interest

Before I start, This is not a salt post, It is my opinion, that seems to be widely shared.

I believe that staff members that are in a gang/faction, or affiliated with a gang/faction should not deal with issues that arise from circumstances directly involved with the gang/faction they are affiliated with.

This cuts down on any rumours/allegations of certain staff doing stuff to benefit the gang/faction they are apart of, and helps remove some tension from other players who believe this to be the case.

It would benefit the server as a whole, as an unbiased set of eyes would be looking at the evidence/situation at hand, and would also encourage better levels of RP, currently some members will report 4 or report 3, just because things did not go the way they like, I think this should also be punishable for repeat offenders, as it does nothing to enhance the quality of RP or relations within the server amongst gangs/factions, and does nothing but waste staff time.

As mentioned, this is only to try and make the server a better place - Where there are conflicts of interest within RL situations, scenarios, that conflict of interest is removed, and I do not think it should be any different here, It would only make it be a more fairer system, for all involved, and removes any tensions that may arise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nightranger said:

Before I start, This is not a salt post, It is my opinion, that seems to be widely shared.

I believe that staff members that are in a gang/faction, or affiliated with a gang/faction should not deal with issues that arise from circumstances directly involved with the gang/faction they are affiliated with.

This cuts down on any rumours/allegations of certain staff doing stuff to benefit the gang/faction they are apart of, and helps remove some tension from other players who believe this to be the case.

It would benefit the server as a whole, as an unbiased set of eyes would be looking at the evidence/situation at hand, and would also encourage better levels of RP, currently some members will report 4 or report 3, just because things did not go the way they like, I think this should also be punishable for repeat offenders, as it does nothing to enhance the quality of RP or relations within the server amongst gangs/factions, and does nothing but waste staff time.

As mentioned, this is only to try and make the server a better place - Where there are conflicts of interest within RL situations, scenarios, that conflict of interest is removed, and I do not think it should be any different here, It would only make it be a more fairer system, for all involved, and removes any tensions that may arise.

This has already been spoken about in this thread 

dont know why its getting repeated for, I know the admins don't use their gang Affiliation to accept their reports and help them, If you record and report and you got proof to go with any rule breaks the members of staff has or needs to punishe people in the gangs as well as any one else who breaks the rules, The admins are very trusted with in the community but if any thing happens report it instead of making these threads.

Administrators will go by their guide book and protocols when then need to deal with this. They are in the position as they are very trusted....

Pretty much sums it up - staff members who are in a particular faction/gang are encouraged not to put themselves in a position where a conflict of interest could occur.

If you have any evidence where you feel a staff member acted in a manner which was a conflict of interest, please feel free to make a Player Report.

Thanks,

Lewis