Bala

Chop Shop [Skill / Bribes]

I don't want to give away too much IC information here but chop shops exist, for stolen vehicles. Right now, you go there and you do a command and anxiously wait on one ass cheek to see if you will be able to get through your chop without someone coming to fuck with you. I know all this, and I like it anyway.

That being said, as this is a suggestions forum, I'd like to make a couple suggestions.

Chopping Skill

• You can either suggest that it's you that's chopping the car, or there is a team there chopping the vehicle for you. Either way, the more times you do it, the better the relationship you'd build with the chopshop.
  • As a result of this, I'd either like to see some reductions in the amount of time you wait or the amount of money you get from doing it. Let's not go crazy and suggest both, because that's greedy but for repeat customers, the chop shop team working quicker for you or letting you have a bigger cut makes in-character sense.
  • All the jobs in Eclipse sadly keep you at ground zero every time you do them (they don't reward you extra for more repetition) so having something like that is an extra incentive to a task that really requires you to do absolutely nothing but sit there.

Now, failing a chopping skill. Perhaps something a little more basic. Perhaps you can trade some of your profit for a quicker job with a bribe.

• Premise is pretty simple, you could get x amount of time off the chop for x% of the money you get. If I were to hypothetically get 3k for example for a kitty litter tray with wheels, then I would sacrifice say like $300 for say a minute and a half off the chopping time. 
  • If you're with a big group, there is a security in that but when it's just you out there, seconds do count.
  • I still would like a decent wait period there so it doesn't become too safe, but I think being able to buy a little convenience would be absolutely fine.
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Not a bad idea. I was thinking of an extension to your suggestion and to make it more realistic perhaps have it so time is reduced when you take the same type of car into it instead?

Each vehicle starts of with a base waiting time to chop.

So if I take an elegy retro into the shop it may take a while as this is the first time the shop has seen one and it would realistically take a bit longer to brake this vehicle down in parts.

Bit if I was again to take another elergy retro into the shop a second time, the guys would have more of an understanding of the vehicle therefore would be able to brake it down a bit faster than before.

You could also put a cap on the reductions or howmuch each time is reduced to make it fair and still a risk.

Edited by childofkorn
  • Like 2